Sponsored

Doors off, Harley mirrors on?

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
If you’ve had a Harley, you have takeoff parts just like with a Jeep. Well when my doors are off I use my takeoff Harley mirrors. They have worked great. You can pick these up for next to nothing from someone who has replaced the stock mirrors with something aftermarket. Is
Jeep Gladiator Doors off, Harley mirrors on? 32A341BB-CB1C-49B2-B87D-09494907D913
anyone else doing something similar?
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I've never liked having the mirrors that low and I cant imagine what you are looking at with a head that small so far away. But legal is legal, don't matter if it works.

Thats what I always liked about my CJ, the mirrors on the hinge meant I always had mirrors even if I didn't have the doors on or the glass up.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Never thought about using those. Just purchased what appears to be the same thing off ebay.

80thAnn

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those mirrors are a must! Had my doors off today and you just naturally cut corners tighter and merging onto a highway is a pain without em. Going to try and pick up something soon. Well done looks good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
I've never liked having the mirrors that low and I cant imagine what you are looking at with a head that small so far away. But legal is legal, don't matter if it works.

Thats what I always liked about my CJ, the mirrors on the hinge meant I always had mirrors even if I didn't have the doors on or the glass up.
They work and I can see. I'm so use to turning my head to make sure it's clear from riding my cycles so I don't do anything differently. But having them on a hinge would be nice like the CJ.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I use the Harley Sportster mirrors as well. Yes they're a little low, but they are ever so slightly convex and work great. I just need them to check beside the truck for lane changes, which they do perfectly. They're really inexpensive on Amazon.

Probably helps that I ride a "crotch rocket" I'm used to this type of mirror.

Sponsored

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Old trick but great. I used it a while ago. 2 years ago I cleaned out all my spare parts and tossed 3-4 sets of mirrors....

Gotta hop on Marketplace and find a pair. They are basically useless outside of keeping you legal when driving doorless.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Old trick but great. I used it a while ago. 2 years ago I cleaned out all my spare parts and tossed 3-4 sets of mirrors....

Gotta hop on Marketplace and find a pair. They are basically useless outside of keeping you legal when driving doorless.
They're good for quick lane checks imo. I quickly realizes how often I glance at the side mirrors the first time I had the doors off.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Any pics of this setup? They threaded right in with nothing to add?
yup, one bolt out and spin them on, I wont have the doors off but I will get a pic of them in place for the thread.

I just edited my thread to attach the pics,
Jeep Gladiator Doors off, Harley mirrors on? scooter mirror 1.jpe

Jeep Gladiator Doors off, Harley mirrors on? scooter mirrir 2.jpe

Jeep Gladiator Doors off, Harley mirrors on? scooter mirror 3.jpe

Last edited:

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
yup, one bolt out and spin them on, I wont have the doors off but I will get a pic of them in place for the thread.

Nice! I may be doing this.

raypla

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner

Never tried to put it there, I drop it in the upper hinge and 1 min later their ready to go, they hold position when removed and when you go to put them on next time minor adjustments and you’re
Jeep Gladiator Doors off, Harley mirrors on? F75977E2-0823-4ABD-9F8C-9B4D1372CA47
on the road. I think I paid 40$/ side from the local Harley shop when I had my JK. I must say the JT doors feel half the weight of my JK ones.
Jeep Gladiator Doors off, Harley mirrors on? A8552D56-8BEC-4D80-AFD5-2A7A4BA0C4D7
Sponsored