Sponsored

Eco diesel Suspension bottoming out on normal roads

Staphylococcus0

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gecko Gladiator, aka Ostentatious.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Machinist
I think I finally got mine to fully bottom out while making a corner into an industrial court.

Was unexpectedly harsh. That being said I have hit the bump stops a couple times. But Carondelet might as well be a trail and not a road.

I wouldn't say it's anything close to the video that was posted earlier. There has to be something up with certain Gladiators.

JTRD, 740ish miles at time of posting.
Bottom out 10 miles ago.

I could only assume that it would get worse as the shocks age.
Sponsored

smoothbronco

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt rubicon diesel
Do we have a valid solution to this yet? It is beyond irritating that we need to spend money on these to make them useable but whatever, I have zero confidence in Jeep making It right

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
I installed the mopar 2” lift on my rubicon diesel, steel bumpers / roof rack.

I do not have the bottom out issue like I did before. I would say it’s 95” solved.

Now off-road, with sways disconnected I have hit the bumps even with the lift. But it’s so much better than it was before.

I am looking to replace the tiny foam bumps that came stock with some bigger ones at some point.

But for all normal driving, the mopar 2” lift without any additional components solves this issue.

Jeep won’t be paying for it…

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Ok who here has gone this route and successfully had jeep cover any of the costs? I went through the process, and my information/case was forwarded to Lisa. I was told that Engineering is looking at it but I don’t have a fix and if I choose to do anything it’s on my dime. I swear I read others have had the install and/or lift covered for free. I’m told IF engineering decides to help cover costs they will contact us and so I should save invoices.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Now if only I could actually get the overpriced mopar lift….no stock
I wouldn’t call their lift overpriced at all … it’s actually a great kit… buy the parts individually and it’s $600 without shocks, I did that for my gas gladiator before I sold it. I used icon shocks because they have the longest travel with minimal bumpstop. Rear needed non and front only needed a 1” spacer, and got about 12” or suspension travel…

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
I voted, Rubicon. From what I understood today they say it’s a Rubicon problem.

I was asking if anyone had actual resolution that was covered by Jeep yet.
I got mine covered by my dealer/regional rep. I also had to sign a form that said I could not claim additional problems with the front suspension bottoming out - ever - for this vehicle and expect FCA/Stellantis/etc. to cover the costs. And while Lisa was involved, I don’t think think I would consider this a “MOPAR” (or Stellantis or FCA) covered fix.

-post 131, page 9

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I got mine covered by my dealer/regional rep. I also had to sign a form that said I could not claim additional problems with the front suspension bottoming out - ever - for this vehicle and expect FCA/Stellantis/etc. to cover the costs. And while Lisa was involved, I don’t think think I would consider this a “MOPAR” (or Stellantis or FCA) covered fix.
That kind of dealer service is going to be tough to come by for people who traveled out of their way to get a JT at a steep discount.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
That kind of dealer service is going to be tough to come by for people who traveled out of their way to get a JT at a steep discount.
I don’t know if this helps, but my servicing dealer is not the dealer I bought it from.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I don’t know if this helps, but my servicing dealer is not the dealer I bought it from.
I’ll be dealing with that situation on the 12th. Hope it goes well.

smoothbronco

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt rubicon diesel
I wouldn’t call their lift overpriced at all … it’s actually a great kit… buy the parts individually and it’s $600 without shocks, I did that for my gas gladiator before I sold it. I used icon shocks because they have the longest travel with minimal bumpstop. Rear needed non and front only needed a 1” spacer, and got about 12” or suspension travel…
thats one opinion

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD

-post 131, page 9
I have to agree with your sentiments. The dealership I ordered mine from is proving to be not helpful, and I don't know the roads around town well enough to show them the problem. I have spent some time driving around the town, but to no avail.

I have talked to JeepCares/JeepWave a few times now, and it seems that the "Engineering Issue" may or may not ever get any traction. Also seems that when they said "Gather data" and "Star Case" those are just buzz phrases for the same old drive the vehicle and see, the dealership always does, not actually take measurements and check against engineering specifications.

Seems like in your case they realized "we have screwed this guy enough" and took care of you... guess it is all about getting the right service manager and regional rep. Too bad you are halfway across the country otherwise I would drive to your dealership.

BWT! Looks like the Poll is now over 70, if my basic counting skills are right!
Sponsored