Sponsored

Eco diesel Suspension bottoming out on normal roads

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
add me to the list. Week old JTRD that hits hard on speed bump at less than 15 mph

JeepCares where is help with this solution? I shouldn't have to spend $ to enable a brand new $60k off-road vehicle to go over a speed bump without jarring your teeth.

I hope you get something! I called Jeep Wave again last week and opened a new case for a status update. They called the dealership who told them they only heard faint noise, and they were scared to drive it any harder over bumps, so there is nothing they can do.

They said if I want I can put it all back to stock, pull my winch and bumper, AGAIN, pull the spacers and then drive an hour north to take the tech on a ride, because the video's I sent in are not good enough.

Just call me another satisfied owner!
Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Mine is still completely stock so no way they can blame it on mods. Problem is they know exactly what it's doing. Easy to replicate.
The real question is will they step up and provide a solution.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
S
Mine is still completely stock so no way they can blame it on mods. Problem is they know exactly what it's doing. Easy to replicate.
The real question is will they step up and provide a solution.
Same here. Except the rack on back.

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
been following this thread. I was thinking about this issue and general human nature. Many, if not most of us know that the best fix will result in a lift of some sort. If a good solution to eliminate hitting the bump stops would somehow lower your vehicle, would we still have the same opinions and emotions about this topic?
More recently Iā€™m seeing possible solutions by changing the bump stop somehow. If effective, it would result in no lift or lowering.
How much of the level of dissatisfaction people are feeling is because they would just like a free lift from Jeep?
Well, I for one have been frustrated because I don't really want to run 37s, and am afraid a 2.5 lift to solve the problem will make my 35s look out of place. My normal driving includes DD, bumpy fire roads weekly, towing a 4k trailer, and would like to be able to do mild crawling a half dozen times a year... but within my vehicles limitations.

As a more worrysome example, I bird hunt with a friend and 3 dogs. My friend previously had two dogs blow out ACLs jumping off tailgates. You lift the truck, and you increase the probability of an overzealous dog jumping to its injury. (sure, you train them to woah, so you can lift them off, but a young one with hormones and bird scent...yeah right).

This vehicle is supposed to be able to run 35s without a lift. I really don't want the "fix" to take my vehicle OUT of the zone that I bought it for.

The jounce bump/spacer seems best option so far for me... but I'll be continually thinking I've been short changed 1"+ of front spring travel for my moderate crawling.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
add me to the list. Week old JTRD that hits hard on speed bump at less than 15 mph

@JeepCares where is help with this solution? I shouldn't have to spend $ to enable a brand new $60k off-road vehicle to go over a speed bump without jarring your teeth.
Have you visited your dealer yet for this? If so, send us a private message with more details on your appointment and we can dig in.

Kate
Jeep Cares

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
can you post a pic of your front bumpstop?
I'll get a pic today. I have the same new little tiny bumpstops that look ridiculous. Just put my winch on this weekend and still driving just fine. I will be putting on a 3" RK lift soon....waiting on one last box to arrive probably by the end of next week. I just don't like how low the JT is stock.

Sidenote: I do have 35" tires on. Can't imagine that makes to much of a difference, but then again once I put them on it drives ten times better. The stock tires these things come with are cheap crap. Good for a car but not these trucks. It was a noticeable difference in cornering and overall performance just by switching out tires. Got rid of the squishy not really controllable feeling of the truck.

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, JLUR
Occupation
Retired US Army
I was bottoming out with the factory springs, I did the MOPAR 2 inch lift and now the problem is solved. Rides great.

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
Here's a couple of pics of my JTD springs and bumpstops in the front......about 3" before hitting.

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

Sponsored

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I just got my Rubicon with the front steel bumper. I've only gotten it to bottom out once. But it was only when I really tried to get it to bottom out. I was going ~ 38mph over a speed bump. Other than that I haven't had it bottom out once, and I drive over some crazy pot holes in the city.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Here's a couple of pics of my JTD springs and bumpstops in the front......about 3" before hitting.

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg
Hell I've only got 1" 3/4 on mine. I can get mine to bottom out at 7 miles an hour over a decent sized speed bump. It's just a Sport S Ecodiesel no mods except a rack on the back. That dowel was in-between the bump stop and the bottom pad
Jeep Gladiator Eco diesel Suspension bottoming out on normal roads IMG_20210614_121829291

GoFastGoFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRX L2 Billet, 2021 JLU Willy's , 2020 X5 G05
As posted in another thread.. I am at 21 days without my barely a week old JTRD.. I am not buying an aftermarket suspension to fix their engineering issue. The reason this issue probably still exists is because most of the people that bought these vehicles immediately ditched the factory suspension. (My theory of course) . Jeep Corp and dealership have been very good at admitting the issue.. even to the extent that dealership feels vehicle is unsafe due to the significant jarring. So I am actually comfortable that something will get worked out. Not sure what that something is.. but I will let you all know.

Fact is.. the vehicle should not behave like this.. in no way, shape, or form.. It's either a severe oversight... or a calculated one.. as I cannot for the life of me see how this tested well.

For the record, my JT is Rubi Diesel , Steel Bumper, all factory, no mods.. 750 miles when I brought to dealership service.

I miss my truck.. for sure..

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
I have to wonder if they screwed up and put the wrong springs in some of the JT's. I ordered mine the last day of July and received it mid September.
Be interesting to see if the part number of the springs are the same or changed for the diesel models.

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
Earlier in the thread a member posed that they were not experiencing the issue, and that it was being blown out of proportion... We checked spring part numbers, and I have the same spring part numbers installed. Seems like the issue totally random... maybe a QC issue from the spring manufacturer?

I would advise that if you are seeing an issue, get it fixed before you do any mods... the only way the dealership will properly document it is if it is fully stock! You will also want to drive it with a tech and make sure they get their teeth jarred, like we do going over speed humps.

My dealership is doing nothing to help me, except wasting more and more of my time. Sounds like they didn't really record any measurements or details about the spacing, otherwise they wouldn't need me to set it back to stock again, and prove it! They could just use the data they gathered to see if it was within the design specs.
Sponsored