Sponsored

Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I tried going back through this thread and I swear im having a stroke or i need a handler but I cant find a link to a controller that has all components. I see the video for the curt and that looks like what I want instead of waiting for the MOPAR one.

Can someone do me a solid and throw up a link to a controller that has everything I need....im AWFUL with anything electrical..the more idiot proof the better.
Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I tried going back through this thread and I swear im having a stroke or i need a handler but I cant find a link to a controller that has all components. I see the video for the curt and that looks like what I want instead of waiting for the MOPAR one.

Can someone do me a solid and throw up a link to a controller that has everything I need....im AWFUL with anything electrical..the more idiot proof the better.
This is what I used.
https://www.carid.com/curt/spectrum-tri-axis-inertia-brake-control-mpn-51170.html

and this harness.
https://www.carid.com/curt/brake-control-harness-with-quick-plug-mpn-51459.html

It was all plug and play. just follow the instructions. no need to swap wires, or splice this with that. I have not towed with it, but I don't see any issues with it so far.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Curt 51170 controller and 51527 harness.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07CZTXL8P/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_YSSUEbYJFEBKC
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B086HLWYT9/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_bRSUEbMTFK8VD

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting how yours is a different harness. I got the 51459 because that's what was recommended on CarID, but yours is the 51527. They look the same. I wonder what's different, if there is one beside model number.

on the Curt website, it lists the 51527 as compatible with the Gladiator, but the 51429 for the Cherokee. Guess I'll have to test mine out to see if I should replace it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting how yours is a different harness. I got the 51459 because that's what was recommended on CarID, but yours is the 51527. They look the same. I wonder what's different, if there is one beside model number.

on the Curt website, it lists the 51527 as compatible with the Gladiator, but the 51429 for the Cherokee. Guess I'll have to test mine out to see if I should replace it.
It's in a couple of the controller threads. There's a diode needed in the harness to keep the controller from feeding back into the canbus system. It usually works without the diode, but if the brake controller is manually activated with no trailer connected, it lights up the dash with error lights. There's a RAM harness with a diode that some have used, but requires the black and blue wires to be swapped. Some have used the 51459 harness and added a diode. Now that the Gladiator specific harness is available, I would contact them about switching to the one Curt recommends.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
thanks fellas!!!

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I used these parts - All ordered from ETrailer
33-1EBRH-ACCV2 - Redarc Tow Pro Elite Trailer Controller
331-TPH-020 - Redarc Plug and Play Wiring Harness - MUST CHANGE BLUE AND BLACK WIRE
331-TPSI-003 - Mounting panal for Tow Pro

I got mine all for $250 shipped to my doorstep.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's in a couple of the controller threads. There's a diode needed in the harness to keep the controller from feeding back into the canbus system. It usually works without the diode, but if the brake controller is manually activated with no trailer connected, it lights up the dash with error lights. There's a RAM harness with a diode that some have used, but requires the black and blue wires to be swapped. Some have used the 51459 harness and added a diode. Now that the Gladiator specific harness is available, I would contact them about switching to the one Curt recommends.
I'll definitely give them a call. Although I have not had the issue of warning lights come on when manually activating the controller with nothing attached. Guess I'm not looking forward to contorting myself to get it unplugged. lol

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

KMal618

First Name
Keri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU
My local dealership said that if we put in an aftermarket trailer brake, it will void the vehicle warranty. They also said if we tow our camper without a trailer brake, that will also void our warranty. Yet an OEM trailer brake isn’t even available. Has anyone else heard this about the vehicle warranty?

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My local dealership said that if we put in an aftermarket trailer brake, it will void the vehicle warranty. They also said if we tow our camper without a trailer brake, that will also void our warranty. Yet an OEM trailer brake isn’t even available. Has anyone else heard this about the vehicle warranty?
Nope, haven’t heard anything like that. Also, the reason they put the plug there is for you to plug an aftermarket controller into. Manufacturers have been doing this for years.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would forward the information to Jeep and request a written response. Also, time for a new dealer, if there's a choice. Also, contact your state office that deals with issues like this.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
For those of you that have successfully adapted a Ram harness to install a Curt Spectrum........
Does it perform it’s calibration every time you start your Jeep or only when you connect a trailer?And with or without engine running?
Just ignition on/off?
What is the correct conditions/sequence to connect the trailer?
Sponsored