Sponsored

Flush Mount Tail Lights

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Installed mine today in my halogen-equiped truck and don't seem to have any performance issues with flickering or the reverse lights. Wish the fitment was a little better (gap doesn't match the contour of the truck) but man it looks so much better than the stock lights. Even my wife loves them, and she normally couldn't care less about something like this.
You really have to press on them, if you do the fitment is actually better than stock. The earlier post where I noticed the persons top bolt was set back about 1/2" from the original spot tells me it wasn't pushed on to get it set. Push them into place, tighten to 80%, check fit and press again as you tighten.
Sponsored

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
You really have to press on them, if you do the fitment is actually better than stock.
I tried that several times, it's just a different contour than the bed of the truck. If it was pressed into the body panel hard enough to form it to the light I imagine it would wear the paint off the bedside.

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211015_201610691

It looks like the bed has a slight curve to it that the lights don't match, hence the gap at the top & bottom. I'm happy with the overall appearance of the light, but this gap doesn't look great.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I tried that several times, it's just a different contour than the bed of the truck. If it was pressed into the body panel hard enough to form it to the light I imagine it would wear the paint off the bedside.

PXL_20211015_201610691.jpg

It looks like the bed has a slight curve to it that the lights don't match, hence the gap at the top & bottom. I'm happy with the overall appearance of the light, but this gap doesn't look great.
I think you need to move it outboard more from the tailgate side to wrap the front around. It does look like the middle of the side hits a bit sooner. I don't think you're going to have any issue with rubbing paint, they won't move.

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 1634331229017

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 1634331237928

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
I think you need to move it outboard more from the tailgate side to wrap the front around.
Looking at that pic, I don't think that would even do it? Shape is simply opposite of each other..... hope I'm wrong, interested otherwise, but not if that is the fit.

EDIT: You have since added pics, I'll review, and delete if needed ha

EDIT 2: Yours seem to fit great!

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Looking at that pic, I don't think that would even do it? Shape is simply opposite of each other..... hope I'm wrong, interested otherwise, but not if that is the fit.

EDIT: You have since added pics, I'll review, and delete if needed ha

EDIT 2: Yours seem to fit great!
You just gotta play around with the fitment to find the happy spot, hold it while you set the screws about 80%, enough to hold them temporarily but not fully tight, adjust as needed, and cinch down.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
These really are no different than putting a bumper or sliders or fenders on. If you just show up and slap some bolts in there it'll attach but it won't be necessarily perfect. All the aftermarket replacement items need a little fiddling with to get things lined up as best as possible.

Even the Jeep stuff doesn't necessarily fit great if you look closely at it. My factory tail lights had a huge gap by the tailgate, just nobody noticed because nobody cared to look.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 1634331237928

From the photo would say you need to loosen the bottom screw then push the top in. The bottom needs to be loose so the top can pivot.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211015_215315747
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211015_215855222

I noticed the same screw head issue that everyone else seems to have, so I bent that part of the sheet metal in a little to make clearance in case it was interfering. I pushed the light up tighter to the bed before re-tightening the screws but all it did was scuff up the paint and then rebound back. Not really sure what to say other than it doesn't fit the contour of my truck. I'm not too concerned but other people might care about this type of thing.

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I had to take off the lights to finish my wrap. Sure enough, paint scraped off from the screw head in that very same spot as everyone else.
I even tightened it down as much as I could before installing.
Hope you next batch people get a version 1.1 update. Hahah

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 20211015_233438

Got mine in ... replaced stock halogen.

I screwed up and somehow ripped the reverse lights out of the plug
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 20211015_162752

I actually had a few issues. My oracle reverse light harness was built wrong. There was a crossed wire. That caused the blinker to not work. I cut, flipped and spliced. That worked but then I had the above issue... FUUUUUHHHH
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 20211015_165246

I tried to cut what appeared to be the reverse lights in the harness to feed the broken wire but it caused the turn signal to stop.

In the end, I wound up tapping the brake lights for my reverse lights and I used that tap to also feed the broken tail light reverse light (not the bumper) wire.

It isn't pretty but its working.

Oracle please charge $5-$10 more and give us better harnesses. This is a crappy splice.

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 20211015_164702

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Not going to lie, it's pretty disappointing to learn that a person would have to spend hundreds of more dollars to make these function if you have the factory LED package. They are billed as 'plug and play' and that they 'Works with base and LED packages'.

I don't know anyone that would say they installed these and now have warning lights coming from the vehicle and say this is plug and play or working properly. It's one thing for someone that modifies their vehicle a lot to accept that but I would ask if it would pass the 'Wife test'? Install them and then have her get in, see the warning lights come on, then try to explain to her that you spent 300+ dollars on these lights just so the Jeep displays warning messages. Then explain that you need to spend a few hundred more dollars on another device to get these warning lights off. You'll look/sound like a damn fool.
Oracle really needs to add to this description on website, like may require use of programmer??
Product Features:
• Sleek styling and flush fit to avoid damage to light
• Simple plug-and-play install with factory sensor compatibility
• 12 high-powered LED reverse lights
• Signature perimeter lighting
• Works with base and LED packages
• 1 year warranty

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Oracle really needs to add to this description on website, like may require use of programmer??
Product Features:
• Sleek styling and flush fit to avoid damage to light
• Simple plug-and-play install with factory sensor compatibility
• 12 high-powered LED reverse lights
• Signature perimeter lighting
• Works with base and LED packages
• 1 year warranty
Also this section of your ad should be changed as well:These flush-mount tail lights are compatible with base and LED packages.

the fact that you don’t mention the use of a programmer in your ad will create a lot of confusion

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
At least you guys got yours. Effing USPS sent mine 9 hours past my area and have been marked as scanned like 5 times at 5 different times saying that it's leaving Detroit. At this point I'm about to call it a lost cause. Waited forever for these damn things just to hear about some people having fitment issues while mine are lost.
Sponsored