First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 mazdaspeed Mx5
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Have a '21 Willy's been a issue since new really. Doesnt happen everytime, does puke back out onto fender.. winter or summer.
Took to dealer an they said..no bulletin's or what not from jeep, Not much they can do...
They weren't much help IMO
Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Same for me. Happened randomly. Now I just don't fill past 16.5 gals when i fill up. I always wait for the fuel light to come on so it is simple math. However very frustrating.

Slympicins

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Please let us know if you need any support while working with the dealership, we are happy to help.

Kate
Jeep Cares
My 2022 GLAD (800 miles) does it everytime I fill up. Tried different stations and different pumps. Have to place paper towels to stop it from burping all over the fender.
Has anyone taken this issue to a dealer to discover the cause of the issue? This seems to have been an issue on other models as well.

Last edited:

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My 2022 GLAD (800 miles) does it everytime I fill up. Tried different stations and different pumps. Have to place paper towels to stop it from burping all over the fender.
Has anyone taken this issue to a dealer to discover the cause of the issue? This seems to have been an issue on other models as well.
Hello, Slympicins.

If you decide to bring this to the attention of a dealership and want support, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
Had the issue only once, it was a windy day and another car was parked a little way on the pump front of me. So my JT's fuel door was a little away from the hose so the hose was placed at an angle. But the next few times I filled after that, no issues.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I clock the pump nozzle about 22.5 degrees counter clockwise.

It's 2023 and making fuel tank fill tubes must be complex these days. Just like sealing rear windows from water.
Are you sure that 22.72 degrees wouldn't be better?
J/K
OK, is this really working? Or.........

DunelandFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mojave
Super annoying - happens every time I fill up. Hard to believe this thread started in 2019 and still no definitive solution. This is my 4th Jeep since 2015 (5th counting my wife's), this is the most irritating issue I've encountered. It's such a basic requirement - let gas in, and air out.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Super annoying - happens every time I fill up. Hard to believe this thread started in 2019 and still no definitive solution. This is my 4th Jeep since 2015 (5th counting my wife's), this is the most irritating issue I've encountered. It's such a basic requirement - let gas in, and air out.
The problem is - fill on left, tank on right. Tube runs down and over and to the bottom of the tank. Not sure of the vent configuration but it's got to be rather complex since they have to report annually to the EPA how evaporative emissions are controlled and the parts used.

Slympicins

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Hello, Slympicins.

If you decide to bring this to the attention of a dealership and want support, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Hey Kate. I took it to a dealer here in Cumming, GA and he explained he needed me to drop it off for several days. Never offered a loaner as it is new with 680 miles on it. I am assuming since it's under warranty, there would be a loaner.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Hey Kate. I took it to a dealer here in Cumming, GA and he explained he needed me to drop it off for several days. Never offered a loaner as it is new with 680 miles on it. I am assuming since it's under warranty, there would be a loaner.
https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

Jeep wave program says it includes a same day loaner vehicle. I never got my dealership to care, even when I pointed out that it was a condition of Jeep Wave. Maybe that’s why they need it multiple days.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No this problem started long before the JT.... my TJ Unlimited aka "LJ" has had the same problem since new 2005. I may have had it happen with my JT but a few times. Certain gas stations/ fuel pumps are more likely to have it happen.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I think this issue has to do as much with the wide variation in speed/volume of gas delivered from pump to pump, as well as the fact that the fill tube is a rather small diameter running to the opposite side of the truck under the bed to enter the tank.

Have found that doing the paper shop towel trick , and only running the trigger of the pump at the next to highest detent rather than full blast seems to cure the problem.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator fuel overflowing. KIMG0097.JPG

I really don't lose any sleep over it, or feel the need to bellyache to the dealer.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
No this problem started long before the JT.... my TJ Unlimited aka "LJ" has had the same problem since new 2005. I may have had it happen with my JT but a few times. Certain gas stations/ fuel pumps are more likely to have it happen.
My 2013 2dr. JK had this issue as well.

Master_Cylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Legacy; 2022 Subaru Ascent
My 2006 Dodge Durango had this problem. Started around 20,000 miles. Dodge finally admitted to an issue and replaced the gas tank with a new one and gave a lifetime warranty with it. Truck has 275,000 miles now and never happens. When this was happening, it was very frustrating! If this happens to my Gladiator when I get it, I'll cry!
Sponsored