Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator
Surprised no one has brought it up yet, but when will the trailer brake controller be released, can't count the number of times it has been delayed. The two things I was waiting for before ordering was the release of the hydro blue and the brake controller. Glad now I didn't wait for the controller. One more question, is this round table going to be on the forum after it is complete for members who can not attend?
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Not sure I can make the call on the 21st. Long time Mopar fan and first time jeep owner. I also have an 09 Viper ACR, 2011 Mopar 11 and a 1968 Coronet R/T. Was wondering if Jeep has thought about what Viper did with the One of One program to offer owners a unique style to their purchases. Offer a custom paint scheme from Prefix and maybe some rim and tire combos along with interior. Being the most heavily modified vehicle, this would be a nice touch.

Thanks for all you do.

Bruce
Great question! We will make sure this is in the mix. Thank YOU for being a fan/owner!

OP
OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Really? You think if the ever-increasing safety and emissions standards they have to meet were NOT an issue, Jeep wouldn't give you a Hemi? Of course they would. Complaining about something they cannot control without extensive redesign is just pouting. Maybe the next iteration of the Wrangler/Gladiator. And you could argue that AEV stole the Brute from the CJ-8, so...:angel:

The roundtable would be a better forum to ask things like:
  • Will the steering box be redesigned or braced from the factory?
  • What colours will be introduced and brought back in the next model year?
  • How about expanding the Dark Saddle onto other surfaces like the centre console, dash panel, and armrests where there is black leather?
  • Please figure out a way to get the soft top to go all the way down. Even if it opens it as it does now for times when you've got stuff in the bed (or a topper), but lay down on the bed rails for times you don't.
  • Maybe an option for a power rear window?
  • Make the hard tops on Wranglers and Gladiators so the sides and back panels can be removed for easier storage and removal. I'm sure the engineers have already seen it, but check out Jeff Scherb's thread on ExPo (https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...g-a-factory-jk-jku-hardtop-to-modular.160775/); it was done to a JK and JKU top, but it could be done on newer (or future) models.
  • Any thoughts to change the 3.30 reverse gear ratio on the manual?
  • Any details re: the manual recall? What will the fix be?
  • Just call the Overland a Sahara, and call the Sport S with Max Tow the Overland as people who really "overland" need the maximum payload and towing capacity.
  • Ability to add lockers to other models without getting a Rubicon.
  • Ability to lock rear in 2WD without a programmer.
  • Bigger fuel tank to increase range.
  • Give us the Wayout rack as an option or through Mopar parts!
I'm sure I can come up with more, but that's just off the top of my head. ;)
Wow, great list of questions, We will make sure we mix in the ones we can!

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Instead of the Hemi motor what about the Alfa Romeo Ferrari designed 6. It has more power than the Hemi is lighter and takes no more space than the current motor , please bring up this for an option. I have this motor in my Stelvio and it`s great and produces more torque than the diesel.

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
But it would be nice to have more power. At least turbo charge or super charge a gas engine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Surprised no one has brought it up yet, but when will the trailer brake controller be released, can't count the number of times it has been delayed. The two things I was waiting for before ordering was the release of the hydro blue and the brake controller. Glad now I didn't wait for the controller. One more question, is this round table going to be on the forum after it is complete for members who can not attend?
Good Question, I think we will do a whole section on product features as there are quite a few questions on them. We should be able to post a recap once it wraps.

Daeyis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR 6spd
How about a proper tow rating for the manual transmissions. The Japanese trucks don’t take a hit in towing for selecting a manual. Why can’t Jeep do the same thing?

Why is the wrangler rated to tow 5500lbs (2495kg) in Australia but only 3500lb here in the states?

A tan soft top and tan soft tonneau cover. Would go good with gator/gobi and saddle interior.

One touch up and down windows all the way around. Was already mentioned but is worth mentioning again. The Nissan we had in Japan in the mid 90s had this, 25 years later and it’s not on a brand new Jeep.

A diesel with a manual.

DFCED472-4A1D-44EF-A4A8-5E1A6C15CC92.jpeg

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
Really? You think if the ever-increasing safety and emissions standards they have to meet were NOT an issue, Jeep wouldn't give you a Hemi? Of course they would. Complaining about something they cannot control without extensive redesign is just pouting. Maybe the next iteration of the Wrangler/Gladiator. And you could argue that AEV stole the Brute from the CJ-8, so...:angel:
Let me try again in a way the mods may have less of an issue with....

Why introduce an under powered vehicle.... That is the obvious question.

Jeep designers had every opportunity to bring to market a real "all boxes ticked" truck. Not a next iteration....A truck that lives up to the Gladiator badge. Don't get me wrong it's current form is a great vehicle for the everyday person IF you use it to commute and occasional trips to Home Depot. Still there is a large majority of people (myself included) who do tow and use the truck for what Jeep is known for. Offroad and extreme terrain conditions. I don't care about leather trimmings or cosmetic stuff, it's about capability. What I want to see is a Gladiator that doesn't run out of breath at altitude or pulling power when it counts most. I find the HEMI jab to be comical which was the intent.... It's not like those of us hadn't been asking Jeep to put a V8 in them for the last 20 years or anything. It's funny because it's become an unofficial battle cry of enthusiasts
IF you have issues with it, well bud, then that's on you....

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator

The roundtable would be a better forum to ask things like:
  • Will the steering box be redesigned or braced from the factory?
  • What colours will be introduced and brought back in the next model year?
  • How about expanding the Dark Saddle onto other surfaces like the centre console, dash panel, and armrests where there is black leather?
  • Please figure out a way to get the soft top to go all the way down. Even if it opens it as it does now for times when you've got stuff in the bed (or a topper), but lay down on the bed rails for times you don't.
  • Maybe an option for a power rear window?
  • Make the hard tops on Wranglers and Gladiators so the sides and back panels can be removed for easier storage and removal. I'm sure the engineers have already seen it, but check out Jeff Scherb's thread on ExPo (https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...g-a-factory-jk-jku-hardtop-to-modular.160775/); it was done to a JK and JKU top, but it could be done on newer (or future) models.
  • Any thoughts to change the 3.30 reverse gear ratio on the manual?
  • Any details re: the manual recall? What will the fix be?
  • Just call the Overland a Sahara, and call the Sport S with Max Tow the Overland as people who really "overland" need the maximum payload and towing capacity.
  • Ability to add lockers to other models without getting a Rubicon.
  • Ability to lock rear in 2WD without a programmer.
  • Bigger fuel tank to increase range.
  • Give us the Wayout rack as an option or through Mopar parts!
I'm sure I can come up with more, but that's just off the top of my head. ;)
can you underline, highlight, circle and bold type the modular hard to suggestion!!! I would gladly undo some extra bolts to be able to take the hard top off and be able to store it on the side instead of taking up most of one of the bays plus removing it 1 piece at a time would make it a 1 man job

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
I do enjoy my Launch Edition, thank you. When I saw the 715 crew chief a few years ago, I and many of my customers really enjoyed the looks and features like the air connection on the side of the bed. Could that dream come true? I would like to see Mopar and other Jeep people at the Jeep Jamborees to discuss best modifications for the trails we ride and have them available to see or purchase at the dealers. I get a little frustrated when things like a brake controller is not available when the Gladiator was available to order. I understand may have to wait till May to order a brake controller? Air on board to air up tires would be a great option along with gmrs radio, so we can communicate on the trails too. Front end cameras and off road pages are a great addition. Thanks for the opportunity to discuss opportunities and understand what you doing.

Sponsored

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
Hows bout when will the parts be available to replace the clutch recall?
And hopefully the clutch will be stronger so it is not the weak point of the drivetrain.
And no offense but that clutch pedal is the lightest i’ve Ever felt in any vehicle, even sub compacts, will the new replacement have a truck like feel like all previous jeeps?

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I love my Gladiator!
That being said...
If the new all-electric Rivian R1T's roof came off the deal would be sealed for me:
400+ miles of range
Zero emissions
48" fording depth
0-60 in 3.0 seconds.

The Rivian obviously won't serve the serious overlanding crew very well (or those that want topless/doorless) and ICE Jeeps will remain king there, but for the other 95.5%... hmmmmmm.

"Competition" is what Jeep should be thinking about... and I don't mean the Bronco :LOL:.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator
Hmmm....I wonder if anyone is going to address the issue with THE DOORS... ;););)

Peter Griffin.png

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I want to see a top and rear window identical to a 4-Runner/Tundra...Where the whole [solid, no slide] rear window drops down into the body, and out of the top, and the top can still be removed from the body and the window is completely hidden inside the body panel between the bed and cab. How cool would that be???

Also, is FCA going to install braces on ALL our JT's for free (RECALL), since the steering issues have cost many folks lots of money, and so much time and effort that someone has already figured out the issue, and come up with an aftermarket solution from their shitty factory design flaw?

How about them offering a 5.7 Hemi option for the Max Tow, Mojave, and Rubicon models, and then the Rubicon also has a 6.4 Hemi upgrade option from there, because, well....It's a Rubicon, so it deserves it's own special place in the hierarchy. ;)

How about a couple of extra factory-offered user-adjustable options, like tire sizes for shift-points and speedo recalibration, fogs w/ high beams, etc... That would be a nice feature, because it's a damn Jeep...How many people actually drive a STOCK Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator model? Pretty much less than 5% of owners. 95% of people immediately mod with lift, tires, wheels, etc...

Also, how about allowing small mods to the vehicles (like mentioned above) and still allowing maintain of full-factory warranty, without the dealerships being allowed to void warranties or discriminate against your vehicle for service, etc... while it's still under warranty.
Sponsored