danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
18.5 was all stock with stock 33 MT’s.
So your gains are far greater than 5 mpg. Adding 37s to stock would drop mpgs .... by what 2,3 4 mpg? So in reality you went from like 15.5 to 23.4 or an 51% increase from premium fuel, tune and intake?
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
So your gains are far greater than 5 mpg. Adding 37s to stock would drop mpgs .... by what 2,3 4 mpg? So in reality you went from like 15.5 to 23.4 or an 51% increase from premium fuel, tune and intake?
probably something like that, yeah. mopar intake, afe cone filter, awe exhaust, and Pulsar. The Pulsar is a double benefit because it gives the better tune as well as pedal input correction like a pedal commander.

Id bet money my truck on stock gears and 37” AT’s would dust an all stock truck. the difference in power between where i am now and stock is night and day.

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
The reason this works is two fold: one and the biggest, is the better tune from the Pulsar as well as pedal input correction.

the other reason this works is where the arguments start, and we’ll have a couple people show up and try to tell me im wrong, that ecu’s are perfectly calibrated etc.

Intakes and exhausts that are designed well do let the engine breath more easily. for MPG’s this manipulates the closed loop operation cycle in the ecu. By leaning the engine out with these parts, the engine ADDS fuel via S hort T erm F uel T rim (stft) to bring the AFR back to stoich. This means less throttle and less engine load is required to maintain speed. Less load means less likely to trigger a downshift. All these things increase the engine’s efficiency.

my last power part ill add is a y pipe of some sort. After that itll be a blower at somepoint.

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
If you really want to know nitty gritty detail, I suggest you download an app (I use Fuelly) and it'll tell you more than you want to know.

Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG {filename}

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
My mileage sucks and I am not a lead foot. Running 35s on 4.10 - 6MT. Lifetime (according to the trip computer) is just over 12. This photo is for this tank. In this picture I'm on flat ground (Minnesota!) in 6th gear - basically steady state driving.
Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG Dash temp -28F

Sponsored

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
My mileage sucks and I am not a lead foot. Running 35s on 4.10 - 6MT. Lifetime (according to the trip computer) is just over 12. This photo is for this tank. In this picture I'm on flat ground (Minnesota!) in 6th gear - basically steady state driving.
Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG {filename}

I’m running 35’s as well with an auto & 4.56. Shows the difference from auto to MT.

Even though I’m geared lower and going 3mph faster our rpms are roughly the same.

Our mpgs aren’t too far apart either.

Edit: hell, even out fuel gauges are almost the same, LOL

Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG C821CC5E-49C8-4EC6-9875-EB1F428DCE49

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I’m running 35’s as well with an auto & 4.56. Shows the difference from auto to MT.

Even though I’m geared lower and going 3mph faster our rpms are roughly the same.

Our mpgs aren’t too far apart either.

Edit: hell, even out fuel gauges are almost the same, LOL

Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG C821CC5E-49C8-4EC6-9875-EB1F428DCE49
So who are all those people claiming they get 27mpg? What the fork?

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
Gladiator 6 speed manual recommended shift points as per the owners manual:

Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG 9EB2A045-BCD9-4825-85D8-BC56C5E2C217_1_201_a
Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG CB814E93-58F7-46EA-A717-05AF75D63A4C_1_201_a

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not the power windows or creature comforts that add weight (at least in any significant amount), it’s the extra skid plates, lockers, sway bar disconnect, etc.
I have a large tub full of power window motors, power lock motors, wiring, switches, etc. from older Jeeps and Eagles. I bet if I took enough parts to add power windows and locks to a 4 door jeep it might get to 10 pounds, and that's with all steel parts including the old style all steel motors and brackets.

When I added power windows and locks to my 2 door SX4 I bet the total parts weight wasn't even 5 pounds.
In today's materials, you'd not add more than 6 pounds for power windows and locks in a JT.
The wiring for the JT would weigh a fraction of the large harnesses I used on the 80s vehicles.
Cut the regular beer, change to lite and you can make that much difference just in yourself.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not the power windows or creature comforts that add weight (at least in any significant amount), it’s the extra skid plates, lockers, sway bar disconnect, etc.
I can 100% tell you that power windows and locks add 8lbs of weight to each door or at least the front doors. That was the case on my JKU when compared to a JK that did not have power windows or locks. That's 32lbs of extra weight in just the doors. My JT doors are noticably lighter without the power windows and doors in comparison to my JKU

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can 100% tell you that power windows and locks add 18lbs of weight to each door or at least the front doors. That was the case on my JKU when compared to a JK that did not have power windows or locks. That's close to 80lbsnof extra weight in just the doors. My JT doors are noticably lighter
18 pounds? Holy crap! There's not that much difference in a 1980s Jeep door with power windows vs. manual.

The motors in these JT doors are a lot lighter and there's more plastic.
With this design the regulator is likely the same weight for both manual and power windows. Everything is in the motor and gear box (mostly plastic)
I'd say - no way there's 18 pounds here............

Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG 20201223_092757_HDR

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
18 pounds? Holy crap! There's not that much difference in a 1980s Jeep door with power windows vs. manual.

The motors in these JT doors are a lot lighter and there's more plastic.
With this design the regulator is likely the same weight for both manual and power windows. Everything is in the motor and gear box (mostly plastic)
I'd say - no way there's 18 pounds here............

Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG 20201223_092757_HDR
I agree 18lbs seems pretty high. I’m not saying power windows don’t add weight, all I’m saying is the beefier hardware underneath is more significant weight.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I agree 18lbs seems pretty high. I’m not saying power windows don’t add weight, all I’m saying is the beefier hardware underneath is more significant weight.
My point was also that power windows add minimal weight. These "luxury items" don't contribute much at all. I bet a bag of cat food is heavier than all of the parts needed to add power windows (and those now are down to 16 pounds from 20 a couple of years ago)
You likely carry more under or behind the back seat than these power windows parts weigh.

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
2020 Stock Mojave and I get 13-14 around town and 19- 20 on the freeway. I do live in the San Francisco Bay Hills so every trip is up or down about 1,200 ft and then 70-80 on the freeway (mostly flat) just to compete...haha
Sponsored