First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I currently have a JKS and am not thrilled with it. I am not sure how much is the lift and how much is the amount of weight I am carrying, but the shop knew the weight when they recommended the lift. I am probably going to Dobinson coils soon and Fox Elite 2.5s on the front (already have the Elites on the back) and possibly changing out a few parts.

IMG_1631.jpg
What solution are they providing to fit those elites to the front? That was what got me stuck about a year ago when I wanted to do flutter stack valved elites on my truck; there wasn't a way to have a bushing to get the front shocks to accept the different bolt size on the Mojave.
Sponsored

JeepJunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Rubicon, 2019 JLU, 2022 JT Mojave
Suspension with Kurt, tonight at 7pm EST. Pour your favorite beverage, and sign on.

We'll cover a couple basic considerations of lifting a Mojave, and what things I have found helpful vs not for building out vehicles for various purposes. If you're looking to be a serious rock crawler, I'm probably not your guy. If vehicle dynamics are, then you may find benefit.

K P is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Suspension with Kurt
Time: Jan 28, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/87051010236?pwd=eDM5UjE3REI0Y2RSNERXVHVVK3NWUT09

Meeting ID: 870 5101 0236
Passcode: KZA098
wow! that is awesome. I canā€™t make it but grateful for the opportunity for the rest of us on the forum.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
What solution are they providing to fit those elites to the front? That was what got me stuck about a year ago when I wanted to do flutter stack valved elites on my truck; there wasn't a way to have a bushing to get the front shocks to accept the different bolt size on the Mojave.

That is a fine question. The shop owner has them on his JTRD and we discussed putting them on the Mojave but he may not have realized it was different. When they lifted it they used the stock shocks with the JKS coils so no fitment issues.

I will have to discuss it with the shop I plan to switch to. Is there another aftermarket shock that will work with the Mojave front? I do not like having to go to a different shock brand. (I guess this could be covered tonight)

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Hereā€™s my 2Ā¢ after installing the AEV lift with Geo brackets.

the truck does NOT need 2ā€ of lift to comfortably fit 35s. Here is my truck flexed on 37s, before the lift went on. Unless youā€™re crawling, 35s all day on a Mojave. The 2ā€ is just icing on the cake.
3484EFCA-F8C0-4B5B-A1C1-9322A370A0CF.jpeg
6E6ADC02-955D-439B-AB46-7BFEE68179E7.jpeg

if you want to do the 2ā€ lift, AEV is your one-stop shop for everything you need, great kit that I installed myself. Here the kicker though: NOTHING about the AEV kit is really all that special. Except maybe the geo brackets. The kit without brackets is 4 things for the front and rear: A 2 inch coil spacer. A 2 inch shock extension. 2 inch bump stop pads. And 2 inch longer sway bar end links.

Every one of these things you can get from any other manufacturer. 2 inch coil spacers and 2 inch bump stops are not hard to come by, they are just hunks if plastic or rubber, depending on the manufacturer. They are not specific to the Mojave. Several companies also make sway bar end links that are threaded and adjustable by cutting to necessary length, or just a set extension length.

There is actually nothing too special about the shock extension either. The only difference between a shock extension for the Rubicon or any other trim, is that the lower bolt is thicker on the Mojave than the lower bolt on the other trims. So the bolt hole on the bracket, for a shock extension that works on any other trim, is just a little too narrow. This can easily be fixed by drilling it out to size and painting it rust proof. Epic Adventure Outfitters did this with their Mojave. Check out their YouTube channel. AEV shock extensions are specifically made for the Mojave so you donā€™t need to enlarge the hole, but itā€™s not hard to do.

All you really need to mimic the AEV lift are those 4 components for all 4 corners and you have the same thing that AEV packages up neatly. If you canā€™t wait for the back order and need your lift ASAP, a Frankenlift doing what I just described is a perfectly viable option, that doesn't mess with the suspension. Adding the Geo correction brackets would just tie it all together by dropping those CAs down 2 inches each, and essentially youā€™re back to factory suspension angles everywhere.
Thanks for the great info, this is all I really needed. I was nervous about putting anything together because I just didnā€™t know and Jeeps have a terrible reputation with any lift so I wanted to avoid that. I know 35ā€™s will fit without any lift which is what I may do first, not sure yet. I just want to make sure that if I do that and think it still needs a lift, I have a viable option to choose from. Just kinda doing my due diligence. Im looking at 37ā€™s now and Iā€™m not sure lol, it looks so good. AEV makes it easy but Iā€™m not against getting parts to put together. Wasnā€™t there another manufacturer here that made shock brackets? Theyā€™re gold?

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Suspension with Kurt, tonight at 7pm EST. Pour your favorite beverage, and sign on.

We'll cover a couple basic considerations of lifting a Mojave, and what things I have found helpful vs not for building out vehicles for various purposes. If you're looking to be a serious rock crawler, I'm probably not your guy. If vehicle dynamics are, then you may find benefit.

K P is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Suspension with Kurt
Time: Jan 28, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/87051010236?pwd=eDM5UjE3REI0Y2RSNERXVHVVK3NWUT09

Meeting ID: 870 5101 0236
Passcode: KZA098
Ill see what I can do! Iā€™m leaving for Hawaii at 7am so if Iā€™m free and not cleaning or packing Iā€™ll try to sign on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I currently have a JKS and am not thrilled with it. I am not sure how much is the lift and how much is the amount of weight I am carrying, but the shop knew the weight when they recommended the lift. I am probably going to Dobinson coils soon and Fox Elite 2.5s on the front (already have the Elites on the back) and possibly changing out a few parts.

IMG_1631.jpg
You changed out your suspension for a JKS?

LCF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Wasnā€™t there another manufacturer here that made shock brackets? Theyā€™re gold?
Metal cloak is gold

Fabtech is what every shop uses or tries to use if they are available.

Any reputable 4x4 shop that claims to do fab work can make a bracket.

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
These are some before and after pics. The first is stock with 35ā€™s the second is with the AEV lift installed.

Jeep Gladiator Lift questions for Mojave FFF4B40E-1062-4236-B6EA-42E60FFE62A7

Jeep Gladiator Lift questions for Mojave FFF4B40E-1062-4236-B6EA-42E60FFE62A7
This is awesome, thanks!!

Metal cloak is gold

Fabtech is what every shop uses or tries to use if they are available.

Any reputable 4x4 shop that claims to do fab work can make a bracket.
Thatā€™s what it was, metal cloak! Ahh yeah, you told me about fabtech already. How fast i forget with so much going on. If I was doing a full lift Iā€™d go to a shop, if itā€™s just spacers, Iā€™ll do it myself.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
We got anyone doing the zoom tonight or does it need to push?