New auxiliary switch bank

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
How the cell does a cb radio get integrated into a switch panel?

Based on the OP and the website being written in the same horrible English I’d say they are the same people. I’m out on this one
I'm just taking info directly from their page.

Screenshot_20210122-033831_Chrome.jpg
Oh shiiiit didnt see that. Super interesting then...I wonder if that can be rewired then.
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Oh shiiiit didnt see that. Super interesting then...I wonder if that can be rewired then.
I am the one who posed that question.

I find those red switches to be oddly presented. They permanently label the two that can be used for whatever you want (Air and Fuel tanks), and generically label the two that cannot be changed (A & B).

Tempted to get those, but I now think I'll wait until the product has matured a bit.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link

I find those red switches to be oddly presented. They permanently label the two that can be used for whatever you want (Air and Fuel tanks), and generically label the two that cannot be changed (A & B).

Tempted to get those, but I now think I'll wait until the product has matured a bit.
Yea, they are a pretty clean looking option to give you a couple more switches if you already have the Aux group. The function just isn't quite what I want, and with it plugging in to the CAN-Bus, I'm not sure I want to mess with it.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Super good question. You posted that after I looked on their site haha. I posted another question on their site about possibly rewiring it to not use the Can-bus if you dont want to. Seems to me, with my electrically illiterate mind, that you can just straight wire accessories to the fuse box and leave the Can-bus connector out of it.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Super good question. You posted that after I looked on their site haha. I posted another question on their site about possibly rewiring it to not use the Can-bus if you dont want to. Seems to me, with my electrically illiterate mind, that you can just straight wire accessories to the fuse box and leave the Can-bus connector out of it.
That would be great if possible. I have an Overland, maybe get lockers some day if they are offered aftermarket, but would probably prefer helical differentials instead.

So if the red switches can be used for whatever you want, they would supplement the factory Aux. switches, which I have already used up.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yea, they are a pretty clean looking option to give you a couple more switches if you already have the Aux group. The function just isn't quite what I want, and with it plugging in to the CAN-Bus, I'm not sure I want to mess with it.
Just what I was thinking.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be great if possible. I have an Overland, maybe get lockers some day if they are offered aftermarket, but would probably prefer helical differentials instead.

So if the red switches can be used for whatever you want, they would supplement the factory Aux. switches, which I have already used up.
Ill fuck around with it once I receive it and get my electrically inclined friend involved. I can almost guarantee it is possible, the question is will it be worth it.

I do wish we could change the labeling on the buttons though.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Ill fuck around with it once I receive it and get my electrically inclined friend involved. I can almost guarantee it is possible, the question is will it be worth it.

I do wish we could change the labeling on the buttons though.
The funny thing is I like the air and fuel tank labels because I'd like to run an auxiliary tank eventually, I just wish they were optional. Give me blank buttons and I'll label them myself.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The funny thing is I like the air and fuel tank labels because I'd like to run an auxiliary tank eventually, I just wish they were optional. Give me blank buttons and I'll label them myself.
That is what I would like to. With the Spods you can get whatever labled rockers that you want. Maybe they will offer that but who knows (i can only assume not unfortunately).

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Ive looked at a few different options for this, and while i really like the OEM look on these lasfit ones, Ive settled on the Rough Country lower dash mount kit. It comes with 6 six switches and the control box with relays, and its half the price.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rough-country/mlc-6-multiple-light-controller-wrangler-jl/lower-70964
I'm very happy with the RC kit. Have added and removed circuits as needed (lighted wreath for Christmas...). Just please don't laugh at my labeling, it was dark...

Jeep Gladiator New auxiliary switch bank 0122211207_HDR

Sponsored

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
I'm very happy with the RC kit. Have added and removed circuits as needed (lighted wreath for Christmas...). Just please don't laugh at my labeling, it was dark...

Jeep Gladiator New auxiliary switch bank 0122211207_HDR
Looks good! Aside from the goofy labels haha. I like the idea of having a few extra hot lines that are easy to tap into, like you said, xmas decorations or new add ons, etc. The rough country one looks like it feeds straight off the battery, so you can avoid canbus goofiness.

Any advice or tips on install for someone whos going to order it? thanks man.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
If the red Aux-A and Aux-B only work in 4Lo then I would think they are using the same red switch wiring from the Rubicon Locker switch, Up being Aux-A and Down being Aux-B. If that's true then using a Tazer would allow you to enable lockers in 4Hi and then in turn be able to use Aux-A and Aux-B in 4Hi or 4Lo? I mean it sucks you cant use it for 2Hi but its better than nothing I would think.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
If the red Aux-A and Aux-B only work in 4Lo then I would think they are using the same red switch wiring from the Rubicon Locker switch, Up being Aux-A and Down being Aux-B. If that's true then using a Tazer would allow you to enable lockers in 4Hi and then in turn be able to use Aux-A and Aux-B in 4Hi or 4Lo? I mean it sucks you cant use it for 2Hi but its better than nothing I would think.
I think I'll end up going a different route either way. The overhead molle panel with a switch setup up there should be fine for me.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Like someone else said, neat idea, needs to evolve a hair. I get the red side dedicating two to the lockers, but the 4 black and 2 red having very specific labels is a no go for me. I'm not pushing "side" to light my reverse lights or the aux fuel tank" button to turn on rock lights. Make it generic aux 1-4 black and aux a-d on red and I'm there. Let ME decide what I'm using these buttons for, I don't need user labels either. Make it universal.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Edit: posted this before I saw Erievon's. We say the same thing, basically.

It is confusing to me.

1. if A and B are dedicated to the lockers, why are they not labeled as such?

2. If you have factory lockers already, then you already have locker switched and don't need A and B.

3. Let's say you have a Rubicon that already has lockers and the switches to control them, and you want a couple more. In that scenario the red switches including locker switches does make sense. If that's the case, however, why assume that everyone will want the remaining two to be Air and Fuel tanks?
Sponsored