Sponsored

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
I'm going to be really pissed off if an inspection is indead needed and an service tech determines if anything is needed rather that the owner!!!!

Where has Jeep Cares been on this. Hello are you there?
With the current TSB, it is not required and they shouldn't. However, this can change in the future with an updated TSB.
Sponsored

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I've had JT in twice this summer for this same issue. My dealer has been great to work with. But just can't get it fixed. I would think this TSB will be a welcome fix for them to be able to do for me.

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm going to be really pissed off if an inspection is indead needed and an service tech determines if anything is needed rather that the owner!!!!

Where has Jeep Cares been on this. Hello are you there?
Yes, 100% Why would you want to be held hostage by the same mechanic that told you before that the handling was 'just a Jeep thing'.

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I just picked mine up from the dealer for excessive brake dust on only the front right. I thought I had a caliper hanging up but they said nothing was wrong.

I have always felt that my JT wandered a lot and needed a lot of steering input. But I chalked it up to it being my first Jeep and coming from small sport wagons. I will be printing this out and heading back to the dealer this week.

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I always love when someone gets a formal TSB because it blows the minds of the service department when you read them the repair lol.

As the TSB states, scanning the vehicle to make sure there are no issues with the current system is the first step. It never mentions inspecting the vehicle.

I have the the Fox steering stab, installed the Mopar 2" lift myself (which actually helped steering greatly), and have 37s with Fuel Beasts going on next week at the latest. I am curious how much shit they will give me with all those modifications. In stock form mine wandered like crazy.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
A new TSB has been issued for improved steering feel in the JT Gladiator. Please see attached.

TSB: tsb-08-074-20-pdf.356442.pdf
Ah ha!!!!! I've been telling people for two years that the software is the culprit!!

My JL Wrangler was HORRIBLE. It was like driving a bass boat on a lake in the wind. They totally reinstalled and updated the vehicle calibrations and INSTANTLY the issue went away and it drove like normal from that point on.

Problem is, people didn't realize the steering is controlled electronically and so they started blaming hard parts on the issue immediately without proper diagnosis.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping my vehicle gets fixed under warranty. Mine follows the curve of the road, even if it is slight. On the right lane of the highway, it veers right, ALOT. In the left lane, it veers left, but not as bad.
The JT with a 2" lift and 37s is a GREAT driver's training vehicle! Parking, surface roads, and highways are all a bit more challenging than in other vehicles ... long wheel base, minor wander, & minor bump-steer.

My 16yr old son did the 4hr drive home from vacation recently to get his final hours behind the wheel before getting his license. He did great, but announced on each new road ... "This one's leaning right." or "This one's leaning left." Haha ... given the nature of the JL/JT wander & bump-steer, he held a solid line in his lane. He will be able to handle any vehicle he drives!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares , how should people be approaching this issue?
I'll be following this. Mine definitely wanders a bit, and I still need to head in for the clutch recall anyway.

I'd love to see guidance from @JeepCares as far as how to proceed with this fix.
As the Customer Care Team, we are not mechanically trained and therefore we rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional support while you are in service. Once you have an appointment to have this addressed, please send us a private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Does anyone's steering wheel (good or bad steering) actually ever return to 0 on its own? Mine goes vaguely straight but never actually goes straight by itself, I always have to manually zero it.

GolfGladiator

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
I'm scheduled to have the Synergy brace installed next Wednesday. Now what?? I guess if it helps then I'll just leave it. If it doesn't then I'll consider the new steering box update.
Not sure if you care, but according to Jeep the Synergy brace voids your warranty if any of those components break while it is on there.

Sponsored

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Not sure if you care, but according to Jeep the Synergy brace voids your warranty if any of those components break while it is on there.
What you are stating seems to be contrary to the Magnuson Act.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
What you are stating seems to be contrary to the Magnuson Act.
Perhaps, but in this case I think you're going to run into the modified from OEM design. Magnuson-Moss allows you to install aftermarket equivalents, but gets gray when you talk about adding modified parts. Sure you can say they have to prove it caused the failure, but that may ultimately mean your day in arbitration or court. I'm certainly no lawyer with any Magnuson-Moss knowledge, so take my $.02 with a grain of salt.

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
The first thing I’ll say is “Hell Ya!”
I could not be more excited to get this announcement (came out on my B-Day I’m taking that as a sign lol!)

I called my local dealer, said I was told there was a fix for the loose steering on the JT and that I’d like to bring mine in for the parts replacement and software update, she said sure.
I could have brought it in on Monday but I’ll be out of town so 8/26 is the big day!!

So, please, those of you with a little more Jeep savvy- can someone tell me what “TSB” stands for so I don’t sound like an utter jacka@@?

@JeepCares from your previous post, you will help if we need escalation or have issues trying to get the service? Could you give us an interpretation of what the directive actually means? I’m not asking for the technical aspect I understand that’s not your area of expertise but asking IF the service replacement of parts and software update addressed in TSB will be provided on Owner request or Dealer Service Dept./tech recommendation/decision? Trying to avoid another “it’s a Jeep thing”

I love EVERYTHING about my JT except the steering, this would change my “Jeep Life”!

BTW thank you @Shootist I appreciate the heads up.
Love this forum!

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
Called my local dealership this morning to get the ball rolling on this fix! They told me that they couldn't order the parts till the 26th and they can only order one set of these parts every 14 days. Luckily I saw this post and I am the first one in line at my local dealer ship to have this performed! Fingers crossed that this resolves the issue :fingerscrossed:

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
So, please, those of you with a little more Jeep savvy- can someone tell me what “TSB” stands for so I don’t sound like an utter jacka@@?
A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin issued by the manufacturer to describe a common issue and the proposed fix and compensation that a dealer can expect. Often the customer has to find about the TSB and then, if their vehicle has symptoms that could be addressed by the proposed fix, bring it to the attention of the dealer. Some dealers are going to automatically check for TSBs when a vehicle is in the shop; others may be not as motivated. A TSB doesn't rise to the level of a recall, where an issue that could pose a health or safety risk (or liability to the manufacturer) must, or at least should, be done in a reasonable period of time. Owners get a notice in the mail regarding recalls, but I don't believe you do for TSBs.
Sponsored