Sponsored

Please teach me about jscan

JeepTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
No, you can't, because the hardware won't access it. I have a LICENSE and when I tried to access radio it says that it's not supported without the MX+ device.
So someone with the $100 hardware will have to see what the other device can't access.
I meant if you open the app and connect using Demo, instead of your adapter, you can at least browse what’s in each option:
Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan D8A913C1-AAD6-47F1-92B1-8286F0A1923C
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I checked in demo mode - Nothing in jscan under radio other than model and serial. As far as the blind spot sensors, it tells me "your truck does not have these modules installed" -IN DEMO MODE, so apparently even jscan has nothing for that as I DO have BSM in my real truck.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I checked in demo mode - Nothing in jscan under radio other than model and serial. As far as the blind spot sensors, it tells me "your truck does not have these modules installed" -IN DEMO MODE, so apparently even jscan has nothing for that as I DO have BSM in my real truck.
I found a ton of stuff listed under radio user settings in Demo, but most of it doesn’t actually apply. I was hooked up earlier adjusting TPMS, but didn’t think to look...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
talking about the modules. When you have the iCar device and choose MODULE radio, you get an error saying that the iCar device doesn't support it. If you choose MODULE BS left or right, you get an error that the iCar doesn't support that.
Not a big deal because I suspect it only tells what VERSION you have, the serial numbers, software revs and all that - but it's interesting that the iCar device can't see it.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jscandanavians,

I am wondering if it is possible to use Jscan with Superchips flashcal/ flashpaq?

I have the flashcal for LED lights and tire size change but may need to use Jscan to add keyless proximity entry.

I don’t think abandoningSuperChips is an option as I want to upgrade to flashpaq so I can run OTS performance maps for different fuel octane levels.

thanks for any direction with this!
Just curious why you want to run different octane levels. I can 100% tell you that on my JKU and on my buddies JLU the octane settings on the flashpaq make zero gains, they are pretty much useless. I saw no gains in fuel economy or power output running 87,91 or 93 octane tunes, my buddy has told me the same thing on his JLU. That said the best tune on my JKU was the 87 tune, I actually got less MPGs running the higher octane tunes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I was looking at the demo and noticed it has ESS settings. Has only had any luck with deactivating ESS?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
I believe they are running Beta testing on that now.
Gregj

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Just curious why you want to run different octane levels. I can 100% tell you that on my JKU and on my buddies JLU the octane settings on the flashpaq make zero gains, they are pretty much useless. I saw no gains in fuel economy or power output running 87,91 or 93 octane tunes, my buddy has told me the same thing on his JLU. That said the best tune on my JKU was the 87 tune, I actually got less MPGs running the higher octane tunes.
good to know, thanks! Will stick to 87 tune

Jpeazy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 4x4 w/ Max Tow
Occupation
USN
Do you reset setting back to factory before taking into dealership for say an oil change and tire rotation?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Do you reset setting back to factory before taking into dealership for say an oil change and tire rotation?
Don't see why you would, JScan leaves no foot print. I've been in for 2 and have had no issues. JScan isn't a timer, which does leave a foot print.

Sponsored

Jpeazy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 4x4 w/ Max Tow
Occupation
USN
Don't see why you would, JScan leaves no foot print. I've been in for 2 and have had no issues. JScan isn't a timer, which does leave a foot print.
Okay, thanks...figured since I changed the tire size, there would be something there to see...

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Anyone know how to get turn off the Nav keyboard lock out when driving. It’s a pain when my passenger is trying to type in the Nav and I have to pull over to use it.

Jhall1981

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Assembly Technician
Has anyone added the Aux switch bank using the JScan?? Finally have everything delivered for the add on and was wondering about the steps to update the ECU to have access thru the radio

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
I commend y’all for being able to get the plugs out.

sooo happy you don’t buy the vin before you actually get it hooked up.

either I’m too timid about pulling wires out or I just can’t get them to come out.

probably sending back.
Sponsored