Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Business Consultant
What's the price difference between Jscan and Tazer mini? I need to order one.
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Couple hundred bucks.
You can get into the JScan for under $100, if you go with one of the lesser-expensive OBD-II readers.

Kevin

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet Silver Gladiator Rubicon
Depends on what you need to do. Had an old elk ODBII Bluetooth adapter that i used with my precious truck and cars that i got on ebay for $6 a while back, got the $24 cable from Amazon and $23 for the unlock license for 1 VIN and was able to recalibrate the tire size along with a couple other things (fog lights not dropping off with high beams, seat belt warning and tpms threshold --- latter 2 i believe can be programmed without a third party tool).

Paid itself with just being able to adjust the tire size and not have to get charged by the shop to get that done.

Love the Light Show Feature and some other cool stuff the Tazer had but not worth the $ imo.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Depends on what you need to do. Had an old elk ODBII Bluetooth adapter that i used with my precious truck and cars that i got on ebay for $6 a while back, got the $24 cable from Amazon and $23 for the unlock license for 1 VIN and was able to recalibrate the tire size along with a couple other things (fog lights not dropping off with high beams, seat belt warning and tpms threshold --- latter 2 i believe can be programmed without a third party tool).

Paid itself with just being able to adjust the tire size and not have to get charged by the shop to get that done.

Love the Light Show Feature and some other cool stuff the Tazer had but not worth the $ imo.
I too recycled an old ODB II reader without a problem. Using this cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32997560083.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dxDMnz0

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Couple hundred bucks.
You can get into the JScan for under $100, if you go with one of the lesser-expensive OBD-II readers.

Kevin
BUT - the less expensive adapters/readers, such as the $25 range, can't access certain areas because of lack of processing speed. I ended up ordering the more expensive MX+
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6

The cheaper one just didn't cut it for me (so I supposed I should sell it one of these days and not let it just sit)
Good thing I didn't tell my wife I tried to save a few bucks and then ended up buying a better one later - I'd never hear the end of it. "why didn't you just get the better one first, you know how it always turns out".

Here's my setup - and little I can't do (except a few things tazer does because it has to REMAIN in your truck to operate live)

Jeep Gladiator Please teach me about jscan 20210110_113706

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BUT - the less expensive adapters/readers, such as the $25 range, can't access certain areas because of lack of processing speed. I ended up ordering the more expensive MX+
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6
The less-expensive adapters will allow changes for tire size, TPMS, LED lighting. It’s higher-level functions that need the OBDLink MX+.
I ended up getting one later, as well. What they don’t tell you is the MX+ adapter includes the OBDLink app, with all the features unlocked. Things like a fully-customizable, “Dashboard,” (on your phone or tablet,) and access to the thousands of PIDs.
I think it’s worth the money, but I’m a geek that likes to poke around in that stuff. Most owners will find the $25 adapter sufficient.
Kevin

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
The less-expensive adapters will allow changes for tire size, TPMS, LED lighting. It’s higher-level functions that need the OBDLink MX+.
I ended up getting one later, as well. What they don’t tell you is the MX+ adapter includes the OBDLink app, with all the features unlocked. Things like a fully-customizable, “Dashboard,” (on your phone or tablet,) and access to the thousands of PIDs.
I think it’s worth the money, but I’m a geek that likes to poke around in that stuff. Most owners will find the $25 adapter sufficient.
Kevin
I know this is an old thread, but what does that mean, i dont need a licence, or the MX+ does what the JSCAN app does? Im going to start buying this while waiting on my Willys to come in and want to make sure i got it right

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this is an old thread, but what does that mean, i dont need a licence, or the MX+ does what the JSCAN app does? Im going to start buying this while waiting on my Willys to come in and want to make sure i got it right
Crap, I don’t remember. Maybe someone else can chime in.
I know you’ll need the JScan app along with the MX+, but I don’t remember about licensing, as I’d already purchased a license.

Kevin

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You will need to purchase the VIN license for your Gladiator from JSCAN along with the MX+. It should be between 20 and 25 dollars.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
You can download the app and play around with the Demo version and see all the features. There are way to many things to list. Some of the common things are changing for tire size and shift points, setting for led lights. Setting the DRL to other places other than your fender lights, I got mine set to Turn signals. Adding a backup camera, aux switches, setting the TPMS to other settings or turning it off. Turn off the seatbelt dinging. Programming to have your Foglights stay on with your high beams. Just to name a few things. Tons of other things I didn't mention. I suggest checking out the Demo.
Change shift points? How do you do that in JSCAN?

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Change shift points? How do you do that in JSCAN?
When you set the tire size, it corrects your shift points. If the tire size isn't set correctly your vehicle will hang in gears. That's what I meant by changing tire size and shift points

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
After changing the tire size, how do you have the trans relearn on the auto? I have seen it mentioned here but cant find any info on how to do that step.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
After changing the tire size, how do you have the trans relearn on the auto? I have seen it mentioned here but cant find any info on how to do that step.
Driving habits. You got to drive it and it will learn your how you drive.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, thanks. So no type of reset or restart to learn as if it was brand new? Just drive it and it will adjust itself over time?
Ok, thanks. So no type of reset or restart to learn as if it was brand new? Just drive it and it will adjust itself over time?
jeeperjamie is correct. It will learn. Same thing when you regear and reprogram your PCM.
Sponsored