Sponsored

ProCharger Superchargers for Gladiators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Their website has the pricing listed. IMHO I think this is priced too high at $6600. It beats having to do an engine swap for basically the same gains, but I am also skeptical of the 40-45% gain figures until I see live dyno.

TJTgxn1.png

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
i'd like to know how much the torque is increase by & at what rpm it is usable

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Have you guys done extensive testing with the supercharger while towing?
In a word? No. Aftermarket outfits only just got their JTs last month or so, same as everyone else. Noone outside FCA has had time to do any extensive testing.
In specific, the cooling system was tweaked to meet 2807 specs. If you had 50% HP, you add 50% cooling demands. You’ll need to actively watch your temps. Run premium to prevent pinging- even on a “87” tune.

Sponsored

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
Only on the engine and drivetrain...
Well..... no. It can void everything it touches. Engine, Transmission, Differentials, Axles, Fueling, Engine Management, etc. A case can even be made for the electronics being affected as the ECU will be tampered with. It really depends on how the tech and service manager feel.

If your warranty is important to you, I would meet with your local Jeep service manager and discuss how he would handle your warranty claims. If you don't like his answer try the next closest.

(worked in the auto industry all my life, technician, service advisor, service manager, sales manager, and on)

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Show me the dyno.

I have run add on SC's before, put one on my TJ. Ran 6 lbs of boost and had some marginal seat of the pants at the bottom end, but there it helped in rock crawling was when I needed some extra go pedal on some of the stuff you find in Moab and other places where vertical challenges are combined with low and slow.

Where it REALLY helped was spinning that 37 KM2's and their Walker Evans bead locks down the highway at 70 mph...if you are thinking 37's you better be thinking more power!!!

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
+1 for adding a SC to the penstar but for 7gs or more id rather swap in a 5.7! Eventually there will be companies selling swap kits if there isnt already.

Razinhell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9, RAV4 and future JT
Well..... no. It can void everything it touches. Engine, Transmission, Differentials, Axles, Fueling, Engine Management, etc. A case can even be made for the electronics being affected as the ECU will be tampered with. It really depends on how the tech and service manager feel.

If your warranty is important to you, I would meet with your local Jeep service manager and discuss how he would handle your warranty claims. If you don't like his answer try the next closest.

(worked in the auto industry all my life, technician, service advisor, service manager, sales manager, and on)
This is misleading and incorrect. You cannot void a warranty at all in the US as per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act. Period. The basic premise is that a manufacture has the right to refuse service under a warranty due to modifications causes by the customer. They have to have proof that the customer caused the issue. Adding a supercharger would easily allow the manufacture and dealership to refuse warranty work, if your transmission exploded, because they can prove that your power adding modification caused the damage and it is not a defect of the transmission. The reason why i stress this is because there are other parts of the drivetrain not affected by a power adder and thus still covered by the warranty. It will be a much harder fight for you to get warranty coverage on the powertrain if the dealership has already noted that the customer added a supercharger and it is tied to your vin. The main reason this warranty act exists is the reason why you can use what ever oil you wish to use in the car (as long as it meets SAE standards) and it is the basis for most of the aftermarket world. Now on the flip side some dealerships offer to install power adders and say that the warranty will cover your install as long as it is done at the dealership, but i suspect since these installs are not manufacturer upgrades (like the Ford 2.3 ecoboost) the dealer will need to cover for the warranty or lie to the manufacturer to get warranty coverage.

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
This is misleading and incorrect. You cannot void a warranty at all in the US as per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act. Period.
This really only applies if you are willing to take a dealer or manufacturer to court for not covering a repair as warranty. Dealers refuse warranty repair work all the time because of aftermarket accessory influence. But yeah you are right, you will win the court case if you want to take it that far...

While I have no experience working with jeep, Honda and VW love to decline warranty work on all sorts of grounds. VW for example will refuse to pay for warranty work if you have as little as a tune.

Sponsored

lux

First Name
Lux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Okay, I can’t expect “extensive” testing. How about any testing and engineering specially in regards to towing and cooling? How is this setup different than the one in a JL?

My fear is that this kit was primarily engineered for JK/JL and doesn’t take into account the special cooling requirements of the JT.

In a word? No. Aftermarket outfits only just got their JTs last month or so, same as everyone else. Noone outside FCA has had time to do any extensive testing.
In specific, the cooling system was tweaked to meet 2807 specs. If you had 50% HP, you add 50% cooling demands. You’ll need to actively watch your temps. Run premium to prevent pinging- even on a “87” tune.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
+1 for adding a SC to the penstar but for 7gs or more id rather swap in a 5.7! Eventually there will be companies selling swap kits if there isnt already.
A Engine Swap for the JK costs around $20K when all is said and done. So $6K retail (probably cheaper after a discount) is considerably less.

This is misleading and incorrect. You cannot void a warranty at all in the US as per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act. Period. The basic premise is that a manufacture has the right to refuse service under a warranty due to modifications causes by the customer. They have to have proof that the customer caused the issue. Adding a supercharger would easily allow the manufacture and dealership to refuse warranty work, if your transmission exploded, because they can prove that your power adding modification caused the damage and it is not a defect of the transmission. The reason why i stress this is because there are other parts of the drivetrain not affected by a power adder and thus still covered by the warranty. It will be a much harder fight for you to get warranty coverage on the powertrain if the dealership has already noted that the customer added a supercharger and it is tied to your vin. The main reason this warranty act exists is the reason why you can use what ever oil you wish to use in the car (as long as it meets SAE standards) and it is the basis for most of the aftermarket world. Now on the flip side some dealerships offer to install power adders and say that the warranty will cover your install as long as it is done at the dealership, but i suspect since these installs are not manufacturer upgrades (like the Ford 2.3 ecoboost) the dealer will need to cover for the warranty or lie to the manufacturer to get warranty coverage.
You are correct but your basically guilty until proven innocent when it comes to warranty claims. You will have to prove in court that the mods did not cause problems and doing is is tough to impossible in most cases.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

This will come down to who can afford the better lawyer and pay the most professional witnesses and experts.

I'm not going to pretend to know what your assets are, but I have been on the side of "mega Corp" being sued, and I promise you the assets they will pour into legal is impressive

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Anyone noticed that other than the Procharger there's basically no other SC or Turbo kits for sale for the JL/JT? I'm wondering if they're having trouble with the higher compression on these engines compared to the JK 3.6. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but have always heard higher compression engines couldn't handle the extra boost.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.