First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Owner
Bought my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 2/20/2020. Have had the whole radio replaced due to non functioning radio a week after purchase. The came the Auto Start/Stop System issues. I have had serviced a few times and they have replaced the batteries, etc. Then again last week the issue reoccured with the Servicthe Auto Start/Stop system and the Jeep service center at the local dealership is going to create a "STAR Case". Something about the engine not reaching the right temperature which may be causing the Auto Start/Stop system to be disabled but they arent sure. They dont want to keep replacing the batteries and send me off. In a rental but really just want my Jeep back and working.
There is another Thread of about 30 people with the same problem, It is called
Survey- For those with misfire issues
It typically starts out with the start stop and progresses to a full blown misfire.

Gladiator Rube

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Owner
Mine has been on since I purchased my JT (going on two weeks). Dealer messed around with the battery couldn't really see what he was doing and it was still on. I told him I never planned on leaving it on anyway, asked if it would mess anything up and he stated it wouldn't. Should I be concerned or just let it be?
It typically starts out with the start stop and progresses to a full blown misfire.

Gladiator Rube

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Owner
Same problem for me, 1 day old gladiator D=

Gladiator Rube

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm having the same issue. I will just wait until I take the Gladiator in for the first oil change. I have two recalls that need attention as well.

Sponsored

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
I am pretty sure the start/stop gets disabled if engine trips any other code. I am in the midst of tuning my supercharger and I usually get this right before a cel for ”running too rich”. I have even received this service disabled message in absence of a CEL and when I ran a check for problem codes I discovered I had “running too rich error” .... so my point is if u get this message and have a reader then connect it and see if any problem codes have been tripped . I wouldn’t wait for a CEL in all cases . Also please note my auto start/stop feature is programmed to be off and it can still trip this A@! message .. I think any lean , too rich , or misfire will lead to this service being disabled and then potentially a CEL. (and it doesnt matter if u manually disable ESS)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Disabling ESS doesn't turn the system off, it only prevents the start/stop function from activating. The ESS system, along with all its monitoring and error checking, continues to run.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is doing this for a second time. I took it in before and they replaced both batteries. A couple thousand miles later, it is showing the Service ESS again. Work is busy so I haven’t had time to take it back to the dealer AGAIN. I was away for about 8 days a couple of weeks ago. The starting battery was dead. This also happened the first time ESS failed.
I don’t have any accessories tied to battery, so either there is a parasitic draw in the truck or I got more bad batteries the last time. Truth be told, I don’t fully trust the dealership and I may still be running my old batteries:) I will validate any replacements this time.

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
It also possible it’s not the battery at all ;). I think I would check battery with voltmeter and hook up a reader to see it there are any associated codes any time I got this message .

stang37

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Landover, 2004 Mustang Cobra, 2013 SHO Taurus. 2016 Newmar Ventana motorhome
Occupation
Retired
If you do a battery voltage check you'll probably find the batteries at at about 11.8 volts or less instead of 12+ volts. Weak batteries and no amount of driving will help.

Sponsored

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Same issue with mine since day 1. Anyone find out what the issue was? Hopefully it’s just dead secondary battery

iaflier

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Same issue with mine since day 1. Anyone find out what the issue was? Hopefully it’s just dead secondary battery
I'm having the same issue with mine as well! Comes on after 5-10 miles and resets when ignition is turned off for another 5-10 miles. Goes to the dealer on Thursday.
Jeep Gladiator Service Stop/Start System IMG_2541

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My warning light seems to come on when I hit about 30 mile per hour.

My back up camera stops working then also.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty sure the start/stop gets disabled if engine trips any other code. I am in the midst of tuning my supercharger and I usually get this right before a cel for ”running too rich”. I have even received this service disabled message in absence of a CEL and when I ran a check for problem codes I discovered I had “running too rich error” .... so my point is if u get this message and have a reader then connect it and see if any problem codes have been tripped . I wouldn’t wait for a CEL in all cases . Also please note my auto start/stop feature is programmed to be off and it can still trip this A@! message .. I think any lean , too rich , or misfire will lead to this service being disabled and then potentially a CEL. (and it doesnt matter if u manually disable ESS)
I guess this makes sense... the last thing you want to do is "stall" the engine on purpose if it is sensing other engine related "issues". Good to know it will still trip the A@! light.
Sponsored