Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
In the quest to no longer have a farm jack rolling around in the bed figured out I needed to hold handle to base so it is not flopping. Couldn’t find a free bungie so I bought a cheap hunk of rubber meant to hold it together.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_5599

Also I got the rest of hardware needed and tightened it all down on the v1 accessory panel I put together yesterday. It is rock solid tank won’t be going anywhere even bouncing around off road.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_5600

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 70663113464__2152195A-CB2D-4EB7-BDFB-320A73DFECEE

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
This is my tentative thought for what to remove.

IMG_5716.jpeg
You coulda saved yourself a lot of work by donating that bumper to me while you were here 🤣

Can’t you add some spacers to bump it out?

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
This is my tentative thought for what to remove.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 70663113464__2152195A-CB2D-4EB7-BDFB-320A73DFECEE
Take this in jest…

Sell the bumper, chop the frame, put in a tomahawk 😂

Solve all the issue off road in one fell swoop 😜

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Take this in jest…

Sell the bumper, chop the frame, put in a tomahawk 😂

Solve all the issue off road in one fell swoop 😜
Phase one complete.

IMG_5725.jpeg

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
On my third, and hopefully last, set of side steps. Installed a set of LOD Destroyer sliders last night. Makes it very comfortable to step into the truck, especially for smaller members of my family. I really like that the steps follow the curvature of the body, leaving a relatively even gap. Also, the flat parts are wide enough to step on to clean the windshield and roof. Some of the hardware (steps to mounting brackets) are hard to access. Otherwise, fit and finish is really nice.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230525_075433

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230525_075419

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230525_073857

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230525_073844

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
After spending way too much time deciding on monitors, finding mounting locations and brackets that fit said monitors, testing a variety of cameras (some that didn’t even work), and realizing the best place for the cameras is in the mirrors (resulting in taking a leap of faith to separate the caps and drill through and hope it’s a good location)…I finally got the passenger mirror reinstalled and tested the image (driver side not done, that will be a pain to run the wires to the passenger side - since it’s going to my aux switch wire leads). Maybe it was all the work, but I think it will pay off.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230525_073844

To bad you can't do what Honda did, when you activate the turn signal, the stereo display flips to that sides blind spot camera.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
To bad you can't do what Honda did, when you activate the turn signal, the stereo display flips to that sides blind spot camera.
I thought about it, but I tried factoring what my absolute requirements are and everyday use of these will be:

Requirement:
* Must be able to manually control power of the screens so as to ensure they are on or off when I want them to be, e.g. off at night if I don't need them and they are too bright, but on if I choose so and not based on a trigger wire that doesn't make sense

Everyday Use:
* I'm likely never only going to have one screen on and not the other, so both screens can be powered by one switch instead of using one for each
* I'd rather not be limited to only displaying rear view based on a trigger like turn signal or reverse, since that means I can't choose to switch to it if I need to
* Front view is less useful/more distracting when driving at speed, so better to default to rear and be able to override to front

For those reasons, I decided to use one switch to turn them on and default to rear view, and the other switch to toggle to front view.

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
On my third, and hopefully last, set of side steps. Installed a set of LOD Destroyer sliders last night. Makes it very comfortable to step into the truck, especially for smaller members of my family. I really like that the steps follow the curvature of the body, leaving a relatively even gap. Also, the flat parts are wide enough to step on to clean the windshield and roof. Some of the hardware (steps to mounting brackets) are hard to access. Otherwise, fit and finish is really nice.

They look great!! what happened to the previous ones? Did you decide to switch them out or did you have issues with them?

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
They look great!! what happened to the previous ones? Did you decide to switch them out or did you have issues with them?
Thanks. I had the Overland steps, which were really practical. They were light and wide (helped keep doors clean and provided a comfortable step). I wanted something more rugged, so I put on the Mopar Performance Rock Rails. Those are really nice, but it was somewhat too high to step onto when entering the truck, especially after I installed the Mopar lift kit. Then, I saw another member post LOD Destroyer sliders. Those are perfect. Built really well and had most of the good attributes of the previous two steps/sliders.