Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any thoughts on installing the synergy trackbar brace? this is on my never ending list.
I'm sure I will eventually...It's on my short-list. I wanted to do the Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer. And then the Evo Mfg. adjustable track-bar first to see how much that helps (heard the stocker is hollow aluminum, and has lots of flex). Piecemealing the steering 1 by 1 and finding out what has the most significant affects. :like: But, I want to get all the suspension situated first. I'm hoping FCA will come up with a recall that does fix the steering issues (like the synergy brace does), but I don't think we can be that lucky.
Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I'm sure I will eventually...It's on my short-list. I wanted to do the Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer. And then the Evo Mfg. adjustable track-bar first to see how much that helps (heard the stocker is hollow aluminum, and has lots of flex). Piecemealing the steering 1 by 1 and finding out what has the most significant affects. :like: But, I want to get all the suspension situated first. I'm hoping FCA will come up with a recall that does fix the steering issues (like the synergy brace does), but I don't think we can be that lucky.
Gotcha. I haven't addressed this issue yet but a couple of months ago I drove from NY to Fla. doing 80mph on I95 with crosswinds was interesting to say the least. This is my main disappointment with the truck.

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Took a day trip to the Carolina coast to enjoy the weather, pick up some shrimp for a shrimp boil on Monday and see the beach. All in all it was a great day. The only real downers were that we couldn't get out and drive on the beach at Fort Fisher (well, we could have, but we would have had to buy an annual pass) and the Mopar Sun Bonnet. It's a 3.5 hour trip each way for us and this was our first time using the Carolina Metal Masters mirrors and Mopar Sun Bonnet.

The CMM mirrors are great. They are a pricey piece, but perform better than any other auxiliary mirror I've ever used. I've heard people don't like the fish eye view, but they remind me of motorcycle mirrors, only they are rock solid and don't vibrate one bit, not even at 75 mph.

I'm disappointed in the Mopar Sun Bonnet. I was initially pleased with the quality. The design seemed ok, except right away I wondered why Jeep was relying on the same damn snaps we fought with in the 70s. I had 2 fitment issues. First, the front straps that secure the very front of the top to the roll bar were not long enough. I even tried to pull them with pliers and I could not get them to stretch to the position defined in the instructions. I ended up rigging them with small bungee cords to the CMM mirrors. That I could have lived with, but the two top rear snaps that helped hold tension over the entire top popped off the first time I snapped them. They never would stay in place. I ended up snapping them and holding them in place with duct tape, but they both eventually came lose causing the back of the top to flop around wildly at anything over 45 mph. I don't know why Jeep didn't use straps on the back, like past bikini tops, but I ended up using some para cord to tie the back down for piece of mind.

All in all it was a great day. I just am really hoping Bestop gets in the bikini top game for the Gladiator. I really want them to come up with a trek top, that would be the perfect solution for me.
i-7HLFfm5-L.jpg

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW

Sponsored

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look at this member's video on installing the mesh top. Should solve at least two of your issues

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...tall-by-coverking-get-ready-for-summer.31062/
LOL, so his solution to the straps that they don't make long enough is to just leave them to flap in the wind. :LOL: I didn't have any issue with the center strap he also leaves loose. It was tight, but I got it hooked. I may try bending the snaps as he suggests, but seriously he calls out that flaw in the video, like it's something to expect. I wouldn't complain as much if it wasn't an issue the first time I put the top on.

Bottom line it's not a well designed option. You can make it work, but people shouldn't expect it to work well. And I'll still contend a better solution for those back straps would be to run a nylon strap all the way to the body lip, like other bikini tops have done for years.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Took a day trip to the Carolina coast to enjoy the weather, pick up some shrimp for a shrimp boil on Monday and see the beach. All in all it was a great day. The only real downers were that we couldn't get out and drive on the beach at Fort Fisher (well, we could have, but we would have had to buy an annual pass) and the Mopar Sun Bonnet. It's a 3.5 hour trip each way for us and this was our first time using the Carolina Metal Masters mirrors and Mopar Sun Bonnet.

The CMM mirrors are great. They are a pricey piece, but perform better than any other auxiliary mirror I've ever used. I've heard people don't like the fish eye view, but they remind me of motorcycle mirrors, only they are rock solid and don't vibrate one bit, not even at 75 mph.

I'm disappointed in the Mopar Sun Bonnet. I was initially pleased with the quality. The design seemed ok, except right away I wondered why Jeep was relying on the same damn snaps we fought with in the 70s. I had 2 fitment issues. First, the front straps that secure the very front of the top to the roll bar were not long enough. I even tried to pull them with pliers and I could not get them to stretch to the position defined in the instructions. I ended up rigging them with small bungee cords to the CMM mirrors. That I could have lived with, but the two top rear snaps that helped hold tension over the entire top popped off the first time I snapped them. They never would stay in place. I ended up snapping them and holding them in place with duct tape, but they both eventually came lose causing the back of the top to flop around wildly at anything over 45 mph. I don't know why Jeep didn't use straps on the back, like past bikini tops, but I ended up using some para cord to tie the back down for piece of mind.

All in all it was a great day. I just am really hoping Bestop gets in the bikini top game for the Gladiator. I really want them to come up with a trek top, that would be the perfect solution for me.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? i-7HLFfm5-L
I just ordered the JTopsUSA sun shade. Hoping it fits the bill for preserving the leather and my skin lol.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Any thoughts on installing the synergy trackbar brace? this is on my never ending list.
Brace seems to work. I didn’t have a problem but this makes steering better.

Sponsored

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the JTopsUSA sun shade. Hoping it fits the bill for preserving the leather and my skin lol.
I think the see through ones like that are probably going to be fine. Probably why the other guy someone mentioned was fine with his half attached.