Sponsored

Which winch hook/connector do you like best?

MAG00

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Threads
40
Messages
110
Reaction score
34
Location
NE Texas
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator '22 Willys; Jeep Wrangler '13 JKU
Occupation
Const. Project Manager
Which winch hook (non-standard type) do you like best and why? The Factor 55 ProLink, Factor 55 Flatlink, Warn Epic Sidewinder, Factor55 ProHook, or another option?
Sponsored

 

BennieD

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bennie
Joined
Jul 1, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
203
Reaction score
296
Location
Greenville
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon X
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Factor 55 Ultrahook. Looks great, works great and helps you spend that extra money you have!!
Jeep Gladiator Which winch hook/connector do you like best? IMG_2811
 

Sponsored

Blade1668

Well-Known Member
First Name
Darrell
Joined
Jan 7, 2020
Threads
12
Messages
3,310
Reaction score
3,215
Location
N. AL.
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
1
A simple loop is one of my choices, HF on another, and factory supplied hook on several. Hammer-Lock chain link was what I used first about 25 years ago. For most it's a nose ring for the vehicle. :like:
 

D_JT

Well-Known Member
First Name
Travis
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
470
Reaction score
899
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Rubi diesel, 19 JL Rubi, 00 TJ, 48 CJ2A
Factor 55 Flatlink-e. I have one on my TJ and JT.
 

Jaxmax

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Jun 28, 2020
Threads
54
Messages
2,886
Reaction score
4,699
Location
Bally, Pa.
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I use a Factor 55 flat link small basic one and most importantly have the line protector on to keep UV off the winch line and even taped electrical tape around the thimble where line might see sun. There are a lot of similar ones out there now, mine requires a shackle to work which I prefer anyway, some newer versions “Pro” versions with hook and larger opening eliminate a second shackle when hooking to something like a tow hitch attachment. For me the extra little bit of shackle work , and the smaller piece on front works for me……Jack
 

Jessup

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
57
Reaction score
41
Location
NH
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Rubicon Mopar 24
I just installed a winch and it comes with a hook. Why would I replace that hook? Other than having a fancy good looking one that sits sideways?
Jeep Gladiator Which winch hook/connector do you like best? 20260920_125353
 

Sponsored

ChrisNLA

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 7, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
3,230
Reaction score
6,084
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link

Bandit’s Lair

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jul 9, 2025
Threads
48
Messages
4,405
Reaction score
7,504
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I had a Prolink that was given to me on my JK and loved it.

Smittybilt has their own knockoff I'll probably get for the JT at some point. It's at a better price point for me.

Smittybilt A.W.S. – Aluminum Winch Shackle - SB2820
https://a.co/d/0d0tQPef
It is a cost savings, I just have no confidence in SmittyBilt products from past experience. I got my grubby hands on one of the ProLinks the other day to get a good close hands on look at it and I liked it. I guess the hook types would work too but the Prolink just seems to be simpler. I prefer simple.
 

Jrgunn5150

Well-Known Member
First Name
J.R.
Joined
May 15, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
1,685
Reaction score
3,635
Location
Ionia Mi
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
I just installed a winch and it comes with a hook. Why would I replace that hook? Other than having a fancy good looking one that sits sideways?
No one is trying to make you, enjoy your new winch.
 

ChrisNLA

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 7, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
3,230
Reaction score
6,084
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
It is a cost savings, I just have no confidence in SmittyBilt products from past experience. I got my grubby hands on one of the ProLinks the other day to get a good close hands on look at it and I liked it. I guess the hook types would work too but the Prolink just seems to be simpler. I prefer simple.
I don't personally think ProLink has another $100 worth of engineering into a block of 6061 aluminum with a steel pin through it, more the extra $100 is paying for it to be machined in the US (nothing wrong with that - let me be clear). My memory is fading but I thought I had my hands on the Smittybilt AWS at 4 Wheel Parts once and it was identical as far as I was concerned.

But, nothing I've had from them has failed yet, so I'll trust it.

Price points and products for everyone :)
Sponsored

 
 







Top