Sponsored

Why not buy a full size truck for the same price?

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I think Gladiators are the swiss army knife of everything between a Subaru Outback station wagon to a 1 ton dually. Gladiators can do a little bit of everything and do a lot of it better than most. At least for my needs.
I think "Swiss Army Knife of trucks" is a decent analogy, and the size is perfect for what I wanted. I'll add that Gladiators look a lot better doing those things that they do better than most.

Now if Jeep comes up with a full-size convertible truck with a body that gives a knod to the original Gladiators, then oh my goodness.
Sponsored

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Full size doesnt fit the garage. Nor is there a topless full size pickup.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I think "Swiss Army Knife of trucks" is a decent analogy, and the size is perfect for what I wanted. I'll add that Gladiators look a lot better doing those things that they do better than most.

Now if Jeep comes up with a full-size convertible truck with a body that gives a knod to the original Gladiators, then oh my goodness.
What about something like this - use the Ram Powerwagon frame, drivetrain (possibly with a diesel), and other hardware but make the body look like this - I know its not a nod to Gladiators but would certainly be within the relm of a big brother to the gladiator:
Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a full size truck for the same price? 1617316169067

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Full size truck. What's that?!

Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a full size truck for the same price? 2021-03-11 F350 BDS lift with Gladiator - 14

2021 Ford F350 Super Duty with BDS 2.5" radius arm lift running 37x12.50/R20 (Nitto Ridge Grapplers) on Fuel Cover graphite gray wheels

Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a full size truck for the same price? 2021-03-11 F350 BDS lift with Gladiator - 1

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
Full size truck. What's that?!

Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a full size truck for the same price? 2021-03-11 F350 BDS lift with Gladiator - 1

2021 Ford F350 Super Duty with BDS 2.5" radius arm lift running 37x12.50/R20 (Nitto Ridge Grapplers) on Fuel Cover graphite gray wheels

Yes f250/ f350 with tremor package is worthy consideration over gladiator

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Yes f250/ f350 with tremor package is worthy consideration over gladiator

No Tremor package. You can do way better for way less in the aftermarket.

I got 37" tires with the wheels I wanted and a suspension lift for less than the Tremor package

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I had a loaded up F150 FX4. Beautiful truck - heated and cooled leather seats, big info-tainment screen and about every other option on it, cruised on the highway very nicely, and towed my pop-up like it wasn't there at all.

And I hated driving it. It was more truck than I needed, for one, and felt like it had the maneuverability of a school bus. The Jeep fits me better. Would have likely been just as content in a Wrangler, but having a little better tow capability and a bed is a nice perk. It was also under $40k OTD, and I suspect a similarly equipped JLU or Tacoma would run me about the same.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
No Tremor package. You can do way better for way less in the aftermarket.

I got 37" tires with the wheels I wanted and a suspension lift for less than the Tremor package
Rock Crawl Mode, as well as other drive modes, limited slip front diff, locking rear diff, 33" water fording specification, etc. etc. It's hard to do all of that through the aftermarket for less money. And, with the Tremor you get the full factory warranty.

If I got a F-250, I'd get the Tremor package and call it a day. 35s are plenty and the peace of mind would be nice.

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
Not editing my original post - this entire thread is about choosing between full size and a JT. When I was looking my criteria included everything from a Subaru to the 1 ton dually and I landed on the JT because I think Gladiators are the swiss army knife of everything between a Subaru Outback station wagon to a 1 ton dually. Gladiators can do a little bit of everything and do a lot of it better than most.

Agree to disagree? Buy you a beer if you are ever in Minnesota? I only get to the UP when driving to Toronto...
If gladiator is a Swiss army knife according to you, the constant issues that many owners have experienced do make gladiator a problematic Swiss army knife! Lol

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
If I wanted a full size truck, I would have one. I wanted a mid to small size truck with a manual transmission.

They could make a full size truck, I will stick with my Gladiator.

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
If I wanted a full size truck, I would have one. I wanted a mid to small size truck with a manual transmission.

They could make a full size truck, I will stick with my Gladiator.
Thats what I wanted. An off road capable, mid-size (read "nimble") pickup truck with a manual transmission. Basically that leaves you with a Taco or a Gladiator. I couldn't be happier.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Thats what I wanted. An off road capable, mid-size (read "nimble") pickup truck with a manual transmission. Basically that leaves you with a Taco or a Gladiator. I couldn't be happier.
Amen to that.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I love Jeeps. Always been interested in trucks, but not enough to get one over a Jeep. This is both, so its perfect.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I love Jeeps. Always been interested in trucks, but not enough to get one over a Jeep. This is both, so its perfect.
I love trucks. Always been interested in Jeeps, but not enough to get one over a truck. This is both, so it's perfect!

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
i wasn't going to read through 15 pages, so this might have already been said...

Before purchasing the JTR, my wife and I checked out many different trucks. Ford F150, Chevy's, Tundra, etc... They all have great features and what might seem like more for your money, BUT... for us it came down to a few things:
1. Resale is incredible for Jeep Wranglers and likely for the JT (time will tell). Oddly, even Sport models hold a decent value.
2. Top and doors off.
3. Off-road ability. We feel the most secure in the JTR when off-roading. I don't like the feeling that happens with IFS systems. To me I feel so much more confident in the JTR
4. The JTR has opened up so many more family oriented opportunities that I think we would not have done with any other vehicle. (Moab, Sedona, Rubicon, etc...)

I think if we got anything else it would have been just that, just another truck and would likely get more calls to move people. Lol.
Sponsored