First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Or maybe a combination of both. Fairly short sighted to make an operational assumption based on a photo… Especially when considering the number of individuals that have had issues with, and replaced, an unnecessary protruding tail lamp assembly.
"Short sighted?" Going up and hitting the tail lamp assembly is a training issue...even if its the education of the operator as to the physical limits of his/her vehicle. Going down (possibly sliding down) is also a risk the operator assumed when he/she attempted to tackle the obstacle....training. Sliding into the obstacle from the side is an Act of God...hard to predict...could happen to anyone regardless of vehicle/training. In the end its all about knowing your vehicle, it capabilities, knowledge of terrain, the risks you are willing to take, etc.. Don't push Jeep Engineers to develop solutions for any situation regardless of knowledge/training...the price point would be incredible and I don't want to pay for others lack of knowledge/risk aversion/training, etc..
Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
This solution is farcical for a myriad of reasons. Most notably, the user would be expected to cut the wiring & add this potentiometer in between. This will either (A) Void the guarantee our factory provides on the ORACLE tails, if tapped into the tail side of the harness, in turn voiding the warranty we can extend to the user OR (B) Give Jeep the right to deny service on the rear light circuit because the user hard wired a potentiometer to the factory wiring.
Only "farcical" if you leave it to the end user to make modifications to the product. Hence, I said "YOU provide..." But you won't because you are worried that making your product work properly may void the factory warranty.
You have taken a stance that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm done here. Good day Sir.

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
So now I’m worried. Ordered on pre-order but no email yet. I have Mojave with led package. Already have the Oracle rear bumper mounted reverse lights with plug and play harness. Am I reading this right that the Oracle taillights won’t work if I have ORACLE BUMPER LIGHTS?

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So now I’m worried. Ordered on pre-order but no email yet. I have Mojave with led package. Already have the Oracle rear bumper mounted reverse lights with plug and play harness. Am I reading this right that the Oracle taillights won’t work if I have ORACLE BUMPER LIGHTS?
Sounds like they have a work around if you encountered issues by tapping into each tail light harness to give power to the bumper lights versus using the nicer harness they make for them.

Probably an opportunity for Oracle to create an optional harness that is two piece and can plug into the factory connectors like the original and then run down to each bumper light.

TAUPEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR SPORT 2006 LJ 1972 CHEVY BLAZER
So now i am in to Oracle for $500 for flush mount tail lights and reverse lights that just blink when put in reverse and go out. Was told by them that i now need to buy a programmer at $300. This was supposed to be plug and play. WTF!!! Waited a long time for these. At least i am not the only unsatisfied customer, maybe Oracle will do something, probably not.

Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
"Short sighted?" Going up and hitting the tail lamp assembly is a training issue...even if its the education of the operator as to the physical limits of his/her vehicle. Going down (possibly sliding down) is also a risk the operator assumed when he/she attempted to tackle the obstacle....training. Sliding into the obstacle from the side is an Act of God...hard to predict...could happen to anyone regardless of vehicle/training. In the end its all about knowing your vehicle, it capabilities, knowledge of terrain, the risks you are willing to take, etc.. Don't push Jeep Engineers to develop solutions for any situation regardless of knowledge/training...the price point would be incredible and I don't want to pay for others lack of knowledge/risk aversion/training, etc..
The taillight design was almost entirely aesthetics according to Jeep themselves. Keep up the good work though. Humans are fallible, you’ve proven your point. Best include those humans that designed the tail lamps 👍

RobCart

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Hi all. Just received my tail lights. I do have an Overland with the LED tail lights and sensors.
Everything went in fine. The only issue i would say is that fitment is a little off. I believe it may be a combination of the two mounting pins and contour of the housing doesnt match very well to the body. I did not encounter the issue with a screw from the housing hitting/scratching the truck.
I tried to post a few pictures but it says the file is too large

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
So now i am in to Oracle for $500 for flush mount tail lights and reverse lights that just blink when put in reverse and go out. Was told by them that i now need to buy a programmer at $300. This was supposed to be plug and play. WTF!!! Waited a long time for these. At least i am not the only unsatisfied customer, maybe Oracle will do something, probably not.
You have the bumper reverse lights going out? Because there was a fix for that that didn't require a programmer, also there is a $100ish programmer option not sure why everyone assumes only taser will work.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You have the bumper reverse lights going out? Because there was a fix for that that didn't require a programmer, also there is a $100ish programmer option not sure why everyone assumes only taser will work.
I don’t think it’s necessarily about the cost of the programmer. It’s that the expectation was set that these would just plug in an work with nothing else needed. That’s not the case.

They probably needed more testing on more vehicles which would have brought these issues out and they could have updated the expectation before the product arrived to the customer that a programmer may be needed. That way people could have made a more informed decision.

Trying to justify buying one because ‘it would be useful for other things too’ is not a proper response from them in my mind.

The bulk of customer service is communication and setting a proper expectation. You can save yourself a lot of grief by being up front with timelines or requirements.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yes my reverse lights went out on me with halogens. But I have JScan and it solved it fine.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The question I ask myself is, "Is this a technology or a training issue?" Training issue, definitely! Streamlined or recessed tail lights would not have helped you, Bubba. Break more taillights and learn from your mistakes.
1. My name is not Bubba
2. Thanks for your valuable advice. If you had only been there when this happened, you could have prevented it I’m sure.
3. You’re wrong, thanks. You don’t know anything about me.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
"If you are having issues, buy a programmer or send them back."

This is not a solution. This is a work around.

There is no indication from the mfr. that the problem will be addressed.

I'm glad I held off on making a purchase.
I don't know that it can be addressed tbh unless they maybe add a resistor to the reverse lights but even then IDK. You really need to be able to flip it to LED reverse lights. Mine went out as everyone else describes but when I flipped to LED they were fine.

The resistor is not on the reverse lead.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
These tails are 100% plug & play with most of the Jeeps. Just in the anomalies we are seeing here in this thread, we are well within the 1-2 percentile range for these & are closely monitoring.

Keyword here: Anomaly
Bubba. I dont know that is correct and you're digging your hole deeper with your customer base here imo.

I have your tails and your headlights and they're fine with the programmer. But this isn't 1-2% failure rate. It looks like anyone with halogens is going to need a tuner and that's not 1-2% failure.

You can't count people with a tuner as a success when you advertised plug and play. I wasn't plug and play and I got it to work because of JScan, but that isn't your success with plug and play, that is JScan saving your ass.

That isn't what you told everyone.

I think customers understand going from factory halogen headlights to LED headlights will require more work and a tuner, but you didn't tell anyone that on these. You added the circuit to make the brake and turns work plug n play but you forgot about balancing the LED reverse.

That isn't anyone's fault but Oracle's. Don't blame your customers.

Keyword here: Bubba.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Bubba. I dont know that is correct and you're digging your hole deeper with your customer base here imo.

I have your tails and your headlights and they're fine with the programmer. But this isn't 1-2% failure rate. It looks like anyone with halogens is going to need a tuner and that's not 1-2% failure.

You can't count people with a tuner as a success when you advertised plug and play. I wasn't plug and play and I got it to work because of JScan, but that isn't your success with plug and play, that is JScan saving your ass.

That isn't what you told everyone.

I think customers understand going from factory halogen headlights to LED headlights will require more work and a tuner, but you didn't tell anyone that on these. You added the circuit to make the brake and turns work plug n play but you forgot about balancing the LED reverse.

That isn't anyone's fault but Oracle's. Don't blame your customers.

Keyword here: Bubba.
Factory halogen to Oracle led is plug and play. No programming necessary. My theory is that the cooling fans draw enough current to mimic the halogen bulb draw but that's just a guess on my part.
Sponsored