35s or 37s?

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Did you go with a lift or stock? How do the tires fit? Any rub if stock? I ask because have a sport s in order and am thinking 35s. Have 33x12.5 on my YJ, no lift, and get a lil rub at max turn both sides.
I don't remember if I posted a pic, but I did a 2.5" rough country leveling kit in the front. Down the road, I'll do a 'real' lift, but I want to wait and see what some of the other aftermarket companies bring to market before committing. The 35's fit perfectly with the 17x8.5 wheels I'm running.

Matt

HL2Mtdn.jpg

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Having no jeep experience, I'm wondering if i should just keep the 33s and then upgrade when they wear out? Yes, the 35 and 37s look way better, but maybe I won't appreciate the performance difference if i do it right away. How long do the 33s that come on a rubicon typically last? Can you get 60k miles on them?

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator
I don't remember if I posted a pic, but I did a 2.5" rough country leveling kit in the front. Down the road, I'll do a 'real' lift, but I want to wait and see what some of the other aftermarket companies bring to market before committing. The 35's fit perfectly with the 17x8.5 wheels I'm running.

Matt

HL2Mtdn.jpg
what rack system are you using for your tent?

Sponsored

bmount

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Having no jeep experience, I'm wondering if i should just keep the 33s and then upgrade when they wear out? Yes, the 35 and 37s look way better, but maybe I won't appreciate the performance difference if i do it right away. How long do the 33s that come on a rubicon typically last? Can you get 60k miles on them?
That's what I'm planning on doing, keeping the 33s for a while then do a 2" lift and upgrade to 35s later. I have a feeling this will be one of those things that I need to pace myself on regarding the upgrades because once you think you're finished, you'll find something else you want change.

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition 2 DR
You can always buy the 35s now and slap those big boy shoes on the rig and keep the stock tires for when the 35s wear out

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
I have been on hunting trips where I had a flat (blown sidewall so I could not repair). With only one spare but 6 days of rough country ahead I was unwilling to risk staying out. Without a spare that was not safe in my estimation (I am usually solo). Thus I had to come out of the mountains and wasted 2 full days getting a replacement tire. My time in the mountains is limited so I take steps to enable me to stay out longer. 2 spares has come in handy twice since that sidewall failure (one trip I had one flat and the other I had 2 flats but was able stay out the entire time). The need for 4 spares is excessive (most of the time 2 is excessive). One time in my life my family had 5 flats between Hyder Alaska and some town I forget the name of in Canada (this was in the 70s when I was a teen). That was a nightmare as my sisters, mom, and I had to sit at the Blazer for multiple hours multiple times waiting for my dad to get back after hitch hiking with two tires to repair.
I have done a cross country haul where both tires on one side of the trailer were blown due to hitting unseen road debris. We had one spare but two flats. From that day forward....on any trip that covers considerable distance or is in a remote area ~ 2 spares!

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
Can anyone confirm if the 315/70R17 can be mounted on the factory spare rim? What about the 35/12.50? I would love to not have to buy an additional rim to go under the truck.

Sponsored

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
IMO 315/70R17 is the perfect combo. Jeep recommends additional equipment when installing 37’s. If you’re not wheeling weekly and it’s your daily driver I’d stick with 35’s. 37’s unequivocally put a great strain on the drive tran components. Premature wear is a matter of when not if. 37’s also require more upkeep. 0.02

For reference:

BFG KO2 315/70R17: actual diameter is 34.4 @ 64.5lbs each

BFG KO2 35x12.50R17: actual diameter is 34.5 @ 66.3lbs each

BFG KO2 37x12.50R17: actual diameter is 36.5 @ 69.5lbs each

I did the 315/70R17 option. It looks great without a lift or changing the engineered geometry of the drive tran. No bro dozer look. It’s only .1 smaller than a 35x12.50R17 and weighs a little less. Maybe I’m cautious but I daily drive and do moderate wheeling. I will get everywhere anyone else is running on a trail. Driver input is everything. 37’s are out of the question for me, not worth the extra wear and tear or $$. Full disclosure, I may have opened a controversial can of worms.:idea:

021A7CBF-ABDE-4C5C-AA88-02A6AA4E9019.jpeg

B2E7E04C-63F4-4864-BDC1-DBA0734131EB.jpeg
What MPG you getting?

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
So I'm trying to figure this all out for my sport s.....if I wanna go 35's I can just do the leveling kit and if I want 37's the 2 inch lift? After reading all this and knowing I will be daily driving sounds like for ride quality I should stay 35's?

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Healthcare
I am new to the Jeeping world and trying to sort the whole wheel and tire debate out myself. I am trying to find the perfect combo for the daily driver, occasional off roading, the perfect lift, and to still be able to tow.

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Healthcare
Can anyone confirm if the 315/70R17 can be mounted on the factory spare rim? What about the 35/12.50? I would love to not have to buy an additional rim to go under the truck.
I was able to take a screenshot shot of this when the tech at Discount Tire walked away from his terminal.
From person experience, would you all agree?

86A3DFDC-1A67-4168-BCC1-AB07ADD83F87.jpeg
Sponsored