Sponsored

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
I replaced mine with newer and seems ok now. They said there was essentially a known bad batch and that seems to line up.
Oh, so you did end up getting a response from AEV. That's good and hopefully true.

Were they replaced with new links or boots from AEV, something to "prove" the bad batch theory, or other option and we'll never know until another couple dozen pages never mention it again?

Thanks.
Sponsored

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
Oh, so you did end up getting a response from AEV. That's good and hopefully true.

Were they replaced with new links or boots from AEV, something to "prove" the bad batch theory, or other option and we'll never know until another couple dozen pages never mention it again?

Thanks.
Yea I called, their service is great. I couldn't produce the original receipt or proof of purchase and they gave me the new batch for 50% off. I think they were going to just mail me new ones if I had the proof of purchase. So far, so good. They didn't look different to the naked eye, but I'm sure we understand that doesn't mean much.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Want to do this soon - sounds like since I already have Apex, no issue? Will the "short" Apex be enough for this lift? I have the 8" :

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator 1701962937228

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Want to do this soon - sounds like since I already have Apex, no issue? Will the "short" Apex be enough for this lift? I have the 8" :

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator 1701962937228
I'd hope so, per Apex...
Screenshot_20231207_224945_Chrome.jpg

I know many lifts are reported to actually be greater than the manufacturer's stated lift in inches. Is the AEV truly a 2" lift to stay within that limit?

@Vengeful One are you in the Mojave with AEV 2" lift, and still have stock shocks? If so, do you have the 8" or 10.5" Apex Autolynx?

Vengeful One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
Machinist
I'd hope so, per Apex...
Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator Screenshot_20231207_224945_Chrome

I know many lifts are reported to actually be greater than the manufacturer's stated lift in inches. Is the AEV truly a 2" lift to stay within that limit?

@Vengeful One are you in the Mojave with AEV 2" lift, and still have stock shocks? If so, do you have the 8" or 10.5" Apex Autolynx?
Yes that used to be mine. I had the 8”.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
what's funny about the 8" is they're too long at the shortest adjustment for a stock Mojave! 5.5" stock. The 8s go down to about 6.5...I have mine at the minimum.

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
I have the AEV 2” Mojave lift and the 8” Apex Autolynx, which have more than enough adjustment and travel for the setup. I still have quite a bit of adjustment left in them should I decide to go with a taller lift in the future.

On a complete side note, the dealer damaged one of of my rear sway bar end links during the install, so they purchased me a set of Metal Cloak links. Given the issues people have been having with the AEV’s, I guess it was a lucky break. Back on topic, the 8” Autolynx pair well with the AEV lift.

IMG_4731.jpeg

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Does anyone have a pic of the hardware packs that come with the AEV 2" lift and the AEV geo brackets?

I might have an opportunity to buy used and would like to make sure nothing is missing. I could probably find in youtube videos, but a good pic/detailed-list of what comes in the box may be more accurate/easier.

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
Does anyone have a pic of the hardware packs that come with the AEV 2" lift and the AEV geo brackets?

I might have an opportunity to buy used and would like to make sure nothing is missing. I could probably find in youtube videos, but a good pic/detailed-list of what comes in the box may be more accurate/easier.
Haven't installed mine yet. At this point not installing the Geo brackets, but am adding the longer mopar control arms

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator 20231210_190059

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator 20231210_190015

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Haven't installed mine yet. At this point not installing the Geo brackets, but am adding the longer mopar control arms
You rock, thanks!

Please don't open it up for me, but when you go to install if you could take a pic of all the hardware, I'd appreciate it. Totally understand if you forget or just don't want to lose track of it all sprawled out.

Sponsored

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
You rock, thanks!

Please don't open it up for me, but when you go to install if you could take a pic of all the hardware, I'd appreciate it. Totally understand if you forget or just don't want to lose track of it all sprawled out.
Here ya go, everything in the box. It doesn't look like a very intimidating project just sitting on the workbench, lol.

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator 20231210_202652

Last edited:

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Here ya go, everything in the box. It doesn't look like a very intimidating project just sitting on the workbench, lol.

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator 20231210_202652
Thanks again! But so sorry, by hardware kit I meant the fasteners in the bag. Site called it a hardware pack, sorry for not specifying more clearly. Easier to be sure by seeing it to compare, since I'd be buying an open/used/disassembled lift. The list on the first pic is sure helpful though.

Again though, I don't want you losing track of everything by sprawling it out early. You've been more than helpful.
Sponsored