Sponsored

Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
IMO the Mojave is a far better deal for a more rugged and robust high speed desert offroad vehicle with very straightforward ways to add all the capability of a rubi.... but indeed thats my opinion.

Also has not been discussed but Mojave comes stock with rear locker thats available in 4H for dune running. This is impossible for a rubi unless you remove the electronic rear locker and install a rear air locker. Something no one would ever do.

i think time will tell..... but I can see the mojave edition making its way into the Wrangler models and being very popular. The more solid frame and the iron knuckles on the mojave are far superior to the rubicon.
gmKcN_RY1fXdpm-DX0FI_GapoP6h-VZvaRWA_z80NYZQGdM60w.jpg

Bench racing has always been a part of forums but on Jeep forums, at some point, people need to get out and actually go offroad. For those of you who have purchased a Mojave, good for you. But tell us and show us how you use your Mojave OFF road. And don't bother telling us how much better it is than a Rubicon or any other Gladiator because you likely (1) have no idea, (2) have no way of comparing and (3) may not have even off roaded, bro.
Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Also has not been discussed but Mojave comes stock with rear locker thats available in 4H for dune running. This is impossible for a rubi unless you remove the electronic rear locker and install a rear air locker. Something no one would ever do.
Not sure where this myth comes from, but it sure seems to be stuck in a lot of peoples mind as fact. It is simply not true.
Jeep Gladiator Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave RearLocker_4H
Jeep Gladiator Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave IMG_6059

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
haha indeed. definately enjoy man. I love the mods I put in!
How much did it cost to add all the stuff you added to get a "mojavicon" ? I just ordered my Mojave... the only thing im sad about is not being as capable as the Rubicon.

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
Did fins n things a couple of weeks ago with a stock Mojave behind me. I know it’s not a hard trail but didn’t see much of a difference between what he did and I did in my stock rubi.

Sponsored

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
How much did it cost to add all the stuff you added to get a "mojavicon" ? I just ordered my Mojave... the only thing im sad about is not being as capable as the Rubicon.
Installed it should be about $3000 to add an ARB245 front locker. About $1000 for locker, $320 for air compressor, $200 for air mount and ss air lines, $170 for ARB diff cover, and $1300 for install. Mine goes in Monday and Tuesday.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Installed it should be about $3000 to add an ARB245 front locker. About $1000 for locker, $320 for air compressor, $200 for air mount and ss air lines, $170 for ARB diff cover, and $1300 for install. Mine goes in Monday and Tuesday.
Cool! Maybe once i get mine from the factory and get it out on the trails to see if it fits my needs or not, i may end up doing the same thing down the road. I dont plan on doing serious rock crawling with the family but it would be nice to have a front locker to get out of a jam. Thanks for the price info.

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
Bench racing has always been a part of forums but on Jeep forums, at some point, people need to get out and actually go offroad. For those of you who have purchased a Mojave, good for you. But tell us and show us how you use your Mojave OFF road. And don't bother telling us how much better it is than a Rubicon or any other Gladiator because you likely (1) have no idea, (2) have no way of comparing and (3) may not have even off roaded, bro.
Stock for stock, the Mojave has a higher RTI score than the Rubicon when both have the swaybar connected, probably due to the lift the Mojave has and the wider track. Obviously with the swaybar disconnect the Rubicon can get high RTI numbers. Add a front locker and swaybar disconnect to the Mojave and the only thing you are missing is the lower gearing, which is only going to really help on extremely difficult trails at which point you're already at a disadvantage because of the long wheelbase of the Gladiator compared to a JLR or even a JLUR. That said, I feel a lot of mall-crawlers are buying Mojaves because of their better on-road manners. But they should still be able to wheel just fine.

I remember when I first bought my FJ Cruiser so many years ago and being told I "couldn't keep up" with modded Tacomas and 4runners because the FJ Cruiser "wasn't any good stock". It was fun keeping right up with them on the trails with only off-road tires as a mod.

Last edited:

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I have a Mojave. My suspension mods are...
I have some Apex Autolynx disconnects I'm putting on it (raining today, maybe tomorrow) that's all. Not for rock crawling just for the bumpy and washed out roads, it helps smooth things out a bit.
As far as a locker in the front, I never even considered it, the electronic computer wheel breaking fake posi crap seems to be dialed in pretty good. Now when someone comes up with a drop in Torsen type diff for the front I'd be interested, very interested. The Mojave fits me pretty much as is. No real desires to make any significant changes. Probably the max I would do is a front Torsen and a gear change at the same time. Can't really think of anything it actually needs though. Happy, I definitely have the right one for me personally. YMMV.

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Everyone hold off on the front locker. My shop ran into numerous problems. First ARB never sent carrier bearings and no one has them local. Also the locker is a 1/4 inch smaller than the housing. They could put splines in to make up the difference, but we’re worried it would grenade if being pushed in deep snow. So maybe it still works, but I told them not to risk it.

Sponsored

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
I have a Mojave. My suspension mods are...
I have some Apex Autolynx disconnects I'm putting on it (raining today, maybe tomorrow) that's all. Not for rock crawling just for the bumpy and washed out roads, it helps smooth things out a bit.
As far as a locker in the front, I never even considered it, the electronic computer wheel breaking fake posi crap seems to be dialed in pretty good. Now when someone comes up with a drop in Torsen type diff for the front I'd be interested, very interested. The Mojave fits me pretty much as is. No real desires to make any significant changes. Probably the max I would do is a front Torsen and a gear change at the same time. Can't really think of anything it actually needs though. Happy, I definitely have the right one for me personally. YMMV.
Definitely interested in the Autolynx, that's what I've been looking at for my Mojave. Spendy, but seem to be worth it.

My Gen 2 Raptor had a Torsen in the front from stock and it felt way more confident in 4A and 4H than my Gen 1 Raptors did. Too bad the 4A use blew the hubs prematurely (part of the reason I didn't get the newer JT with the 4A option).

Everyone hold off on the front locker. My shop ran into numerous problems. First ARB never sent carrier bearings and no one has them local. Also the locker is a 1/4 inch smaller than the housing. They could put splines in to make up the difference, but we’re worried it would grenade if being pushed in deep snow. So maybe it still works, but I told them not to risk it.
I'm kind of surprised the housing is smaller, doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to be different.

Sapper

First Name
Sapper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Snazzleberry
Occupation
Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly only wider due to a different offset on the wheels. Same width axles......I believe.
i think the Mojave has an M220 wide axle ... its not just wheel offset .

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
i think the Mojave has an M220 wide axle ... its not just wheel offset .
Same width as a Rubicon, wider than sport/overland/willys etc.

Yes, I know, max tow sport can have the wide axle too.

polarisTXguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, F350, Boss 302, Mini, Ram1500
Occupation
Polaris Industires

Eaton just launched a Plug-n-Play one wire E locker for the Mojave that is a direct bolt in. Part number 14234-1 cost is $1,279

I will let you know how it goes, 5:13 and install kit should be here tomorrow with an ETA of 11/15 on the E Locker install scheduled for the second week of December.

Attachments

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Eaton just launched a Plug-n-Play one wire E locker for the Mojave that is a direct bolt in. Part number 14234-1 cost is $1,279

I will let you know how it goes, 5:13 and install kit should be here tomorrow with an ETA of 11/15 on the E Locker install scheduled for the second week of December.
Fantastic!
Sponsored