First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra LTD Crew Max, Wranger Unlimited, RC 350
Occupation
Retired
Looking at a High Alt online that has a factory installed CAI. What benefit does that provide, if any? I could see it maybe on a Mustang GT but a Gladiator? Thanks
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Zero. If you like the sound then there's that but the intake hasn't been the bottleneck on stock, NA vehicles in over a decade - the throttle body is still much smaller than that tube and air filters flow far better than they used to.

If you're talking the "raised air intake" then it's something you can seal to help dust and water intrusion but the performance gains are within the margin of error.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Looking at a High Alt online that has a factory installed CAI. What benefit does that provide, if any? I could see it maybe on a Mustang GT but a Gladiator? Thanks
Even in a naturally Aspirated mustang with out increased TB and intake mani along with a CAI and tune yes will see additional HP... get rid of the cats and add some LTH and your doing well .. But just a CAI does 0 for performance ..

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Nothing but sound but I’ll still likely do it lol. I’ll have to look into the upgrade for the throttle body if any.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Sounds like an extra $525 for Chrysler Jeep Corp that basically does nothing except suck money out of your wallet.
Well bigger tires sucks money out of your wallet too with worse gas mileage so I don’t see the difference.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
What about it sounds different?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar CAI removes the sound baffles and additional air tubing. It provides a small increase in engine volume, mostly noticable under acceleration. I bought one from All Mopar Parts for around $430 (if I remember correctly), with free shipping. The kit includes one of the $120 Mopar washable air filters.

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
I installed the Mopar CAI on my JT several months ago with the full understanding that it would not have much effect, if any, on performance or mileage. I have not been disappointed. It does have a little more growl under acceleration for whatever that’s worth.

rwesorick

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubicon, '14 Viper GTS, '14 WRX, '14 S7
Occupation
patent attorney
I just bought the CAI kit, but not sure what to do about the RUBICON sticker if I cut the hood. I don't like the attached look...

128408.jpeg

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well bigger tires sucks money out of your wallet too with worse gas mileage so I don’t see the difference.
At least bigger tires provide multiple benefits: they look better, ground clearance is better, traction is better.
Sponsored