First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Mine doesn't do it either, and I don't have proximity doors. But, IIRC, I turned off the horn/sound when locking feature.
Mine doesn’t do it either and do I have proximity doors. I leave the engine running with my wife inside and she locks the doors while I run into stores for things. I have the key the whole time. No tazer either.
Sponsored

SURF&TURF

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD
Occupation
Retired
Contact z automotive, and maybe they'll implement a fix in the Tazer.
I sent an email to Z Automotive and 4D Teck asking for their help to disable this annoying feature. 4D Teck offers a Flash Module for Ford owners experiencing the same issue and there are Ram & GMC owners looking for a solution as well. I seriously did search and found animal sounding horns on the internet from Boom Blasters, I'm leaning toward the barking Dog and possibly the crowing Rooster since there is one close by.

SURF&TURF

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD
Occupation
Retired
I received a reply from Ian at Z Automotive and he forwarded the Horn issue to their Engineer and he'll take a look to see if it is doable as soon as possible. Edit - 4D Tech also replied that they hope to have a fix in the future, but do not have a timeline.

Last edited:

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
Picked mine Sport S Diesel up last night and yup, it honks when I get out with it running. Tried remote start, ebrake, everything...HONK HONK HONK! Who in there right mind came up with this?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Who in there right mind came up with this?
It's a fix for fools who lose fobs, leave fobs in the vehicle, and other similar fools.
It's not "a Jeep thing" - I found similar on a Chevy years ago, but it was just one honk. If you even tried to lock a door and the fob wasn't clear of the truck - HONK.............

I guess people don't understand reasons behind things they hate or don't understand.
Most people do lose fobs, lock them in vehicles, walk away from running trucks with the doors unlocked and other fun (stupid) stuff and apparently when they did - they said "those damned idiots at Jeep, why don't they FIX this so it honks so we can't do this?"

Sponsored

Savage1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Superintendent
Mine is a ‘22 with proximity locks and I get the annoying 3 honks if I dare run into it store with the fob in my pocket or back into the house.
I haven’t tried it but can you drive the vehicle if it’s left running and the the fob isn’t in there?

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
It's a fix for fools who lose fobs, leave fobs in the vehicle, and other similar fools.
It's not "a Jeep thing" - I found similar on a Chevy years ago, but it was just one honk. If you even tried to lock a door and the fob wasn't clear of the truck - HONK.............

I guess people don't understand reasons behind things they hate or don't understand.
Most people do lose fobs, lock them in vehicles, walk away from running trucks with the doors unlocked and other fun (stupid) stuff and apparently when they did - they said "those damned idiots at Jeep, why don't they FIX this so it honks so we can't do this?"
Someday it would be nice if all this planning, building, and programming for "the lowest common denominator" would come to an end. Maybe, just maybe the bar would rise a little if they actually experienced some learned life lessons along the way. Maybe just change the minimum expectation to the "25 percentile" to start? Is that too much to ask? Thanks for being my support group. You may return to your modding now. :LOL:

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Mine is a ‘22 with proximity locks and I get the annoying 3 honks if I dare run into it store with the fob in my pocket or back into the house.
I haven’t tried it but can you drive the vehicle if it’s left running and the the fob isn’t in there?
Yes, for a short while. But it will beep, and tell you there's no key fob. I don't know how far you'll get, but in my old VW, at least a quarter mile. I don't know if it's a time thing or a distance thing, and I'm sure each make is different.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Someday it would be nice if all this planning, building, and programming for "the lowest common denominator" would come to an end. Maybe, just maybe the bar would rise a little if they actually experienced some learned life lessons along the way. Maybe just change the minimum expectation to the "25 percentile" to start? Is that too much to ask? Thanks for being my support group. You may return to your modding now. :LOL:
I'm wondering if it's the law now due to a lot of CO poisonings in garages.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/13/...less-cars-and-their-carbon-monoxide-toll.html

Note: this link is to a lawyer, so even if it's not the law, I'm sure someone has been sued, therefore "mandating" this through litigation.
https://www.floridainjurylawyers.co...-vehicles-can-lead-to-carbon-monoxide-deaths/
Makes sense that it exists, but I'd think a simple chime or flashing lights would do the trick without the honk. I'm glad mine doesn't do it, but my garage is detached anyway.

Sponsored

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
I still wonder why I don't get the option of turning off the horn sounding as I do with remote start?
Last night I pulled into the gas station with a buddy and jump out to run inside, he was in the vehicle and honk, honk, honk right at the glass door, pissing everyone off inside. Because of that and many other scenarios like a 3:00am fishing trip, we should have the option of disabling this.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My 2013 Nissan Leaf does this, with no way to disable it. When I get out and lock it, while it's still on, I get three beeps from the horn. I liked that I can do that with my Gladiator and only get a message on screen.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My 2013 Nissan Leaf does this, with no way to disable it. When I get out and lock it, while it's still on, I get three beeps from the horn. I liked that I can do that with my Gladiator and only get a message on screen.
I have watched people get out of vehicles, the engine is quiet or they are distracted, they exit the vehicle, lock the doors and walk away........ engine still running later - oops, crap, did I forget to shut it off?
I have seen my wife do this with the Grand Cherokee - it's quiet and if there's a lot going on....... There's always a reason for things but so many people can't see situations other than their own (not referring to you - but there's a lot of "I hate this" going on and people never think beyond their own desires and try to imagine someone else, not as perfect as they are - OR THE HEARING IMPAIRED people of the world)
No wonder the world is falling apart - people can't get that there are differences. Not every person has perfect hands, perfect eyes, perfect ears, or is as tall, or as short, or as physically fit - and yet people see things only as they apply to them personally and see no reason for such warnings. I am friends with some really good drivers, a couple of them drag race, never an accident or incident, and yet they rely on those sounds. So inconvenience those that hate it, or deny them their aids?
And face it, that's all it is - an inconvenience for those that hate it. It's not earth-shattering or a first-world problem. So it honks.
I'd never leave a vehicle running and lock the doors so I guess I won't ever have that trouble.
And if it honked while I left the vehicle with the engine running, fob still clipped to my belt, I'd ignore it or thank it for the reminder and go back and shut it off.
If it wakes the neighbors there are solutions........

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Yes. Https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/no-key-its-it-will-still-drive.28467/
That's why we have electric vehicles and self-driving cars. The lowest common denominator is winning all over, why do you think there are so many changes happening in our country?

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
I'm praying Tazer finds a way to turn this off. Most annoying thing ever. Part of my morning routine is to drop my daughter off at daycare. I'm inside for literally 2 minutes, and it's only a few minutes from home, so I don't like to cut the car off. No need to really.

I get there, and get out to get her out of her car seat. beep beep beep.
I walk around and open her door, get her out and close her door. beep beep beep.
I hit the proximity lock button to lock the car so nobody can drive away, walk her in, and come right back out.

The beep beep beep is so annoying. You can customize practically everything about this truck but can't turn off the beeps.
Sponsored