Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Every bad review I've ever sent on Yelp remains public. Including the 1 Star I gave the Jeep dealer I bought my truck from. You do have to be a prolific reviewer for them to not question your reviews.

Most San Diego Jeep dealers are 3 stars or less. Usually 2.5. They ain't paying to hide negs.
Interesting. It appears dealers just don't care about Yelp reviews.

My son used to manage the bar at a nice restaurant. Yelp constantly called him saying things like, "You've got some great reviews here waiting to be posted. And there a few negative reviews can hide. Are you ready to start a payment plan?". My son always told Yelp to get bent.
Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any insurance company worth a damn is going to deny this all day long. Barring an actual collision with another vehicle or object, the only way an insurance company would pay out is under their comprehensive coverage. IE, the coverage you use when you're clearly not at fault, but the thing that IS at fault can't indemnify you (hail, a deer, or an "act of god").

This is not that. No fucking way I would pay this claim.

If there's a leinholder on this, I would go to them and explain that the dealership messed up their property.
On the contrary, I would expect the insurance company will pay; no questions asked. They likely want nothing to do with suing a dealer.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a picture of how you connected your wires after removing the ess battery?
Jeep Gladiator Fire Fire! My Gladiator burned down Jeep AUX Delete

It's a little tight, but it reaches. I also shrink wrapped over any exposed area of the connector. The connector needed to be rotated so that the tabs or ears that fit around the AUX connector are facing upwards. All this stemmed from the JL forums ... the JL guys had a two year head start to express their distaste for Jeeps choice of a dual battery set up.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Damn man, that makes for a bad day. I’d be sick to my stomach. Hope you can prove what caused it and the dealer steps up if it’s on them.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
It doesn't help now but my advice to all is to disable ESS permanently in these vehicles. They are a trouble spot.
How, just the Tazer, or straight removal of the second battery etc? I HATE the stupid stop/start BS, it's asinine and a safety hazard; not only for this example, but the delay on take off is my biggest beef, when you need to get out into traffic and go, or anything quickly (which happens quite often) good luck... I just took mine in for an absolutely horrid sound on startup sometimes, clanking and noisy, but "they didn't hear anything" naturally. Once I get MaxCare I'll just pay my deductible and say replace the mf thing... it's like the cost is coming out of their own paychecks or something, please.

Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
How, just the Tazer, or straight removal of the second battery etc? I HATE the stupid stop/start BS, it's asinine and a safety hazard; not only for this example, but the delay on take off is my biggest beef, when you need to get out into traffic and go, or anything quickly (which happens quite often) good luck... I just took mine in for an absolutely horrid sound on startup sometimes, clanking and noisy, but "they didn't hear anything" naturally. Once I get MaxCare I'll just pay my deductible and say replace the mf thing... it's like the cost is coming out of their own paychecks or something, please.
tazer is an option but they do sell relays that only disable that feature. I dont recall the name, my apologies, but should not be hard to find.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
There are plug in ESS eliminators that will remember your disable setting if you don't want to go full in with a Tazer. I really doubt this was an ESS issue ... unless for some reason the starter stuck and shorted out. I would first suspect some form of human error ....

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
On the contrary, I would expect the insurance company will pay; no questions asked. They likely want nothing to do with suing a dealer.
I don't know. Lots of large insurance companies that have deeper pockets than some of these dealerships. Regardless. The OP's insurance company has an obligation to it's client (OP) to investigate this claim and reach some form of settlement on insurance reimbursements.

Unfortunately without proof of wrong-doing ... the fact that the jeep caught fire AFTER driving home from the dealership could be perceived as coincidental.

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
I don't share all you guys apparent default opinion that "ALL dealers are "scum".
What I'm hearing is a lot of mistakes, which can honestly happen anywhere, but it's literally the dealer's responsibility to avoid these issues with proper training, supervision, and making it right when they f*ck it up. Even when #1 and #2 have high standards, they still have to hold up #3 (within reason) to be a reputable business. I have not seen much evidence of #3 in my experience. Same for a large majority of this thread. ...and to be fair, anger is a motivator to jump on a keyboard vs satisfaction when people typically just go on with their lives - this makes forums waaaaaaaay biased toward the complaints.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
That’s exactly what insurance companies do. Its part of their business to find liability elsewhere and purse. He can file an insurance claim and his company will likely subrogate and go after the dealership.

Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Entertainer
What a bummer. Glad all were safe, Really hope the insurance you have will cover all of your Mod's. I don't think mine would.... That is so tough, glad all were safe and the jeep didn't start a wild fire or something crazy.
I would go after the dealership for everything, including the modifications and rental. Easy case if what you say is correct. Presumed negligence. Res ipsa loquitor (Latin for the thing speaks for itself).

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the talk of forcing the dealer to accept responsibility sounds logical. The thing is, I hear about dealers screwing things up all the time and I've NEVER heard of a dealer being held accountable. So, maybe the dealers force non-disclosure agreements? Or maybe they are simply positioned to avoid any and all responsibility like Cruise Lines.

Last edited:

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
I took my beloved Gladiator into the dealer to have the start-stop feature fixed. The dealer said that the issue was that both batteries tested bad. They replaced both and kept it overnight. I picked it up the next day and on the way home all hell happened!

would you mind sharing what issues you were having with you stop/start system ?

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
Maybe the dealer would extend a good will gesture and help replace it at cost.

OP
OP
Waynesoffroad

Waynesoffroad

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon 2021 Wrangler 4Xe
Occupation
Equipment Technician
would you mind sharing what issues you were having with you stop/start system ?
It stopped working. I took it to the dealer and was told that both batteries where bad. They replaced them both and kept it overnight.
Sponsored