George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
Make that TWO perfect JTs.
My 2020 didn't do it but that once and it was the station's stupid nozzles. It was a "low maintenance" place, you could tell, or someone didn't know how to configure their pumps/nozzles.

Like I said - the internet is where people come to gripe about problems......... and from this forum, there aren't all that many that do the splash-back thing. Only a few in the grand scheme of things, compared to the total number sold.
(if you look into how gas pump nozzles work, most of the blame rests with the nozzle.)
I will get an official count and let you know.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 only does it if I'm at some gas stations or I over fill it. 🤔

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I'm that person that listens to the sound of the fuel going in and stopping it as soon as it makes that "I'm about to overflow" sound. I have not been to a single pump station that has a nozzle that stops when it should. I know its 100 percent the Jeeps fault, but at this point I have gotten so use to it.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Mine leaks gas out of the gas cap area as well. 2020. Not much but you can tell it happens, and leaks onto the paint.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I'm that person that listens to the sound of the fuel going in and stopping it as soon as it makes that "I'm about to overflow" sound. I have not been to a single pump station that has a nozzle that stops when it should. I know its 100 percent the Jeeps fault, but at this point I have gotten so use to it.
I don’t know if you read the whole thread or if my issue was the same cause as you, but had the problem 100% of the time and the service tech found a breather hose had come loose. Reconnected it and now I only have a problem about 10% of the time I fill up. Hope that helps you.

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
Mine only ever puked gas before I got it lifted... Never once since...🤔

SpartacusMojave

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator, 2012 jeep wrangler 2 door
Occupation
Retired
Gladiator fuel overflowing.

How’s it going guys and girls. Just got a gladiator Rubicon. Is anyone else out there having a pretty good amount of fuel overflowing when the tank fills up while pumping gas.?. I know the Jeep Has warranty but like many of us I like to avoid the dealer whenever possible. I know some jeeps in the past have had this issue but has anyone had it with a new models?
2021 Mohave, everytime, have to listen to avoid Splashdown!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Well add me to the club. My third Gladiator and first time noticing it. Seems to spit worst when refueling under a 1/4 tank left and out onto the paint side. Most other times it is a dribble that stays in the fuel door cubby area.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Iowa must have very different pump nozzles maintained differently. Gladiator #2 and no issues filling (and I almost always run down to 1/8 tank unless travelling across the country)
The only time I've had any issue was being dumb and trying to see how much more I could get into it after the nozzle kicked off, and with the 2020, it did kick back on time - with a nozzle at a station I'd not been to before. When it shut off it kicked back.
It seriously makes me wonder about some stations and their nozzles and maintenance, or if there's a vent or hose in some of these that's out of whack.

I can see things being an issue if the nozzle shields the filler neck so well as to keep air from escaping at a good speed and the gas comes out fast, building pressure in the tank until it finally burps out. I usually don't run the nozzle on full speed if I think it's coming out a bit TOO fast, I tend to watch the pump meter and have noticed some kick out fuel at a crazy rate while others on full open aren't so fast.
If the gas going in goes in so fast it builds up pressure - I could see where the gas would burp out after while when the pressure overcomes the weight of the fuel going down the tube and over to the tank on the other side.

Sponsored

zx5go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR
My new 2023 JTR does it. Every fill up. Even when listening I still cannot get it off fast enough to keep it from overfilling.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
2020 Sport S and have never had this issue come up. Filled up or topped off at multiple stations and not one instance so far. Imagine I must be in the minority on the count.

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My 22 has never done it and I'm ashamed to say I’ve been down to E a few times. For the most part I fill up at the same couple of local establishments but overall have gotten gas at 10 to 15 stations in several states

Mr.Wilson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and a JL
My 2022 JT and my 2021 JL both puke gas up when I’m filling them.
Sponsored