Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Same as the wrangler. 4xe first. Then everybody said jeep was dead couple months later the 392 wrangler arrived.

JGlanton

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Occupation
Dog trainer
I so hope so. I’m less enthused about a turbo 4 in the gladiator, vs some decent v6 torque backed by electric.

I won’t immediately dismiss it, but may not rush as quickly.
I can't imagine how bad the range would be with this config. With people reporting a range of 275 miles with their 4xe Rubi's, what would the Gladiator get?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Legislation is pending to up the tax credit to as much as $12,500. I’m kicking around getting a wrangler 4xe then trading for the gladiator when released. Because I think a matter of when, not if.
The only thing dumber than offering $7,500 to buy a new $50k+ vehicle with 20 miles of range is offering more money to do it. The EV credit itself needs to go away, if the cars are so fantastic they will be bought up anyways, no government handout of other peoples money needed.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I can't imagine how bad the range would be with this config. With people reporting a range of 275 miles with their 4xe Rubi's, what would the Gladiator get?
A not uncommon situation to happen. Just wait until people lift them, add bigger tires, and get onto the highway at higher speeds.

Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
The only thing dumber than offering $7,500 to buy a new $50k+ vehicle with 20 miles of range is offering more money to do it. The EV credit itself needs to go away, if the cars are so fantastic they will be bought up anyways, no government handout of other peoples money needed.
This is quite the narrow minded approach. Tax credit is simply to incentivize EV’s because, as it stands now, they have a higher point of entry. Also the tax credit doesn’t come out of “other people’s money.” That’s just not how it works. FCA (Stellantis) currently offers the $7500 ev credit as a $7500 rebate on 4Xe and Pacifica PHEV vehicles. That means you can snag a $55k-$60k Jeep for $400 or less a month. I’d call that one hell of a deal. Once they open the order books on gladiator 4Xe’s I’ll be selling my Sport S and ordering one.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
This is quite the narrow minded approach. Tax credit is simply to incentivize EV’s because, as it stands now, they have a higher point of entry. Also the tax credit doesn’t come out of “other people’s money.” That’s just not how it works. FCA (Stellantis) currently offers the $7500 ev credit as a $7500 rebate on 4Xe and Pacifica PHEV vehicles. That means you can snag a $55k-$60k Jeep for $400 or less a month. I’d call that one hell of a deal. Once they open the order books on gladiator 4Xe’s I’ll be selling my Sport S and ordering one.
Higher point of entry blah blah blah. They're supposed to save money long term and make up the higher point of entry, so that's a total b.s. excuse. Excuses are like ***holes, everyone's got one and they all stink.

And go on and explain how the governments money funding this isn't the people's money. I'll wait. 'Oh but it's my own tax credit'. Lol, give that one a whirl on the fanciful train.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Every 4xe that hit the three dealers down here immediately sold out in days. If you lease you do not get the money. After FCA/Stellanis sells 200,000 qualified EVs the incentive will phase out... so if you want one and the incentive is important I wouldn't wait. You may want to order one to lock one in. Because of the chip shortage the orders seem to be getting prioritized.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Higher point of entry blah blah blah. They're supposed to save money long term and make up the higher point of entry, so that's a total b.s. excuse. Excuses are like ***holes, everyone's got one and they all stink.

And go on and explain how the governments money funding this isn't the people's money. I'll wait. 'Oh but it's my own tax credit'. Lol, give that one a whirl on the fanciful train.
A rebate on my tax return isn’t other people’s money, it’s keeping my own money. When I pay in over $20k in taxes throughout the year, that $7500 is my money. If you somehow think you’re entitled to my money please let me know.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
A rebate on my tax return isn’t other people’s money, it’s keeping my own money. When I pay in over $20k in taxes throughout the year, that $7500 is my money. If you somehow think you’re entitled to my money please let me know.
Lol.

Hey whose going to send Jeep that $7,500 on your behalf?

Last edited:

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Could be interesting. Could just as easily be a dud from my perspective depending on how they do it. I need a truck for truck purposes, so if they do some sort of light duty thing with reduced capacities (like with the manual), it's kind of a non-starter. Additionally, a few things I've read about the Wrangler JL make it seem like it doesn't have much in the way of regenerative capability such that the only way to charge the battery is to plug it in. If it only has 20 or 25 miles of electric range, that's probably pretty fantastic for the majority of buyers who live in cities and suburbs, but I live in the mountains (the extreme ups and downs tend to tank ranges like that), and everything is a good ways away such that I'd be running on gas a good percentage of the time anyway. I checked fuelly for 4XE Wrangler mpg in the real world, and they're not exactly impressive... The gas mpg seem to be pretty poor relative to other power train options, likely due to the additional weight of the batteries and electric motor. Add in the additional complexity and relative novelty in proven powertrain terms, and my enthusiasm sorta fizzles...

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Just drive one, you will quite your bitchen and complaining. It is like a factory supercharger

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Just drive one, you will quite your bitchen and complaining. It is like a factory supercharger
Except it's on a 2.0t, it only works if you have enough battery, it doesn't sound like a supercharger, and it weighs like 600lbs+ extra. But other than that, maybe?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It is not a rebate, it is a tax credit. You get a reduction in the amount of tax you have to pay in. It is money the government wants to operate on. It is made up by the government borrowing money, or collecting more from other taxpayers. There are many of these in the Tax Code that can be used. That is why high income taxpayers pay an overall lower percentage of their income in taxes. Our elected representatives have been adding these for years. The original income tax form was a single page and everyone paid a flat percentage. It is now a lifelong career to understand, interpret, and take full advantage of the Tax Code.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Except it's on a 2.0t, it only works if you have enough battery, it doesn't sound like a supercharger, and it weighs like 600lbs+ extra. But other than that, maybe?
I dont think you all understand how it works. It regulates useage and regeneration. We get about 28 mph full electric, bit if you turn it on hybrid it supplements power forthe whole time. And it will show the charge depleted, but it keeps enuff in reserve it can still suplement the two liter for a long time. On top of that the two liter is no slouch. It will pull the jeep adequate enough. We have yet to be on full gas even with a 300 mile drive.
Sponsored