First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Any pictures of how and where the frame brackets attach to the frame. Wish there was a video of an install.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Very nice upgrade that's also on my to-do list!

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance
What are the size of part number of the torx bolts that attach the rail to the frame bracket and the rail to the bumper? I know there are 3 that go into each rail to mount to he bracket.

Sower3213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxxx
What are the size of part number of the torx bolts that attach the rail to the frame bracket and the rail to the bumper? I know there are 3 that go into each rail to mount to he bracket.
You need 5 small and 1 large bolt for each side. I just took the diagram photo to my local Jeep deal - Jim Click in Tucson (Great parts dept) and they knew exactly what I needed. I’m sure your local folks can take care of you.

2E4C8959-0D02-4886-9386-4E4A01C17893.jpeg

F486EA8E-7999-4CF2-91FE-6398C43217C2.jpg

E5F7F21C-20E7-44A6-8433-BF5AF7C93F7A.jpeg

Sponsored

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Got lucky, came across a JT Rubicon take off rear bumper, that I will be installing soon, now I won't have to trim the factory rear plastic bumper.

FrankW GOBI

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self-Employed
Hey Im wondering if someone could give me the exact bolts that i need to order to install the bracket onto the frame. It looks like two short bolts and one long one that comes through the other way. Im just not sure and am done searching for the right ones. Thank you in advance!

FrankW GOBI

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self-Employed
You need 5 small and 1 large bolt for each side. I just took the diagram photo to my local Jeep deal - Jim Click in Tucson (Great parts dept) and they knew exactly what I needed. I’m sure your local folks can take care of you.

Jeep Gladiator Installing Mopar Rear Bed Rock Rails on Overland and Sport Gladiators E5F7F21C-20E7-44A6-8433-BF5AF7C93F7A

Jeep Gladiator Installing Mopar Rear Bed Rock Rails on Overland and Sport Gladiators E5F7F21C-20E7-44A6-8433-BF5AF7C93F7A

So im gathering that I need 2 long bolts one for each side and 4 short bolts to mount it to the frame of the truck. My question is, is it bolt 4 or 7 in the picture?

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
There seem to be NO affordable options, here. Even aftermarket solutions are crazy expensive. They cost as much or more than side rails and they’re a fraction of the size. I just don’t get it...

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed a set on my Sport S. I started on the passenger side and used my Dremel and cut off disc .... it was a PIA so when I moved over to the driver side I used a hole saw for the radius cuts. The second side went much faster. I did find it easier to first remove the inner steel plate from the bumper ... then remove inner plastic corner plate. There are some white plastic clips you'll need to remove. If you take care they will pop right out ... otherwise you'll break the tabs on the actual corner piece. I did this and had to reconnect using some push tabs.

Hardware required or what I used .... ten (10) M10 bolts and two M12x1.75x40mm

I have also ordered some of the 1/8" automotive trim that I might install ....

Jeep Gladiator Installing Mopar Rear Bed Rock Rails on Overland and Sport Gladiators {filename}

Jeep Gladiator Installing Mopar Rear Bed Rock Rails on Overland and Sport Gladiators {filename}

GRAVLER

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
I wanted to share my experience doing this install on my 2021 Overland with proximity sensors.

Like the OP said, there are two brackets ( one metal held in with 2 15mm bolts and one nut, and one plastic bracket) that are inside of the bumper on either side that need to be removed before you start trimming the bumper. (for some reason i missed this step when reading this before starting my install). The plastic bracket is a bit of a pain to pull out. It is attached by a plastic pin at the top, and a plastic pin attached to the side bumper. Since i knew i wouldn’t be needing to keep these brackets i ended up cutting the pins and used some muscle to pull the brackets out. The proximity sensor wire is also mounted to the plastic bracket so just pull out the pin that the wire is attached to before you start yanking on the bracket.

Once the brackets are out you can start mocking up where you would need to trim the bumper. See my before and after photos below for reference. I used a rotozip to do the bulk of the trimming (which was overkill, but i don’t own a dremmel), and then i used a 60 or 80 grit sanding drum attached to a drill to do the fine tuning and finishing (this worked out very well. I probably could have done the whole thing using the sanding drum. You can get a pack of sanding drums from Harbor Freight for like $7) . https://www.harborfreight.com/sanding-drum-kit-20-pc-60741.html

After the trimming was finished, i added rubber trim to finish it off which really makes it look factory. Here’s a link to the trim i used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BWKCUAO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_r2t1Fb2X3T8QP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I’m very happy with how it turned out. Just take your time trimming and you’ll be fine. Hopefully my detailed photos will be a good baseline for you.

One thing to note. Although these will definitely save your fenders. Your spare tire and muffler are still the lowest points on the truck bed. Anyone ever think of chopping their muffler or have recommendations on aftermarket short exhaust?

Sponsored