Sponsored

Pulling to the right - Tried a bunch of crap

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
Alright. I have a Rubicon JT. After doing some wheeling in Moab I decided I needed a bit more ground clearance. I get home and order 315's and mopar lift. The minute I pull out of the tire shop the trucks pulling to the right, not a drift to the right, a pull. I figure my mopar lift is going on in two days Ill wait until Im done with the install and do an alignment.

I install the lift along with the daystar leveling kit ( was already on ) and I install an adjustable front trac bar. Still pulls to the right.

I schedule an alignment. Front passenger caster is like 3.8 ( out of spec ) front driver 4.3, everything else looks good. Still pulls after an alignment.

I return to the tire shop and have the tires mounted and balanced again as well as rotated, still pulls.

I then pull my fox stabilizer and put the stock one back on. Still pulls.

I then purchase front lower adjustable control arms from metalcloak. I set these up for between 3 to 3.5 in lift ( mopar 2" plus 1.5 leveling front 3/4 in rear). Truck still pulls to the right.

I still have one day left on my return window for the tires, I initiate a return and drive to discount tire to buy something else. At the very beginning of all of this the tires pulled the minute they were put on without any other modifications so I figure it has to be them. New 315's mounted and road force balanced.................... still pulling to the right.

Ive read every thread I can find on here as well as the JL forum and Im at a loss.

So Ive got
Mopar 2" lift
1.5 daystar leveling front and 3/4 rear
315/70-17 mt tires
fox 2.0 stabilizer
adjustable front trac bar
metalcloak front lower adjustable arms.

Any thoughts or ideas, really don't want to keep throwing money at it.
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Alright. I have a Rubicon JT. After doing some wheeling in Moab I decided I needed a bit more ground clearance. I get home and order 315's and mopar lift. The minute I pull out of the tire shop the trucks pulling to the right, not a drift to the right, a pull. I figure my mopar lift is going on in two days Ill wait until Im done with the install and do an alignment.

I install the lift along with the daystar leveling kit ( was already on ) and I install an adjustable front trac bar. Still pulls to the right.

I schedule an alignment. Front passenger caster is like 3.8 ( out of spec ) front driver 4.3, everything else looks good. Still pulls after an alignment.

I return to the tire shop and have the tires mounted and balanced again as well as rotated, still pulls.

I then pull my fox stabilizer and put the stock one back on. Still pulls.

I then purchase front lower adjustable control arms from metalcloak. I set these up for between 3 to 3.5 in lift ( mopar 2" plus 1.5 leveling front 3/4 in rear). Truck still pulls to the right.

I still have one day left on my return window for the tires, I initiate a return and drive to discount tire to buy something else. At the very beginning of all of this the tires pulled the minute they were put on without any other modifications so I figure it has to be them. New 315's mounted and road force balanced.................... still pulling to the right.

Ive read every thread I can find on here as well as the JL forum and Im at a loss.

So Ive got
Mopar 2" lift
1.5 daystar leveling front and 3/4 rear
315/70-17 mt tires
fox 2.0 stabilizer
adjustable front trac bar
metalcloak front lower adjustable arms.

Any thoughts or ideas, really don't want to keep throwing money at it.
If you didn't have a pull before the tires went on then you most likley have a tire with a slipped belt. Swap the front tires from left to right and see if it goes away or the pull changes side. The tire shop should be happy to help if you explain what you are experiencing

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
If you didn't have a pull before the tires went on then you most likley have a tire with a slipped belt. Swap the front tires from left to right and see if it goes away or the pull changes side. The tire shop should be happy to help if you explain what you are experiencing
He already bought a new set of tires...

Kevin

OP
OP
Hurley82

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya original set of new tires were rotated and then rebalanced as well. Issue persisted. Swapped tires with completely new, different brand etc. still doing it.
I just reread a handful of threads with the same issue and I’m not seeing much that I missed. I’m getting the new steering gear in a couple weeks but I can’t imagine that’ll help.

Sponsored

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Are they toyo mt tires? I’ve heard people that put them on JTs and have complained about them pulling to the right.

Reactions: Mac

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
From what you have described and tried, there is a mechanical issue in the front end. It could be brakes, bearings, or linkage. You will need to find a good shop to give the whole front end a thorough inspection.

It's not much help now, but your first mistake was not going right back to the tire shop. If it was fine when it went in, and pulling when it came out, then they did something to the truck, or there is an issue with the wheels and tires. With all the other work done since, you can't push the responsibility on them to fix it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hurley82

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what you have described and tried, there is a mechanical issue in the front end. It could be brakes, bearings, or linkage. You will need to find a good shop to give the whole front end a thorough inspection.

It's not much help now, but your first mistake was not going right back to the tire shop. If it was fine when it went in, and pulling when it came out, then they did something to the truck, or there is an issue with the wheels and tires. With all the other work done since, you can't push the responsibility on them to fix it.
Thanks ya I think I’m just going to need to book a slot with the local 4wd shop and have them run through the lift instal and whatnot. Frustrating but at this point probably better than randomly tossing parts at it. On the bright side hopefully between the adjustable trac bar and control arms and possibly loosening and retorquing everything they can dial it in.

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Good luck...I have had the same issue for over a year. It's been to 3 dealers, it's been to two different 4wd shops specializing in Jeeps...NOTTA!!!!! Still pulls to the right....

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
And I've had the TSB done....didn't change a thing. I have similar set-up with Metalcloak 2.5, upgraded stabilizer, 35's and upgraded shocks.

OregonTrail

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Communications Tech
Mine drifts to the right. Not bad but, I need to test it on a flat surface; all the roads are crowned here.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Did the alignment shop do anything to correct your .5° caster lead? That will cause a pull and so will the Fox IFP stabilizer unless you relocate it with a kit like Synergy offers.
Sponsored