Sponsored

Why not buy a full size truck for the same price?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Rock Crawl Mode, as well as other drive modes, limited slip front diff, locking rear diff, 33" water fording specification, etc. etc. It's hard to do all of that through the aftermarket for less money. And, with the Tremor you get the full factory warranty.

If I got a F-250, I'd get the Tremor package and call it a day. 35s are plenty and the peace of mind would be nice.

Dodge owner happy with the spendy Tremor package saying "35s are plenty"

I got a full factory warranty, drive modes and more. Enjoy your "if I got" truck
Sponsored

NVBM65

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sheet Metal Local 88
New to the Gladiator world, has YJ's (3), XJ's (2), JK's (2) - loved our last JK (Rubicon), all except for the transmission and inability to haul...... traded for the Power Wagon... love it to much to get rid of, so we added a the Gladiator to make sure we had both, we now have small trails and large trails covered lol (the PW is referred to as the "trail whale" around the house :))

4 lockers and 2 sway bar disconnects ;)

Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a full size truck for the same price? 20210328_112149

Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a full size truck for the same price? 20200919_123510_HDR

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
A) I already have a full-sized truck.
2) Wanted an small truck to use as a toad, so it had to be light enough & have the right drive train.
III) Domestic manufacturer.

That really narrows the field! Especially since I didn't care much for the Ranger.

Kevin

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
I was looking at the Ford Raptor or the Rubicon Gladiator. My wife asked me to get the smaller truck

FormerToyotaGuy

First Name
Acen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Legislative
I was thinkin g full size, but I really didn't need a full size truck. I test drove Ford, GM, Ram, Toyota and Nissan. The Toyota was way too dated, the GM interior didn't feel all that great, and I normally am a GM guy. I liked the Ford, Ram and Titan. However, in a world of ever shrinking parking spaces especially width, the Gladiator seemed more my size. Plus the Gladiator can still go down Jeep size trails and haul things every now and then.
I had a 2016 Tacoma, great truck but hated sitting on the floor. I wasn't a fan of the latest Toyota v6's power delivery. I think both the Colorado and Ranger are absolutely UGLY. I have had Jeeps in the past I like how the tops /doors come off and that they are pretty much adult Lego's. You can just keep adding stuff to it.

Oh forgot I also test drove the Ridgeline, which wouldn't work for me but seemed like a decently built (El Camino:) with decent interior room....too bad its not real four wheel drive and has car like ground clearance.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Dodge owner happy with the spendy Tremor package saying "35s are plenty"

I got a full factory warranty, drive modes and more. Enjoy your "if I got" truck
Dodge? Dodge hasn't built trucks in over a decade. Where have you been?

What you got was a truck that is a run-of-the-mill Super Duty like the other 900,000 Super Dutys on the road with an aftermarket lift and wheels/tires. The guys buying Tremors are getting something with higher resale and a much better starting point for an off-road truck.

Includes:
• 4.30 Electronic Locking Final Drive Ratio (7.3L Gas Engine only
• 3.55 Electronic Locking final Drive Ratio (6.7L Diesel Engine only
• 35” Off-Road Tire – LT285/75R18
• 18” Low-Gloss Black Painted Wheel
• Lane-Keeping Alert
• Unique Front Springs – Ride Height Increase
• Rear Electronic Locking Differential
• Front Limited Slip Differential
• Performance Front & Rear Shock Absorb
• Power Driver seat (8-Way) with Rear Under-Seat Storage (XLT only)
• Off-Road Running Boards – Textured Matte Finish
• Skid Plates – Transfer Case and Fuel Tank
• Unique Front Air Dams – Approach Angle Improvement
• Water Fording Vent Tubes – Transfer Case & Axle
• Rock Crawl Mode
• Trail Control Mode
• Tremor Off-Road Decal
• Spare – Conventional Road Wheel
• LT285/75R 18E BSW Spare Tire
• Wheellip Molding – Body-Color

All of that for $3,900 bucks before discounts and rebates? And you're calling that "spendy" after spending nearly the same amount on nothing but a lift, wheels, and tires? C'mon man.. get outta' here with that. The Tremor package is effectively the best deal on the order sheet. A guy would spend more than that for the differentials alone through the aftermarket.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
It's still a Dodge with Dodge "quality" :asshat:

Oh, and thanks for the incredible insight into the Tremor package :asshat:

Must be tough for you to own a Dodge truck and feeling the need to put down 900,000 Super Duty owners :LOL:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey :asshat: you need to stick with Dodge trucks. The Tremor is a $3,900 package for this:

• 4.30 Electronic Locking Final Drive Ratio (7.3L Gas Engine only
• 3.55 Electronic Locking final Drive Ratio (6.7L Diesel Engine only <-- Got this
• 35” Off-Road Tire – LT285/75R18 <-- Got 37x12.50/R20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires instead
• 18” Low-Gloss Black Painted Wheel <--Black wheels are so 2000

Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a full size truck for the same price? 2021-03-11 F350 BDS lift with Gladiator - 1

• Lane-Keeping Alert <-- Got this
• Unique Front Springs – Ride Height Increase <-- Got more than this with the 2.5" BDS Suspension Lift
• Rear Electronic Locking Differential <-- Got this
• Front Limited Slip Differential <-- Hey :asshat: this is a friction clutch style LSD made by Dana - works with the ABS to apply brakes to spinning wheel
• Performance Front & Rear Shock Absorb <-- Got aftermarket Fox Shocks with BDS Suspension Lift
• Power Driver seat (8-Way) with Rear Under-Seat Storage (XLT only) <-- Got this
• Off-Road Running Boards – Textured Matte Finish <-- Got Power Steps (don't want Raptor-style running boards on a Super Duty)
• Skid Plates – Transfer Case and Fuel Tank <-- Got this
• Unique Front Air Dams – Approach Angle Improvement <-- "Approach Angle Improvement" :CWL:$120 for the Tremor's tiny front air dam if you want it (most are going with the 2WD front air dam)
• Water Fording Vent Tubes – Transfer Case & Axle <-- Really?! Do you have any idea how few people can use this or need this?! And how little it would cost to add this?!
• Rock Crawl Mode <-- Got this - hey :asshat: all Super Duty models featuring the diesel engine have a 44:1 crawl ratio
• Trail Control Mode <-- You know what this is? It's a braking function to control the wheels. "Trail control lets you focus on steering during low-speed and off-road use by controlling your vehicle's acceleration and braking."
• Tremor Off-Road Decal <-- It's a DECAL :clap:
• Spare – Conventional Road Wheel <-- Got this
• LT285/75R 18E BSW Spare Tire <-- Got this
• Wheellip Molding – Body-Color <-- HA HA HA

Sponsored

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
when a full size can take the top and doors off. let me know. until then... keep on jeepin on

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
I sold a 2008 Tundra 4WD to move into my new Mojave. The Tundra is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned or probably will ever own. It was an extended cab 5.7L with 380 something HP and very comfortable and capable off road except for its long wheelbase. It towed like a dream and you could easily forget your travel trailer was even back there. I sold it with 93k miles and it was hardly broken in.

It was also very boring and after 13yrs I still couldn't park in a typical parking space with a car on each side, the wheelbase was long requiring extra thought when parking and the hood was so damn high it was hard to judge what your about to run over. It was also boring.

I knew I was giving up some comfort, reliability and power going with the Jeep but I needed a change and wanted something smaller and more fun. I think I have that now.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not going to lie, with Jeep resale values being what they are right now, I've toyed with the idea of a RAM Rebel with the diesel. It would make an incredibly capable overland platform, and a much more efficient and comfortable daily driver. Not that the JT isn't capable, and it's an absolute blast to drive and own, but when companies are offering me $5k more for it with 14,000 miles, than I paid for it new, and RAM is running a 0% interest offer...it makes for a tempting deal.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
If gladiator is a Swiss army knife according to you, the constant issues that many owners have experienced do make gladiator a problematic Swiss army knife! Lol
A lot more owners have no problems and have nothing to report. Owners with problems are more likely to pipe up. My impression is that the vast majority of JT/JL owners are pretty happy. But I hear you. Also - my other point is that it is a swiss army knife. It does some things really well, and a lot of things pretty well. The main advantage is that you have all the tools and its there with you. A specialized tool (like an F350 dually diesel) can be better, but you lose the flexibility.
Sponsored