Sponsored

Z96 High Pressure Fuel Pump Recall!!!!!!

OP
OP
CreepyJeepy

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
Did you ever let the truck run out of fuel or not prime fuel system after fuel filter change? Just curious if any air ever got to the pump that you know of.
There was a post by Keith Diesel a few days ago that goes into the different pressure states / PCM control over the pump. There were some very reveling components of that post. Frankly I think GDE has a very good understanding of how the pump fails, and potential pressure modes that may lead to it.

I'll continue to use LX4, but honestly these pumps have engineering issues that need to be resolved. I'm looking forward to a replacement pump and GDE tune.
Sponsored

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Man, this is a total bummer.... I was on the cusp of buying the diesel as I love the driving dynamics but demurred after reading about the maintenance costs and reliability concerns. So much for fuel economy when you can't use a full tank or hypothetical 300k mile reliability when you might get stranded without warning.

Hope you all get a real fix sooner than later.

KEG2021

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk willys, 2021 Jeep jt
Occupation
Welder
So it does suck for use 3.0 guys, but I also owned a 3.6 that had the tick noise and had a engine swap so seems to me they have issues on both ends. But love my 3.0 wouldn’t go back..

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Anyone have any luck on a dealer saying they have the z96 parts in stock and ready to install?

Sponsored

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
Anyone have any luck on a dealer saying they have the z96 parts in stock and ready to install?
I was told the second quarter of 2023 by my service writer who I have a really good relationship with.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
I asked today at service and was told they did not know...

Question, i do long road trips, i take my jeep deep into the Colorado backcountry mountains. What would happen if im faw away from paved roads and the fuel pump fails. Is Jeep going to pay to send a tech up into the mountains to fix the jeep? Tow it out.... There is a know issue and its be 4 months and no fix....

Does Jeep road side cover costs incurred from a break down... Like if I have to rent a Jeep to continue my trip?

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)

Question, i do long road trips, i take my jeep deep into the Colorado backcountry mountains. What would happen if im faw away from paved roads and the fuel pump fails. Is Jeep going to pay to send a tech up into the mountains to fix the jeep? Tow it out.... There is a know issue and its be 4 months and no fix....

Does Jeep road side cover costs incurred from a break down... Like if I have to rent a Jeep to continue my trip?
@jeepwave @JeepCares can you clarify the coverage in this scenario ?

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift

you are screwed and on the hook to cover any costs you may occur due to a failure. Keep your receipts and then try to negotiate a settlement after it's all said and done. But if you think jeep is going to give you a golden parachute, then think again.

If you dig through the discussions on this forum about similar hardships, the standard seems to be, jeep takes claims on a case by case basis related to how much noise you make. Then sometime the dealership covers some stuff on their own dime to help retain customer happiness.

End of the day go find a secondary warranty/insurance policy that covers the risks you are unwilling to bear outright.

Last edited:

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
you are screwed and on the hook to cover any costs you may occur due to a failure. Keep your receipts and then try to negotiate a settlement after it's all said and done. But if you think jeep is going to give you a golden parachute, then think again.
I would not need a parachute. I would need a helicopter lift. Are those hooks on the front and rear of the jeep rated for overhead lifting like on the hood of the hummer?

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
I would not need a parachute. I would need a helicopter lift. Are those hooks on the front and rear of the jeep rated for overhead lifting like on the hood of the hummer?
Sling loading a JT?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
@JeepCares when are the parts for this recall going to be available?

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
FYSA - getting my Jeep wave service done right now. Service crew said parts for this recall still are not available. No updates.

Overland-2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security
After waiting and waiting for parts to be available I finally called the dealer.
I was told there is no parts to replace - it is a software update.
Seems odd to me
Sponsored