LAJEEPR

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been waiting for this. I’m okay with the 5100s if they perform comparably to the set on my JKU which had a heavy constant load and high COG (Gobi rack, RTT). I also had the Geometry Brackets and those definitely improved the on-road handling for daily driving. If you do more off the grid camping and less rock crawling, these AEV lifts are a great way to go. One noticeable item missing in the kit is an adjustable track bar. I’d add one to get the front axle centered correctly. Steer Smarts Yeti HD is a good way to go there. That said, I’m not in a rush to be first. Might wait until others have installed and provided feedback.

LAJEEPR

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Also, pretty sure the reason behind the 5100s is to keep the price down. 8100s would almost double the cost of the kit. Still available aftermarket, Tuned for the JT.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Not a huge fan of the 5100s they ride harsh and corrode pretty badly, I had these on my Tundra, at least they are cheap. My friend put Fox shocks on his JK at around the same time and they look a lot better with little corrosion.
Jeep Gladiator AEV Releases JT 2.5 DualSport RT Suspension System 80D09724-4203-4A47-A7DE-09C93249E91F

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Surprised AEV would go with control arm relocation brackets.
Why? The stock control arms work well and rarely fail, by using relocation brackets you can adjust caster for the lift exactly.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I got a JKS lift with front LCAs and front track bar for $1200 thanks to my mechanic ordering the parts. AEV is too damn high at $1600 considering it leaves those parts out.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I guess. Its not a replacement for adjustable control arms and I’d rather trust strength of frame and axle than stamped brackets.
AEV (and their lift products formerly branded as Nth Degree) pioneered the bolt-on geometry correction brackets. While they aren’t for every application, they do reduce the harshness of the ride which is created by increased control arm angles. That said, I think the JT rides great with mild lifts.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
I just want to try out the frequency tuned springs. If they can actually tame concrete / expansion joint roads I'd be amazed. I'm running Clayton 2.5" fronts and 3.5" rears (due to 600lb constant load) and I'm at exactly 3.0" lift at all four corners. AEV is claiming that their triple rate rear springs are designed for a load/towing but unless they are as tall as the Clayton's and running a comparable spring rate I don't see how they will give a true 2.5" lift in the rear. AEV won't release spring rates (frustrating) but I believe Clayton's are the highest on the market right now and they barely cut it. Hoping that AEV will come out with an HD version as well but given the amount of time it took to market with the standard version, who knows if 2021 would even be a good estimate.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I have my eye on this. I really do like the fit and finish of AEV stuff and this looks perfect for my use case. I do with it had a front track bar and rear relo bracket at least. AEV is one of few suspension companies that talks about spring/shock tuning and natural frequencies of their suspensions.

Not a huge fan of the 5100s they ride harsh and corrode pretty badly, I had these on my Tundra, at least they are cheap. My friend put Fox shocks on his JK at around the same time and they look a lot better with little corrosion.
Jeep Gladiator AEV Releases JT 2.5 DualSport RT Suspension System 80D09724-4203-4A47-A7DE-09C93249E91F
From what I understand the 5100s AEV provides are custom valved to their springs. Not to say it won't be a harsh ride but it might not be the same as OTS 5100s. That corrosion does look rough though. I wonder if they would have survived better without the boot trapping dirt and moisture? I know it was always a big debate about pros/cons of shock boots.

njjeepthing

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blinkerfluidproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Event Planner
Think about it! Who built the Brute? Don't you think they have some knowledge of the platform by now? The relocation brackets are used on all their kits and work well. I agreed a front track bar would also be a nice add on to the kit, I believe the recommend the Yeti kits. I have had at least 3 Jeeps with AEV kits, and they all worked just fine on and offroad.
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac