Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Recall notice just issued by NHTSA:

Subject : Clutch Pressure Plate May Overheat

Your vehicle MAY be involved in a safety recall and MAY create a safety risk for you or your passengers. If left unrepaired, a potential safety defect could lead to injury or even death. Safety defects must be repaired by a dealer at no cost to you.

Why am I getting this email?
You are receiving this message because you requested to be notified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) if there is a safety recall that mayaffect your vehicle.

The following may apply to one or more of your vehicles if your vehicle is listed below. Click on the NHTSA Recall ID Number below to read more about the safety issue and the reason for the recall.

To find out if your specific passenger vehicle is included in the recall, use our VIN Look-up Tool.

NHTSA Recall ID Number :23V116
Manufacturer :Chrysler (FCA US, LLC)
Subject :Clutch Pressure Plate May Overheat
MakeModelModel Years
JEEPGLADIATOR2020-2023
JEEPWRANGLER2018-2023

What is a recall?
When a manufacturer or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) determines that a vehicle creates an unreasonable risk to safety or fails to meet minimum safety standards, the manufacturer is required to fix that vehicle at no cost to the owner. That can be done by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund (for equipment) or, in rare cases, repurchasing the car.

What should I do if my vehicle is included in this recall?
If your vehicle is included in this recall, it is very important that you get it fixed as soon as possible given the potential danger to you and your passengers if it is not addressed. You should receive a separate letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, notifying you of the recall and explaining when the remedy will be available, whom to contact to repair your vehicle, and to remind you that the repair will be done at no charge to you. If you believe your vehicle is included in the recall, but you do not receive a letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, please call NHTSA's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236, or contact your vehicle manufacturer or dealership.

Thank you for your attention to this important safety matter and for your commitment to helping save lives on America's roadways.

Additional Resources
Understanding Vehicle Recalls
Recalls FAQ

Thank you,

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
United States Department of Transportation

1677761715242-png.png
Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Interesting. I wonder if they are going to fix it for real this time. My 2019 JLU had a M/T and went in for one of the earlier recalls. It consisted of putting a sheath around the hydraulic line.
My JT has an auto. Thank goodness.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
So they finally admit they have a problem that they have known about for years, and yet they still do not have a remedy. I have already replaced the clutch in my wife’s JLR with a Centerforce. I do not expect to get reimbursed anything, but it would be nice.

Sponsored

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
3rd ones the charm? I only wanted a manual until the 1st recall then ended up buying an auto after seeing they weren't addressing the actual root of the problem.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Lol, they continued to build the 2023 the same way without addressing the potential defects? I wonder if it actually is just the clutch? This should be fun, I'll probably be receiving the letter shortly.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I still have not gone in for my 1st clutch recall. When they actually have some upgraded parts I'll take it in for all 3. I'm actually glad to see this, maybe 3rd times a charm.

Medical_Bartender

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
My VIN looks clean as of right now. 🤞🏼

5500 on my 2022 currently. Will do centerforce after a year or two when I don’t care as much about the warranty.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
My VIN looks clean as of right now. 🤞🏼

5500 on my 2022 currently. Will do centerforce after a year or two when I don’t care as much about the warranty.
Clutches are a replacement item for manual transmissions. They do not effect warranty!

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
So I'm assuming replacing the clutch with an aftermarket one will not fix it?

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I'm guessing this is too new for it to have our VINs inputted. Mine still shows the other 2 but not this newest one.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
So I'm assuming replacing the clutch with an aftermarket one will not fix it?
The design of the stock clutch is the problem, not a manufacturing defect!

Replacing the clutch with aftermarket certainly solved my overheating issues.
Sponsored