JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Diesel, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler
Response from Mishimoto...

Thanks for the E-mail! Unfortunately, at this time we do not plan to offer a line of direct fit products for the diesel Gladiator. I am sorry for any inconvenience. However, I will be happy to add your information to our product suggestion list! If we do decide to come out with a product that matches your description, we will be sure to contact you!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks,

Pat Muschamp
Mishimoto Automotive
Sponsored

Hondo1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Oil and gas
Response from Mishimoto...

Thanks for the E-mail! Unfortunately, at this time we do not plan to offer a line of direct fit products for the diesel Gladiator. I am sorry for any inconvenience. However, I will be happy to add your information to our product suggestion list! If we do decide to come out with a product that matches your description, we will be sure to contact you!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks,

Pat Muschamp
Mishimoto Automotive
He must have copy and pasted the same email to me. Lol

Hondo1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil and gas
Picked the JT up tonight after getting 4:56’s installed. It already feels great, 24mpg from Denver to Windsor on I-25. Also updated the Tazer and now have manual control over my cooling fan.
I will be dragging a 26 foot camper from Windsor to Silverton next week, I’ll report my results.
Also relocated the horns.

OP
OP
jeepin48

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Picked the JT up tonight after getting 4:56’s installed. It already feels great, 24mpg from Denver to Windsor on I-25. Also updated the Tazer and now have manual control over my cooling fan.
I will be dragging a 26 foot camper from Windsor to Silverton next week, I’ll report my results.
Sweet setup!

Do you mind explaining how the fan control should work? Is this only the "cool down mode" or will it work while driving? Does it allow you to set a lower tun on point or just an additional "ON" switch? I assume the OE on/off logic still remains in place as a safety and this turns on extra early or in addition to the OE?

Hondo1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil and gas
Sweet setup!

Do you mind explaining how the fan control should work? Is this only the "cool down mode" or will it work while driving? Does it allow you to set a lower tun on point or just an additional "ON" switch? I assume the OE on/off logic still remains in place as a safety and this turns on extra early or in addition to the OE?
This is the recent Tazer update on the cool down feature, can be used with engine on and driving.
While headed back from Denver last night traffic was doing the slinky B.S. from 55-80mph coolant temps were 217*, I turned on the fan and it dropped the coolant temp to 201* in roughly 3 minutes. The real test will be towing over six mountain passes next week.
In colder weather the JT pulls the trailer below with no issues, the picture is on Rabbit Ears pass, I was able to pull it as fast I wanted to. My goal is to get this set up to pull like that year round.
BA082936-11C9-41FB-86EE-06264E7CA568.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Diesel, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler
This is the recent Tazer update on the cool down feature, can be used with engine on and driving.
While headed back from Denver last night traffic was doing the slinky B.S. from 55-80mph coolant temps were 217*, I turned on the fan and it dropped the coolant temp to 201* in roughly 3 minutes. The real test will be towing over six mountain passes next week.
In colder weather the JT pulls the trailer below with no issues, the picture is on Rabbit Ears pass, I was able to pull it as fast I wanted to. My goal is to get this set up to pull like that year round.
When does the fan normally turn on? And the Tazer's function works when the engine running and driving? I ask b/c their description of it says "Cooldown mode: Turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on, engine not running"

I'm definitely interested in your pass towing test. I have yet to tow our camper over a pass in the heat and am very nervous.

Hondo1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil and gas
When does the fan normally turn on? And the Tazer's function works when the engine running and driving? I ask b/c their description of it says "Cooldown mode: Turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on, engine not running"

I'm definitely interested in your pass towing test. I have yet to tow our camper over a pass in the heat and am very nervous.
The latest firmware update was in early June you can now turn the fan on while driving with “cool down mode” I’m not sure when the fan typically turns on, I have never heard it turn on until I was derated and going slow enough to hear it. Haha

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I can’t imagine turning the fan on early is going to help. The ECU already turns it on when it’s needed.

Hondo1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil and gas
I can’t imagine turning the fan on early is going to help. The ECU already turns it on when it’s needed.
From what I could gather in other forums the fan comes on at 230*. If I could hit a grade at 200* vs the roughly 220* that it normally runs then I may get up the grade without the derate. Hopefully.
I’m looking forward to seeing what next week brings. Between gears, functional hood vents, horn relocation, and manual control of the cooling fan I should see some improvement. If not……… well I will be very disappointed to say the least. Lol

Pike1892

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
I cant wait to hear your towing results. I am new, what are the horns and where did you relocate them?

Sponsored

Pike1892

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As mentioned above the oil filter from Insane Diesel, https://insanediesel.com/collection...gler-3-0l-ecodiesel-bypass-oil-filtration-kit

They are not far from me here in Utah and I am going to work with them on their kit and make some addition's to it. I will use the filter housing kit and plan to change the 6-JIC push lock smaller hose to an 8-AN fitting with 1/2" hose. Then route it from the filter to an external cooler with a fan then back into the oil filler cap. Probably locate both filter and cooler under the bed, I need to get under and look around first.

Jeep Gladiator Diesel cooling options and ideas EcoDiesel-30-Bypass-Oil-Filter-Installation-Guide_1024x1024

Jeep Gladiator Diesel cooling options and ideas Ecodiesel-Ram1500-Grand-Cherokee-Bypass-Oil-Filter-Pressure-Cap-Installation-2-705x705-2_600x600

Jeep Gladiator Diesel cooling options and ideas Ecodiesel-Bypass-Oil-Filter-Cap-705x705-3_600x600

You can see in the instructions below the pressure sensor that you can also tap into in the filter housing. I figured the oil filter location was better than the pressure port on the bracket.
https://insanediesel.com/pages/ecodiesel-3-0l-bypass-oil-filter-installation

Jeep Gladiator Diesel cooling options and ideas EcoDiesel-30-Bypass-Oil-Filter-Installation-Guide_1024x1024 (1)

Hondo1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil and gas
As mentioned above the oil filter from Insane Diesel, they are not far from me and I am going to work with them on their kit and add more to it. I will use the filter housing kit and plan to change the 6-JIC push lock smaller hose to an 8-AN fitting with 1/2" hose. Then route it from the filter to an external cooler with a fan then back into the oil filler cap. Probably locate both filter and cooler under the bed, I need to get under and look around first.

You can see in the instructions below the pressure sensor that you can also tap into in the filter housing. I figured the oil filter location was better than the pressure port on the bracket.
https://insanediesel.com/pages/ecodiesel-3-0l-bypass-oil-filter-installation
The only problem I have with this set up is typically a bypass set up is only filtering or in this case cooling about 10% of the flow. I’m not sure if that is enough to make a meaningful difference.
As for the horn relocation, there are two horns placed in the upper corns of the cooling stack, I brought them into the engine bay by the fan shroud for now, more for proof of concept. If it works out I’ll find a better place to mount them.

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
8.5x24' enclosed trailer loaded front to back. Ambient temp. 90ish degrees. Heat index near 100 degrees. I-64 west to I-65 north to I-74 west headed to Badlands off road park. Speeds around 65 MPH. Stiff cross winds at times.

Coolant temps were in 220s. Trans hung out around 200. I'm actually thrilled with this performance.

tjZ06

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 JGC Overland 4.7 HO, '18 JGC Trackhawk 6.2 SC
Occupation
Tech
Jeep Gladiator Diesel cooling options and ideas EcoDiesel-30-Bypass-Oil-Filter-Installation-Guide_1024x1024 (1)
Really looking forward to hearing your results, also great looking Gladi!

-TJ

Pike1892

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only problem I have with this set up is typically a bypass set up is only filtering or in this case cooling about 10% of the flow. I’m not sure if that is enough to make a meaningful difference.
As for the horn relocation, there are to horn place in the upper corns of the cooling stack, I brought them into the engine bay by the fan shroud for now, more for proof of concept. If it works out I’ll find a better place to mount them.
Yes I agree but eventually all oil will get filtered, and adding a inline cooler to this will help. Unfortunately this is all we have currently and I haven't seen any other ideas yet unless you have a better idea where to tap for oil cooling?

I am still not sure about the horns, do you have a picture?
Sponsored