Sponsored

New auxiliary switch bank

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Like someone else said, neat idea, needs to evolve a hair. I get the red side dedicating two to the lockers, but the 4 black and 2 red having very specific labels is a no go for me. I'm not pushing "side" to light my reverse lights or the aux fuel tank" button to turn on rock lights. Make it generic aux 1-4 black and aux a-d on red and I'm there. Let ME decide what I'm using these buttons for, I don't need user labels either. Make it universal.
Seems like they rushed this to market.

I sent a message inviting the manuf. to come on this thread and splain things. We shall see.
Sponsored

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Looks good! Aside from the goofy labels haha. I like the idea of having a few extra hot lines that are easy to tap into, like you said, xmas decorations or new add ons, etc. The rough country one looks like it feeds straight off the battery, so you can avoid canbus goofiness.

Any advice or tips on install for someone whos going to order it? thanks man.
No special advice. Yes the RC feeds off the battery, which is what I wanted. You DO have to remember to shut things off, although it does have low-voltage cutoff. I haven't tested that yet. The only problem with the install was the final fitment of the panel to the dash. Had one corner that wanted to stay high from flush, and I didn't want to push too hard. Went out several days later after the cab had sat in the sun and it was flush.

This kit looks nice and OEM, but I sure would have to come up with something to attach to the RJ12 port.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Since my plan is to only power a set of front spotlights and a set of driving lights the switches work well even if they come labeled.
The OEM switches without any of the electrical stuff cost about $40 online. I figure I could probably swap them over somehow and have the auxiliary 1-4 labels

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Since my plan is to only power a set of front spotlights and a set of driving lights the switches work well even if they come labeled.
The OEM switches without any of the electrical stuff cost about $40 online. I figure I could probably swap them over somehow and have the auxiliary 1-4 labels
Ooo I like that idea. Let me know how that goes. I wonder if the factory switches might plug into this somehow, that'd be even better.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
The factory ones positioned on the right side of the cluster are at a different orientation so i doubt they are switchable.

However i do not see why they would not work without a bit of modification

O|||||O

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My kit came in the other day and I got everything installed yesterday. I ordered the passenger side kit and like the one posted earlier in this thread my buttons came labeled with front, side, roof and spot. This is a little annoying to me as the website showed the buttons labeled aux 1-4, but not the end of the world. I'm going to email them today and see if they offer any other options for labeling the buttons.

As for the kit itself I'm pretty happy. Everything has a quality feel to it, especially the relay box. The button housing feels a little cheap due to the fact that it weighs nothing, but once it's installed is fine. I will say that nothing on the buttons match the OEM equipment perfectly. Things like the font and backlighting are off ever so slightly, but it's close enough that it doesn't stick out or bother me. The buttons themselves have a nice positive feel.

Install was a little frustrating, but that wasn't any fault of Lasfit. They have an instruction video on YouTube and it all went together exactly as shown. Fitment of the relay box and button housing were perfect. Wires were all the correct length to get you where you needed without having too much leftover. They actually include two sets of pigtails for wiring in your accessories. One set stays in the engine bay and the other ends up under your dash. The only issue I ran into was not being able to go through the firewall where they show due to my Jeep having a manual transmission. I ended up coming through the corner of the windshield and luckily had just enough wire to do that.

Overall I'm pleased with the kit, especially for the price. It doesn't stick out in the interior and looks like it could have come from the factory. I'll try to get some pictures later today.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Thanks for the update! The Passenger side one I think is brilliant, perfect replacement for those who didn't get the aux switches. I like that it gives you under hood and in cabin leads just like the factory would have. It's just those darn button labels...

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I finished installing my kit today. It also came prelabeled. My front is wired to my yellow driving lights and the spot is for, well, the spot light. I too am annoyed but the labels sorta work for me for now. I was going to use one for a bed.
Jeep Gladiator New auxiliary switch bank IMG_4191

Jeep Gladiator New auxiliary switch bank IMG_4190

Jeep Gladiator New auxiliary switch bank IMG_4189
Jeep Gladiator New auxiliary switch bank IMG_4188

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I finished installing my kit today. It also came prelabeled. My front is wired to my yellow driving lights and the spot is for, well, the spot light. I too am annoyed but the labels sorta work for me for now. I was going to use one for a bed.

There is no way to change what the labels say??

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
finally installed

Jeep Gladiator New auxiliary switch bank IMG_1926
The red switches on the left have different labels from the ones first described. They were just AUX A and AUX B. Now they are dedicated locker switches. (Always were, but now labeled as such).

OP
OP
AndyDDDee369

AndyDDDee369

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
I end up getting the fully functional red switch. the aux a and b was only worked as a cover.

MPV

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GC
LASFIT switch looks great. Have you found a CB radio that will work with the RJ12 hookups?

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
I just ordered my red side seeing I'll be using the front and rear air lockers and compressor. Really wish they would allow customization of the buttons... I think it would be huge for them.
Sponsored