Sponsored

Oracle Flush Mount Tail Lights cracking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like I remember seeing you post these before, but maybe it was another member. So apologies if this is a redundant question. How are the backup lights on these?
I'm curious about these as well and how they are holding up. I'm planning on adding some cubes to my rear bumper for backup lights, more curious about the quality of them.

On a side note, @ORACLElights quality control and warranty claims have been a issue for years and looks nothing has changed. I had more than a few issues out of lights I bought from them when I had my JKU. They always seem to find a reason to put the blame on their customers so no surprise there. Buyers be warned!!!!!
Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Moderators, when will @ORACLElights be banned as a vendor? They make tons of money by finding people on this forum, but then don’t support or stand behind their products. It seems they’re not holding up their end, to say the least.
I agree with this. Even if they had a good product, shitty customer service should be grounds for getting kicked off of the forum as a vendor. I'm glad the OP posted this thread, and we also got to see @ORACLElights respond in the way they did. That was a service in itself, and I'll never buy any of their products. It appears many others will do the same.

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
Sorry to hear this happened to you. That sucks that they aren't standing behind the product but it seems that this day in age customer service is non existant. Companies hire people and train them to just say "sorry sir we understand your frustrations" and leave you hanging. I like the Oracle lights but after reading the "lights out" issue and now this I'll be saving my cash.

ALthough one arguement you may have with them is in their instructions, do they state a torque value for the screws? IF they are saying "people are overtightening" then what is to tight? Whats the torque spec so you don't overtighten them. If they don't list this then how are you suppose to know whats to tight? From their instructions all I see in Step 6 is "FULLY TIGHTEN". @ORACLElights this is terrible. You have people over tightening screws and breaking your chinese plastic piece and supply instructions that are mediocre at best then when your customers break the tabs because the instructions say "FULLY TIGHTEN" you tell them good luck thanks for your money and your on your own with some epoxy. If you want to stand behind that statement of "you over tightened them" then give them a torque value to meet, not "fully tighten". And also put in your instructions not to use an impact driver to put the screws in. You know people are going to do that even though they shouldn't.

This is terrible and I feel for all the guys and gals that this has happened to.
I agree that the torque spec is missing and needs some type of clarification, but for me at least (and I suspect a few more) I'm no engineer nor do I have the tools to tighten something to a known specification. In addition, if I were buying a product that said I needed some special equipment in order to install it, I'm avoiding that like the plague. I get it that its plastic and you need some common sense in installing it, but that should be all you should need. 99% of those who would want to install something like this would have that common sense.

I would think they need to re-think their product rather than just blame the customer. My purchasing experience with them was a bit rocky too. I originally purchased a set of their headlights from Amazon. They told me they would not warrant them because I may have not purchased them from an "authorized dealer" (ie. not everyone involved got their "cut"). I had to send them back and buy from them just so that if I had a problem they would tell me to go jump in a lake anyway.

It just looks to me that they're all about the money . Not that everyone else isn't, but they go to extremes. That's just the way I felt about them after I purchased from them. It took roughly 20 emails back and forth to get the product I wanted and the less-ridiculous price.

I just bought a 22 Tundra. There's no way I'm ever considering any purchase from them for anything just because its not worth the hassle which they seem to give everyone.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Moderators, when will @ORACLElights be banned as a vendor? They make tons of money by finding people on this forum, but then don’t support or stand behind their products. It seems they’re not holding up their end, to say the least.
Not likely. The forum seems pretty protective of their sponsors.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They have plenty of others. This will make little difference.

Sponsored

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
I am sorry to see that this happened and please know Oracle sympathizes with you regarding this occurrence. Unfortunately we have only seen the plastic break when the bolts are overtightened. This can cause small stress fractures in the plastic which will cause it to break over time from vibration.

If you still have the pieces that broke off, you can epoxy them back to the light. Use of a strong bonding epoxy such as JB weld or panel bond will effectively hold these together.

I understand you may not like the response, unfortunately we can not warranty something that is not a defect.I do however have side replacements I may be able to sell to you if you would like to replace the one side for a heavily discounted cost.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and I am happy to assist you. I hope we can work together to resolve your concern.

-Melissa Boudreaux
Sales Manager
Trash company.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that the torque spec is missing and needs some type of clarification, but for me at least (and I suspect a few more) I'm no engineer nor do I have the tools to tighten something to a known specification. In addition, if I were buying a product that said I needed some special equipment in order to install it, I'm avoiding that like the plague. I get it that its plastic and you need some common sense in installing it, but that should be all you should need. 99% of those who would want to install something like this would have that common sense.

I would think they need to re-think their product rather than just blame the customer. My purchasing experience with them was a bit rocky too. I originally purchased a set of their headlights from Amazon. They told me they would not warrant them because I may have not purchased them from an "authorized dealer" (ie. not everyone involved got their "cut"). I had to send them back and buy from them just so that if I had a problem they would tell me to go jump in a lake anyway.

It just looks to me that they're all about the money . Not that everyone else isn't, but they go to extremes. That's just the way I felt about them after I purchased from them. It took roughly 20 emails back and forth to get the product I wanted and the less-ridiculous price.

I just bought a 22 Tundra. There's no way I'm ever considering any purchase from them for anything just because its not worth the hassle which they seem to give everyone.
Totally unrelated to this thread, but torque wrenches aren’t what I’d consider to be specialized equipment. They’re in my opinion, a must have for any automotive or marine do it yourself wrencher. Just make sure to not over torque things accidentally when combined with loctite or anti seize. Even oil or moisture on threads change things.

This does not change that @ORACLElights cannot claim over tightening without providing specs. I agree with others. They likely don’t even know.

Tango270

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Computer Systems Technician
I feel like I remember seeing you post these before, but maybe it was another member. So apologies if this is a redundant question. How are the backup lights on these?
I have the same lights. I love them, but the backup lights do leave a bit to be desired. Not discernably worse than stock though, for what that's worth.

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I understand some may not have the tools necessary to torque these to a spec and common sense should be used when tightening them. But, whats fully tightened to some may be more or less for others. What I was getting at is if Oracle is going to deny warranties because they claim a simple statement of "over tightened" and their instructions only state "fully tighten", then give some sort of spec to fall on. For example, they could have put in the instructions the following statement: "Tighten screws to 20 in-lbs, over torqueing screws will cause damage to tabs and void warranty". How the end installer chooses to install the lights or to torque them per the manufacturers specs is up to them. There's also statements from Oracle of failures due to the screws being to loose and it breaking the tabs. So whats to loose now. I'm sure common sense was in play for the people who installed them and they broke because it was to loose. I'm sure they didn't just screw in the screws finger tight. I'm sure they snugged them up. But that was possibly to loose?? The vague statements in the instructions and the mediocre warranty denial statements are completely unacceptable on behalf of Oracle. A torque spec can easily be determined.

They are losing more buisness because of this shitty warranty practice than they would from people not buying it because they don't have the necessary tools and don't feel comfortable installing them.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Blame the consumer for a design flaw? Nice work.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Interesting my dealings and purchases from them have been exactly the opposite. But I would say that is not the proper way to deal and keep customer base. As other mentioned should probably just have made private contact and taken care of the issue rather than coming on the forum and saying sorry we not going to help you. I know a manager of local pie shop is a good friend. Lady bought pie from him and accidentally dropped all the pie. Wasn't his fault he could have said oh sorry tough luck. Instead they cleaned up the mess and gave her a new pie no charge. She now will not buy pie from anyone else regardless if they are bit more expensive than others. Sorry that was just an analogy type of thing (LOL) just happened to be about pie but it is true

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else want pie now?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a little disappointing that the forum might value their monthly fee from the vendor, more than they value protecting the members from vendors like this. I truly hope that isn’t the case. Sometimes right is just right. Show us that it isn’t true please. Ban them.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
I'm curious about these as well and how they are holding up. I'm planning on adding some cubes to my rear bumper for backup lights, more curious about the quality of them.

On a side note, @ORACLElights quality control and warranty claims have been a issue for years and looks nothing has changed. I had more than a few issues out of lights I bought from them when I had my JKU. They always seem to find a reason to put the blame on their customers so no surprise there. Buyers be warned!!!!!
It is me who originally posted those tails. I still have them and they work great. Reverse lights are great too, like OEM. I see no difference on the camera screen.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.