Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
) you’re already SUPPOSED to loosen the control arm bolts to install the level. Might as well take the extra 10 minutes and install the Mopar ones.
What if you don't loosen them?
Sponsored

Clarkr32

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Dealer may or may not do it. I’d imagine they would try and tell you your warranty would be void because it’s not the Mopar lift kit.
It’s reportedly about 2 hours of work for a shop with the lift setup and all the good tools. One local to me said $270 to do the level and LCAs.
Ive seen some say they did it in their driveway in 3-4 hours, so it’s your call to make.
Link for these LCA?

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Installed this combo, TF 1.5 spacer and Mopar LCA for 2in lift, and following install had a bit of a pull to the right/passenger side. Rather than messing with the toe myself I found a coupon for Belle Tire $64 for 1yr unlimited alignments. They set toe at the values in the lower half of picture attached. It’s been a few weeks and the pull is gone but I’m consistently feeling a slight shimmy over bumps that was never there before the spacers and alignment. Have gone over all the bolts again and the they are to torqued to spec. Didn’t check before the install for the factory toe setting, but thinking my toe should be set further in. For those who have done the same TF 1.5 spacer and Mopar LCA, to what degrees do you have your toe set? Next trip for alignment I want to tell them exactly the setting to calibrate. Thanks in advance.
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5 Leveling Kit Questions F2B626A8-50B2-4FB4-9626-3CDF0823B0E4

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Installed this combo, TF 1.5 spacer and Mopar LCA for 2in lift, and following install had a bit of a pull to the right/passenger side. Rather than messing with the toe myself I found a coupon for Belle Tire $64 for 1yr unlimited alignments. They set toe at the values in the lower half of picture attached. It’s been a few weeks and the pull is gone but I’m consistently feeling a slight shimmy over bumps that was never there before the spacers and alignment. Have gone over all the bolts again and the they are to torqued to spec. Didn’t check before the install for the factory toe setting, but thinking my toe should be set further in. For those who have done the same TF 1.5 spacer and Mopar LCA, to what degrees do you have your toe set? Next trip for alignment I want to tell them exactly the setting to calibrate. Thanks in advance.
My guess would be bump steer caused by caster from the Mopar LCAs that weren’t required for the leveling kit.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5 Leveling Kit Questions F2B626A8-50B2-4FB4-9626-3CDF0823B0E4
You need more caster, I have 1.5” front spacers and Mopar lcas, I still had what felt like the verge of death wobble on certain bumps, installed Rancho geometry correction brackets on the lowest setting, upper control arms in top hole, completely eliminated it and drives much better.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My guess would be bump steer caused by caster from the Mopar LCAs that weren’t required for the leveling kit.
Naw, caster is ok. I've run those lower control arms with NO lift, and a lift as small as 1.5"
Positive caster won't cause bump steer. Too much caster can cause caster WOBBLE.
Looks like he's barely out of specs, hardly at all.

I'm sitting 1.5" higher than stock up front now with the Synergy springs, I have the longer MOPAR lift kit lower control arms and it handles great. No wobble, no shimmy, drives perfectly up to 95 mph. Bumps don't bother it at all.

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Mac & @ShadowsPapa

Thanks for your feedback. I’m also inclined to think the minor amount of extra caster added isn’t the problem given how low it is from the factory and multiple others who have done this exact same setup with no issues. I am going to try having the toe set to ~26 degrees overall or around 13 degrees each wheel, then see how it goes before trying anything else. Want to stay pretty close to stock since it is still under warranty and my Glad was dialed in pretty well suspension wise from the factory, excluding occasional bottoming out from the diesel engine weight up front.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
@Mac & @ShadowsPapa

Thanks for your feedback. I’m also inclined to think the minor amount of extra caster added isn’t the problem given how low it is from the factory and multiple others who have done this exact same setup with no issues. I am going to try having the toe set to ~26 degrees overall or around 13 degrees each wheel, then see how it goes before trying anything else. Want to stay pretty close to stock since it is still under warranty and my Glad was dialed in pretty well suspension wise from the factory, excluding occasional bottoming out from the diesel engine weight up front.
I really don’t think it’s the LCAs causing the issue. I’m one of “those guys” who always recommends the Mopar LCAs every time the Teraflex level kit comes up. Mine drives so well, my wife is jealous that it handles better than her 2020 JLU.

Before Jeep decided to replace the aluminum steering boxes with the new ones, many folks used the LCAs as a fix for wandering over in the Wrangler forum. In fact, that’s how I learned about them and how low the Jeep caster was stock. I ordered a set for the wife’s JLU, but then the gear box TSB came out so I had that done.

I then put the LCAs on my JT when I had the leveling kit installed. I was shocked to discover it drove better than before. My wife was happy with the improvement to hers after the gear box swap, until she drove mine. Now I have to put the LCAs on hers too.

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really don’t think it’s the LCAs causing the issue. I’m one of “those guys” who always recommends the Mopar LCAs every time the Teraflex level kit comes up. Mine drives so well, my wife is jealous that it handles better than her 2020 JLU.

Before Jeep decided to replace the aluminum steering boxes with the new ones, many folks used the LCAs as a fix for wandering over in the Wrangler forum. In fact, that’s how I learned about them and how low the Jeep caster was stock. I ordered a set for the wife’s JLU, but then the gear box TSB came out so I had that done.

I then put the LCAs on my JT when I had the leveling kit installed. I was shocked to discover it drove better than before. My wife was happy with the improvement to hers after the gear box swap, until she drove mine. Now I have to put the LCAs on hers too.
Having the toe set to ~26 degrees total has mostly eliminated the issue, tends to track even more straight now as well. Overall happy with the value, look, and feel now that it is aligned properly. Lesson learned, slight toe-in (25-30degrees total) with this set up is the way to go:like:

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
Sorry to resurrect the thread. I have the overland HA and would like to fix the front rake. I do not plan on adding weight to the front (no winch or steel bumper). Should I go the full 1.5 inch spacers or just the 1 Inch? I don’t want to create a rear squat.

Thank you!

Sponsored

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Sorry to resurrect the thread. I have the overland HA and would like to fix the front rake. I do not plan on adding weight to the front (no winch or steel bumper). Should I go the full 1.5 inch spacers or just the 1 Inch? I don’t want to create a rear squat.

Thank you!
I'd go with 1.5"

But since the kit comes with a 1" and a half inch spacer, you can always put in the 1" and then do the half later if you want it.

I have the 1.5" on my Sport Max Tow and it sits dead level with my rack, awning, and gear box in the bed. If I am fully loaded for a camping trip (bed completely full, back seat completely full, full tank of gas) then maybe I have the slightest lean back.

FreedomWV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Freedom Edition High Velocity
Occupation
Business
I did the 1.5 and the 3/4 rear still a slight rake but I like the stance on mine now.

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd go with 1.5"

But since the kit comes with a 1" and a half inch spacer, you can always put in the 1" and then do the half later if you want it.

I have the 1.5" on my Sport Max Tow and it sits dead level with my rack, awning, and gear box in the bed. If I am fully loaded for a camping trip (bed completely full, back seat completely full, full tank of gas) then maybe I have the slightest lean back.
So, without the rack, awning and box would you say there would still be a slight rake (which would be perfect)?

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the 1.5 and the 3/4 rear still a slight rake but I like the stance on mine now.
Im sticking with 33’s max so I don’t see a need to lift the rear. Just want to fix the rake in the front. Thanks for the input though!
Sponsored