Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
It can burn Kerosene, but I've been using diesel mostly. After seeing the very expensive Planar2D "briefcase" heaters I decided to try building one of my own. Grabbed a 2KW Chinese diesel heater from Amazon and built it inside a Stanley toolbox. Final version will eventually be in an old Pelican case, just doing some trials while I wait for a few other items to come in. Powered off a second battery, I'm able to let it run all night without fear of battery dying/running out of fuel. Longest burn so far has been 28hrs, still have fuel in the 2.5gal tank and battery life. All in for under $250 (beats the Planar $1600). Been very pleased with it...even with the crazy high winds that knocked it over it kept running like a champ. You can also buy an "All-in-One" for a similar price, but they aren't weather sealed. With exhaust being outside on the ground, I'm only pumping warm dry air up in to the tent. No moisture added to the air like if I was using a propane heater, so no condensation to worry about. I could go on, but may bore people on the Jeep forum. ; )
IMG_5800.jpg
That's brilliant. Many thanks for the details!
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Well this was over a 4 and a half day span. A photo buddy and I drove up to Sax Sim Bog in Minnesota from Northeast Ohio to search for some Great Grey Owls. We left after work on Tuesday and got back Sunday morning at 2:30AM.

All in all it was a great trip. We found a few interesting things to photograph in the bog but we where having no luck locating any Great Grey's and no one we talked with have seen any also.

On our 2nd full day in the bog around 3:00PM we where cutting across a side road taking a shortcut to the visitor center to go look for the Boreal chickadee's. We drove upon a car stuck in the ditch and stoped to ask the lady if she would like a tow out as I had some recovery gear with me. She was very happy to see us and indeed wanted a tug out of the ditch. While looking for a good place to place my strap on her 98% plastic Ford I asked her if she was having a good day besides the driving into a ditch thing. She told me that she had two Great Grey Owls all to herself that morning a few towns south of us. As I got the car strapped she told my buddy where she spotted the owls.

I was able to pull her out with no problems at all. I have watched a lot of Matts Off-Road Recovery on Youtube so I know what I'm doing :LOL:. Dropped it in 4low, locked the front and rear diffs and nice and slow. Didn't even spin a tire on the icy road. I tried to run away but she started to chase me down yelling at me to take some money. I did not want her to slip on the icy road and break a hip so I stoped running and took the $40 that she wanted to give me.

The next day we got up and out the door by 5:30AM. We drove down about 1.5 hours to the place she spotted the Great Greay's. We ended up spending the next two days there and found what we believe to be 7 Great Grey Owls. It may have been 8. On the last day of the trip we did 20 hours driving the JT. 7 hours searching for owls and 13 hour drive home. That was a long flipping day.

In total we put Just over 2,400 miles in. The photography opportunity's where slim but we made the best of the poor light and the opportunity's we had presented to us.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 565

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 305

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 355

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 262-2

metalry101

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '18 JK Rubicon, '17 Sienna
Occupation
Stay at home dad w/ 2 part time gigs
Not today, but a couple days ago. Finally got around to getting my Prodigy P3 brake controller installed so I went for a test drive with my trailer.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 20210122_151445

Sponsored

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
Went off-roading over the weekend...Jim's Creek-Palmer AK. It's supposed to be winter and covered in snow... more ice and very slippery. almost like being on a disneyland autopia ride...just kinda let go of the steering wheel and let the trail lead the way.

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
We went and played in the snow, just North of Pine, AZ. The 4WD was flawless, it was near white out conditions on the road back and she was sure footed as a goat.

B9E00A72-9748-4D5A-9901-A1FF0F5CC01B.jpeg

A1F03D51-E08C-404C-92BA-03DCA3722521.jpeg

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Thanks! - I built that thing years ago for a 2003 Land Rover I had. I've used it on a couple of other vehicles since, but it's been in the garage unused for years until I got the JT. I adapted it to hang off the tow hooks and it secures to underneath the bumper with turnbuckles - stable as can be. I can put it on or take it off in just seconds.

I would love to do some surf fishing in FL! Maybe I'll get the chance one day.

Okay - I would love to lie to you, but that day there was nothing biting. I usually do pretty well on that beach but sometimes it's not to be - especially this time of year. It was cold and windy, and it started raining not long after that picture so we headed out. We had a wonderful time together though for a couple of hours - working on her casting and catching up on some quality time in a beautiful place.
Well that's why it's called fishing instead of catching. Come on down to the panhandle and we can waste time waiting for the bite. It's always a good time even when the fish don't bite

Sponsored

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Maiden tow voyage on the 37s on the 20x10 wheels over to Santa Cruz. Under a couple hours each way but over some steep grades. Handling was still good and only dropped down into 4th while maintaining 55 on the steepest sections. Had to crank up the brake controller to help stop the extra rolling mass and take driveways slow and at angles as the ass is a little lower from the 3/4” lift and the 2” taller tires. Drop hitch would help but was still fine. Hopefully this sets some minds at ease for those worried 37s are too big for towing. I do have a max tow with 4.11s and our trailer is only around 4,000 lbs loaded down
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? E99E9568-1212-4B3C-9D16-26D8C73A8351

7BED248F-229F-4B58-96C6-6AB6D5411DE8.jpeg

837140E6-2AC1-45CB-88B9-ECC59AFF87D3.jpeg

C4047313-1962-410C-8F3A-2370D7FA8D70.jpeg

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Pulled a Ram 2500 and trailer out a snowy/icy field. Warn Zeon 10s worked well even encased in snow. Took three separate pull to get him through to where he could take off on his own. The Warn had no problem pulling this. #JTRSPARTACUS

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 2521