JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Whew! What a weekend guys, 10 hour drive down to Texas. Then the oldest son wanted to show me around Austin, Then he wanted us to go shooting................. Oh, wait you guys wanted to know about the conversion that's right. Well let me tell you.

This thing is freaking awesome!! It drives, shifts and runs so dang good!

Sorry it took so long as I just got back and had to unload everything.

I was debating between the 6.4 and 5.7 and I am completely satisfied with my decision. I can only imagine what the 6.4 is like as this thing just gets up and moves. It feels so light and nimble now, even the steering is lighter when turning. I had to get used to the response from the throttle as you do not need to push as hard and far for it to get going, doing so will result in a quick and sharp head snap!

driving around town it has such a nice tone to it and rumbles just a bit when you back off of it. On the highway it just cruises along so easily. It holds 8th gear and if you need just roll into the throttle and away you go, give it a bit and it downshifts and just pulls. I have 37's with 4.88 gears. at 70 mph I am running just over 2000 rpms, 75 is almost 2300 I started off at 70 and ended up doing 77 mph coming home. Fuel mileage ranges from 14 - 16 mpg surprisingly I got the 16 at 77 mph with about 2330 rpm's. Now this was with a 26 mph tailwind (that's Kansas for you) so take that for what it is worth.

I know some have talked about the drone, shrinkhead - It was really bad when I first took off with it from the shop and yes worse around that 65 mph mark above and below was not bad. But either I got used to it or it got better but I did not notice it as bad on the 8 hour drive back.

I have to say it again, I really like this setup and I have to thank Exodus 4x4 for doing such a clean an complete job.

Jeep Gladiator 5.7 Hemi install hemi jee
Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Awesome. So happy for you. The positive change in steering I feel I also noticed.

" I have 37's with 4.88 gears. at 70 mph I am running just over 2000 rpms, 75 is almost 2300"

That is outside my drone zone. I think at that speed I stay below 2K with my 4.10s and 35s. I talked to the owner of AMW yesterday thanks to moparking and I don't want to clutter your thread here and just say it will get sorted ✌

Now you'll be looking for excuses to drive around :)

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Whew! What a weekend guys, 10 hour drive down to Texas. Then the oldest son wanted to show me around Austin, Then he wanted us to go shooting................. Oh, wait you guys wanted to know about the conversion that's right. Well let me tell you.

This thing is freaking awesome!! It drives, shifts and runs so dang good!

Sorry it took so long as I just got back and had to unload everything.

I was debating between the 6.4 and 5.7 and I am completely satisfied with my decision. I can only imagine what the 6.4 is like as this thing just gets up and moves. It feels so light and nimble now, even the steering is lighter when turning. I had to get used to the response from the throttle as you do not need to push as hard and far for it to get going, doing so will result in a quick and sharp head snap!

driving around town it has such a nice tone to it and rumbles just a bit when you back off of it. On the highway it just cruises along so easily. It holds 8th gear and if you need just roll into the throttle and away you go, give it a bit and it downshifts and just pulls. I have 37's with 4.88 gears. at 70 mph I am running just over 2000 rpms, 75 is almost 2300 I started off at 70 and ended up doing 77 mph coming home. Fuel mileage ranges from 14 - 16 mpg surprisingly I got the 16 at 77 mph with about 2330 rpm's. Now this was with a 26 mph tailwind (that's Kansas for you) so take that for what it is worth.

I know some have talked about the drone, shrinkhead - It was really bad when I first took off with it from the shop and yes worse around that 65 mph mark above and below was not bad. But either I got used to it or it got better but I did not notice it as bad on the 8 hour drive back.

I have to say it again, I really like this setup and I have to thank Exodus 4x4 for doing such a clean an complete job.

Jeep Gladiator 5.7 Hemi install hemi jee
Congrats!!!!!!

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Not sure what they are using for the bigger muffler. If you can fit one of these in there, I have used them on some high dollar, high HP truck builds, and they do a great job of taming sound and letting just enough of that growl out. Not your usual flowmaster trait. But they are big and heavy.
Jeep Gladiator 5.7 Hemi install Screenshot_20210308-204528

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Exodus has your truck on YouTube using it in a comparison between the 5.7, 6.4 and Hellcat. Great looking truck! Sounds awesome!!

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Exodus has your truck on YouTube using it in a comparison between the 5.7, 6.4 and Hellcat. Great looking truck! Sounds awesome!!

Thank you!

I saw that. Thought that was kind of cool it was used in the video. I know I sure do like the way it drives with 5.7, I can only imagine what they are like with the larger motors.

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you!

I saw that. Thought that was kind of cool it was used in the video. I know I sure do like the way it drives with 5.7, I can only imagine what they are like with the larger motors.
Hellaphant...

Sponsored

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Will be heading down to Texas next week Friday to drop the Gladiator off at the shop that is doing the install. Not sure how much on updates I will be getting as it goes along but I will do my best to show how it goes. I did get this a couple weeks ago which is not helping on the wait! Of course the pic has the hellcat emblem showing just to tease with.

Jeep Gladiator 5.7 Hemi install Screenshot_20210308-204528
Had the 5.7 hemi in my last RAM Rebel 1500-- beast of an engine, can't imagine how nice that will sound/drive!!! Congrats!

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
So I watched the video. Now I want a Hellcat. I am loving that supercharger whine. Sounds like a jet

Reactions: Mac
OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
One week in and I am totally satisfied with the 5.7. It drives so nice and has plenty of power and sounds so good. I understand the desire of the other motors as if the 5.7 is so much fun I can only imagine what the other motors would bring. Nothing like that supercharger whine though:whew:

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
One week in and I am totally satisfied with the 5.7. It drives so nice and has plenty of power and sounds so good. I understand the desire of the other motors as if the 5.7 is so much fun I can only imagine what the other motors would bring. Nothing like that supercharger whine though:whew:
Yeah I am also satisfied with the power of the 6.4L especially with my 35s but I cannot unhear the whine 😂
Sponsored