Sponsored

Diesel cooling options and ideas

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Anyone use the new 25th anniversary grille yet?

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
Didn't someone already do the hood removed, hood vent, grill removed drill? I thought that it yielded very little change in oil and coolant temps?Have to start re-reading... 59 pages is a lot.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Didn't someone already do the hood removed, hood vent, grill removed drill? I thought that it yielded very little change in oil and coolant temps?Have to start re-reading... 59 pages is a lot.
Yes, it made minimal difference.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I opened up the Rubi hood vents. No difference on the highway. It might have helped on the trail some.

Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Just chiming in to say was quite surprised in how the Tazerā€™s max radiator fan speed has helped in high oil temp conditions. Havenā€™t had a chance to try it in warm weather yet obviously, but when snow wheeling through deep powder I saw oil temps at 240ish. Kicked on that max fan mode and temps dropped 20 degrees within minutes.

I wouldnt expect that same level of results during the summer, but Iā€™m curious to hear if anyone has tried it?

azaustin

First Name
Willliam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2014 Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired
Not familiar with Tazer radiator fan. Is this an aftermarket part?

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Not familiar with Tazer radiator fan. Is this an aftermarket part?
It's using the tazer programmer to enable the fan on high mode. If you haven't heard of one lookup tazer JL.

azaustin

First Name
Willliam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have heard of it, but wasnā€™t if it was the same thing. Also not sure how it might affect my warranty. Thanks.

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
I have heard of it, but wasnā€™t if it was the same thing. Also not sure how it might affect my warranty. Thanks.
Two Thumb Salute ā„¢... pushing the two arrow keys to active the fan is an awesome feature with the Tazer, but we still need more cooling power on those 95+ degree days.

Always remove the Tazer out of your truck before taking in for service...they cover that in the instructions for the Tazer as well

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
The tazer cooldown mode helps on hills if you enable it prior to the hill. It only works under 60ish. Above that I donā€™t notice any difference. Someone should program the fan to auto kick on when oil temps get above 240.

azaustin

First Name
Willliam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That answers my obvious question as to when/why the fan goes to full speed.

azaustin

First Name
Willliam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
After re-reading a lot of the posts. on this subject it looks like the only thing that will solve the problem is some kind of accessory oil cooler (probably with a fan.) The question is, due to the relatively low volume of diesel Gladiator. production, will anyone build it? Can it be done in such a way that it will not void the warranty? Even if it were relatively expensive (say $1500-2000) I would buy it. I really like my Gladiator and have. learned to manage the temperatures when. towing my 5,000 pound travel trailer. It would be the perfect vehicle for my purpose if the oil temperature problem could be solved.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
After re-reading a lot of the posts. on this subject it looks like the only thing that will solve the problem is some kind of accessory oil cooler (probably with a fan.) The question is, due to the relatively low volume of diesel Gladiator. production, will anyone build it? Can it be done in such a way that it will not void the warranty? Even if it were relatively expensive (say $1500-2000) I would buy it. I really like my Gladiator and have. learned to manage the temperatures when. towing my 5,000 pound travel trailer. It would be the perfect vehicle for my purpose if the oil temperature problem could be solved.
This is the $15,000 warranty claim question/answer!

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Just chiming in to say was quite surprised in how the Tazerā€™s max radiator fan speed has helped in high oil temp conditions. Havenā€™t had a chance to try it in warm weather yet obviously, but when snow wheeling through deep powder I saw oil temps at 240ish. Kicked on that max fan mode and temps dropped 20 degrees within minutes.

I wouldnt expect that same level of results during the summer, but Iā€™m curious to hear if anyone has tried it?

How did you get your tazer to do that? I'm not seeing this as an option or maybe I'm just missing it.

Can you do this while driving or only while you are parked?
Sponsored