First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT 04 LJ 18 F150 16 RV 3 trailers
Occupation
Public service
How do I get all this apart once it's already installed in the dash?

mac 'w/o marring it all up' gyvr

For everyone with the button issue I found the fix. It’s the sliver inner ring not being seated properly Causing it to rub on the button.

remove the assembly and pop the silver ring. Reseat it until it clicks and the button should drop and and out without rubbing.

Sadly I marred the silver a bit trying to just free the button before pulling the dash apart again

and your knob will turn much easier too. Hard to believe so many people have this issue. Shoddy assembly of the parts.

Sponsored

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
How do I get all this apart once it's already installed in the dash?

mac 'w/o marring it all up' gyvr
Pull the dash parts again, disconnect everything as you did for install then surprisingly for the knob just pull on the back component and it will pop out so to can disassemble the front knob.

Muddzy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2013 JKUR, 2008 JKU Sahara (sold)
I can't believe I read all 31 pages and there's no resolution with the Mopar controller. I could've installed another controller and another mod in the time I feel I just spent. Since my build is a 10/19, I am very appreciative to all of you (special shoutout to shadowpapa) for posting all of this. I know how frustrating this was. and continues to be, and many of you have spent a lot, lot more time on this - saving me a lot of frustration and additional wasted time.

At the very least FCA should be embarrassed for charging premium pricing on an overly delayed item that wasn't fully tested. They didn't have the courtesy to prep their own service departments on what parts are, or aren't, needed. And to top it off, the "premium" product doesn't provide any additional functionality, except for factory fit/look. And they wonder why many of us never take their vehicle to them for non-warranted service, buy parts from their service department and almost exclusively buy 3rd party parts over the Mopar brand.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe I read all 31 pages and there's no resolution with the Mopar controller. I could've installed another controller and another mod in the time I feel I just spent. Since my build is a 10/19, I am very appreciative to all of you (special shoutout to shadowpapa) for posting all of this. I know how frustrating this was. and continues to be, and many of you have spent a lot, lot more time on this - saving me a lot of frustration and additional wasted time.

At the very least FCA should be embarrassed for charging premium pricing on an overly delayed item that wasn't fully tested. They didn't have the courtesy to prep their own service departments on what parts are, or aren't, needed. And to top it off, the "premium" product doesn't provide any additional functionality, except for factory fit/look. And they wonder why many of us never take their vehicle to them for non-warranted service, buy parts from their service department and almost exclusively buy 3rd party parts over the Mopar brand.
Jeep Cares is anyone listing and does this feedback reach anyone who can help change things possibly down the road. Or do they even care once the vehicle is Sold!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

The way it has been handled is terrible, but the item was tested and there is a resolution. The fix was implemented, at the factory, long before the controller was available to install. The sad thing is the controller offers nothing over aftermarket, other than the factory installed look. The TSB for the ABS module fixes the brake controller issues. In the meantime, the market came up with their own repair method, which is the diode in the controller harness.

Sponsored

slitchholtUC

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone had the M.O.R.E dead pedal reinstalled after their trailer brake controller was installed? Dealership is saying it can't be installed there because it is where the controller's module goes.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had the M.O.R.E dead pedal reinstalled after their trailer brake controller was installed? Dealership is saying it can't be installed there because it is where the controller's module goes.
After watching one of the dead pedal install videos I would agree. At least one of the mounting points for it is the same as the controller module.

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2012 300, 08 Scion XB, 03 F350, 65 Cuda,
Occupation
Retired Auto Mechanic/Machine Technician/Engineer
I'm not sure that I would agree that they both can't be made to fit.....here's why. I installed my controller... the controller mounted to the bracket using upper hole in the bracket bend and one way up high on that same bracket, while being mounted on the outside of the bracket, per the MOPAR instruction, IMAGE 1.
In reading through the MORE installation instructions, it mounts in the lower, unused hole in the bend of the same bracket and the other unused hole closer to the firewall in the same bracket, but on the inside of the bracket, IMAGE 2, such that it doesn't appear to have any interference with the module mounted on the other side of the bracket.
Where it will interfere is where the MORE bracket corner extends over the hole previously used to mount the controller, IMAGE 3. However, there seems to be little reason why that corner of the MORE bracket couldn't be trimmed off, or a hole drilled in to large enough for the controller nut to to avoid conflict with the controller mounting screw and nut.
I think a key issue here maybe...did the dealer install the controller on the inside or outside of that bracket? MOPAR instruction installation indicate to put it on the outside as in my picture, IMAGE 1.
I've been looking for a Dead Pedal and I like the looks, adjustability, and price of this MORE DPJL18DS-Black unit. I plan to order and install it as I'm that confident it will work with a minor trim/modification job.

IMAGE 1.jpg

IMAGE 2.png

Image 3.png

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I will be installing this tonight. Thank god for the pictures here, the instructions sucked and I had no idea where the module mounted. My JTR has a build date of 1/2020, I am hoping I don't need a flash.

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Installed mine today. What a pain in the rear. Really mopar could you have made that any more painful?

Hardest part of the knob install was getting the 12v socket out. Now that i know what to do it would be easier 2nd time.

Now the controller box. The mounting.. my back will never be the same. A contortionist would be helpful. There was a plug harness taped to the body inner wall right where the controller goes so that needed to be undone. Getting the upper nut on was a test of patience. Connect the harnesses before putting nuts on. Ask me how i know. The hole for the upper nut needs the Christmas tree plug removed. No good way to get at it some cursing was involved.

Cord from the knob just makes it. The cord to the vehicle harness is ridiculously long.

It's done but my kids may have increased their vocabulary.

Jeep please just make this a factory option.
Mental note to me:
Don't skim through the forum, actually read it and comprehend it. It really comes in handy.

I ran into the same exact problems. 12V was a PITA and I now have small hole in my thumb from thrying to pry the 12V apart with a pointy object.

I would have known about the Christmas tree zip tie in the upper hole.

I have bruises on my back from laying so awkwardly trying to figure what I was doing wrong.

I felt like I was going to break one of the cables or connectors on the module while trying to get it mounted. That is a really tight fit.

All in all it's done and the brake lights come on when I push the button. I don't have a trailer to test it with yet. Come on Apr 10th.

Sponsored

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Picked up the trailer on Saturday, brake contoller worked great. Lights turned green when the trailer was connected. The only thing I didn't have time to check out, was what setting to have it on for my trailer.

Another question. The BC took the place of the 12v outlet. My trailer came with a back up camera that uses the 12V outlet. Is there an replacement for the upper dash cubby that has a 12V outlet in it? Or do just run it into the glove box like other have done?

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Picked up the trailer on Saturday, brake contoller worked great. Lights turned green when the trailer was connected. The only thing I didn't have time to check out, was what setting to have it on for my trailer.

Another question. The BC took the place of the 12v outlet. My trailer came with a back up camera that uses the 12V outlet. Is there an replacement for the upper dash cubby that has a 12V outlet in it? Or do just run it into the glove box like other have done?
My Lincoln has a 12vdc plug inside the center console bottom. My plan is to reinstall the original outlet Inside the center console by purchasing a $10-20 drop in tray and mounting it in the bottom of that leaving some extra wire so I can still lift it out. While I had the dash apart I extended the outer supply and ground to enable this. https://www.amazon.com/Cahant-Organ...pla-786168456708#immersive-view_1617061010967

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I was making this harder on myself than it needed to be. I purchased an AC/DC converter and plugged it into the 120v outlet in the rear seats. Now I have my camera display back.

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Confimed....M.O.R.E Dead Peddle DOES fit with factory MOPAR Brake Controller. As promised, I order ed the pedal and installed it yesterday. As expected, the pedal bracket which follows the contours of the dash brace to which the controller is mounted does interfere with the controller mounting screws (image 1). However, a simple trim of the MORE bracket to avoid conflict with the controller mounting screw/nut and it's in....Image 2. While I could have been slicker by measuring the screw centers of the controller mount screw and the dead pedal screw and drilled a 1/2" hole in the bracket for the existing controller mounting nut, working up there is so tight , and the amount of material left on the MORE bracket would have been so minimal that I choose to simply cut it as illustrated.

mounted more dead peddle.png

more pedal cut.jpg

Sower3213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxxx
This has been a Great Thread! Thanks to all who have added to it! I had already ordered the Mopar TB at a good price so I’ll keep it but before installing I ordered the Tekonsha 3073-P from Amazon, $14.36 (since my Glady production date is 11-19)... in for a penny in for a pound! Like Dean said, I will remove my front seat to give me some extra room since these ‘little ’ installs always takes me twice as long then everyone else. Since I also flat tow my Jeeps I installed a Mopar brake light kit on my JKUR and had to remove the passenger seat to give me room to work. The part worked great but it was a PITA and I have gone with a wireless system on the JT which works great and no removing seats, but I digress, thanks again Jeepers I have no doubt you have saved me a ton of work and frustration!!!
Sponsored