Sponsored

Updated - Gladiator EcoDiesel Bottoming Out Poll 2 - Spring Part Numbers

If your Gladiator Diesel is bottoming out, what are the part numbers on your front springs?

• Total voters

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Have you tried to compress it? Looks like it would compress into the tube.
I did not, don't really have anything to pry it with atm. I did scratch it, it seems to be a denser poly/rubber than the yellow material. It did not push up by hand.

james2021dieselglad

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
Hey all, I am hearing a few people claiming on a few jeep gladiator groups on facebook that their dealerships are giving the mopar lift for free as a fix.

Has anyone heard of this happening? I am really curious.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Hey all, I am hearing a few people claiming on a few jeep gladiator groups on facebook that their dealerships are giving the mopar lift for free as a fix.

Has anyone heard of this happening? I am really curious.
There was only one person that I'm aware of that got that. He was the original poster in one of the other threads. Went through a lot to get it too.

F1REICE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon diesel
Occupation
Paramedic health care
I can tell you... I have been to the dealership 4 times and reproduced the problem all 4 times. I have jumped through all of JeepCares hoops and waited and waited for the same front shock to be replaced. Only to have case closed.. no spring change no shock change no offer on what to do nothing. No lift .... not even a hey we made a mistake... so I highly doubt any dealership or JeepCares is going to sign off on a lift kit and the hours to install. But on the off chance Jeep wants to prove me wrong please go ahead.......

Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
What a BS fix, they put a shorter jounce bumper, all else the same …

The rea reason this suspension sucks so bad is the longer bump stop on the frame, eats up 1.25” of Uptravel … wranglers sit taller in the front to compensate, gladiator gets the shaft.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I feels your pain bro. It's why i dropped $1500 for the lift kit, installed myself and moved on with life. Knowing fare well that dealing with the dealers will only makes me more angry and wasting my times. Quarterly sales is the only motivation for businesses nowaday.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD

The rea reason this suspension sucks so bad is the longer bump stop on the frame, eats up 1.25” of Uptravel … wranglers sit taller in the front to compensate, gladiator gets the shaft.
The fix is a 2 stage jounce bumper 😂

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming

JKS ACOS spacers work great. to install you cut the factory bump stops off and use the ACOS with standard or hydro bump stops. your choice

20210407_151002.jpg

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the bump stops are the problem, Why don't they just REPLACE them with shorter ones??
I thought I answered this for you already, they intentionally made them longer, I can only assume to keep the axle from smacking into the larger Diesel engine. JL diesels got the same longer bump stops but also sit up and inch higher to compensate, is gladiators were not that lucky.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKS ACOS spacers work great. to install you cut the factory bump stops off and use the ACOS with standard or hydro bump stops. your choice

20210407_151002.jpg
Careful, the factory extended them in the first place, I’d cycle the suspension without the springs and check for clearance … assuming you go shorter than the stock bumpstop length.

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Has anyone referenced the JL Diesel Rubicon Front spring part numbers and tried them? I understand the JT is heavier but I’d think it’s mainly toward the rear. Thoughts? Any companies make a ver short progressive lift spring that could be used and keep everything else stock?

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
Has anyone referenced the JL Diesel Rubicon Front spring part numbers and tried them? I understand the JT is heavier but I’d think it’s mainly toward the rear. Thoughts? Any companies make a ver short progressive lift spring that could be used and keep everything else stock?
I've not seen any manufacturer with a stiffer stock-height spring for JT.

I've heard that Rock Krawler is slating to come out with a JT Diesel version of their 1.5" leveling kit - with front springs - in February. You could call them and check.

Everyone else is at least 2" and up. Mopar and Dobinson Suspension are at 2", AEV/EVO etc. 2.5",
Sponsored