Sponsored

Updated - Gladiator EcoDiesel Bottoming Out Poll 2 - Spring Part Numbers

If your Gladiator Diesel is bottoming out, what are the part numbers on your front springs?

• Total voters

JeepBeerSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Comms
OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I'm not seeing EXJ package noted anywhere. What is that? I have a '21 JTRD. 26R clearly spelled out. thanks.
I checked my sticker and it has does state the diesel engine and 26R but no EXJ.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not seeing EXJ package noted anywhere. What is that? I have a '21 JTRD. 26R clearly spelled out. thanks.
As I just noted above, EXJ is the diesel. You won't see EXJ on anything other than the order guide, it's just the sales code for that motor. If you have a Diesel and it's a Rubicon you're all set.

Jeep Gladiator Updated - Gladiator EcoDiesel Bottoming Out Poll 2 - Spring Part Numbers Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 5.32.08 PM

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Well then they need to address that for all the other submodels.
Yeah that's some F'd up shit right there. My Sport S Ecodiesel bottoms out over speed bumps at 7-10 MPH.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Yeah that's some F'd up shit right there. My Sport S Ecodiesel bottoms out over speed bumps at 7-10 MPH.
I too am told there is a fix for my 80th, bu my dealer and JeepCares… which is just a sport … I’m thinking there might be a different document for us.

Sponsored

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
I too am told there is a fix for my 80th, bu my dealer and JeepCares… which is just a sport … I’m thinking there might be a different document for us.
This is entirely plausible. If the star number ends up tracing to parts (e.g. springs) addressing the issue, the springs for other models will likely be different. ..so maybe a different star number forthcoming?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I'm in the thinking process of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Or maybe some of our Gladiators were built on hangover Monday vs. I want to get out of here on Friday.

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I'm in the thinking process of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Or maybe some of our Gladiators were built on hangover Monday vs. I want to get out of here on Friday.
….based on so many different spring part numbers.

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
I guess my salesperson was correct they fix the problem on 2022 model!

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I have a 2021 rubicon diesel built the end of July, w steel factory bumper. I had the 6378aa spring on the left side (drivers) and the 6377aa spring on the right side (passengers). I have since installed the mopar 2” lift.

Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Mine Overland diesel has 6377 springs on both sides. I'm only bottoming out on driver side.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Well. Installed the Mopar 2" lift over the weekend. It rides great, really happy. Imo, the shocks paired with the firmer springs rate perfectly.

The included instructions were confusing on which springs goes where. I ended up installed the higher part numbers on the left (driver side). Wondering how everyones installed their?

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well. Installed the Mopar 2" lift over the weekend. It rides great, really happy. Imo, the shocks paired with the firmer springs rate perfectly.

The included instructions were confusing on which springs goes where. I ended up installed the higher part numbers on the left (driver side). Wondering how everyones installed their?
If you noticed with your lift, the front bumpstops are the same gas and diesel ... since it sounds like you installed your own lift, you may want to cycle the suspension without the springs snd see how much bump stop you really need... Because the diesel bumpstops are 1.25" longer I suspect you can gain about 1.25" more uptravel/compression by using shorter bumpstop extensions, kit came with two, i bet .75 would work just fine ...

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
If you noticed with your lift, the front bumpstops are the same gas and diesel ... since it sounds like you installed your own lift, you may want to cycle the suspension without the springs snd see how much bump stop you really need... Because the diesel bumpstops are 1.25" longer I suspect you can gain about 1.25" more uptravel/compression by using shorter bumpstop extensions, kit came with two, i bet .75 would work just fine ...

Yup. I'm fully aware of the bump stops issues. Added teraflex 1/2" spacers and I'll be running 37s and don't want it to rub the flares or bottom out the ahocks by shorten the bump stop. The mopar springs are firmer and also the shocks as well. I used to bottoming out on the same speed bump near mine son school, but not anymore.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup. I'm fully aware of the bump stops issues. Added teraflex 1/2" spacers and I'll be running 37s and don't want it to rub the flares or bottom out the ahocks by shorten the bump stop. The mopar springs are firmer and also the shocks as well. I used to bottoming out on the same speed bump near mine son school, but not anymore.
Right, but the way mopar made the diesel kit, they didn’t account for the longer bumpstop mount at the frame, as is, you are wasting 1.5 inches of up travel… may not present an issue until flexing or taking larger bumps at speed. Considering these shocks are 9” of travel, 1.5 makes up a substantial percentage …
Sponsored