OP
OP
Mac

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Got my AEV kit for the Mojave from quadratec and the Mopar LCAs. Will be installing Friday. Hopefully I won’t need to spend the extra money on the geo brackets. After install would you guys recommend a alignment or just leave it be after install?
No alignment needed as there is nothing being changed that you can adjust with what you are installing, just recenter the steering wheel by adjusting the drag link and that is it.
Sponsored

MOJAVEC22

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave 1991 Toyota Hilux
Occupation
Electrician
I finally got an alignment check. caster is at 5.88 on the highest setting of the geometry brackets. Happy with that. (Aev lift + geo brackets everything else stock). everything else was good except toe needs to be pushed out by 7/32. So I’d say an alignment is not really needed after installing the kit(I recentered the wheel myself). I just got the alignment checked for 50 bucks for peace of mind on the 3rd position caster setting. Will push out the toe 1/4 turn and call it good.

Last edited:

Mcmath

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Self employed
37” BFG ko2’s. Added Teraflex Sport Fixed Length Lower Front control arms to correct caster. Actually over corrected and my caster is around 7.5. Drives so much better at highway speeds. No more wandering, but I may have to go with adjustables to dial back the caster. Not sure what effects a high caster will have on the driveshaft, but I’m sure it can’t be a good thing.

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator 40D02DD5-C30E-46AF-B3DC-128F21A53ECE

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator 40D02DD5-C30E-46AF-B3DC-128F21A53ECE

Any re gearing? I am looking at the same tire but was going to go 35 because it’s a daily driver and was worried about regear

Sponsored

Mechjk43

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Occupation
Mechanical Design Engineer
That makes me want to move mine from the second setting to third. I haven’t had mine checked but even on the second I think it could use a little more. Only had it on for a couple weeks.

I finally got an alignment check. caster is at 5.88 on the highest setting of the geometry brackets. Happy with that. (Aev lift + geo brackets everything else stock). everything else was good except toe needs to be pushed out by 7/32. So I’d say an alignment is not really needed after installing the kit(I recentered the wheel myself). I just got the alignment checked for 50 bucks for peace of mind on the 3rd position caster setting. Will push out the toe 1/4 turn and call it good.

drew0622

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Inventory Coordinator/Document Management
Got it installed today with the Mopar long control arms. Rides smooth as butter and steering is perfect. No wobble on the highway back home.

Do you know the part number for the Mopar long control arms? Also, are those 35's. Also, that's a bad ass setup!!!

Shahzeb719

First Name
Shahzeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4XE, 2022 JT Mojave
Do you know the part number for the Mopar long control arms? Also, are those 35's. Also, that's a bad ass setup!!!
Thanks! I got the part number in the beginning of the thread someone posted it. (68322798AA). And yes they are 35s. I do like the look of 37s but for now I’m happy with the 35s.

MOJAVEC22

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave 1991 Toyota Hilux
Occupation
Electrician
That makes me want to move mine from the second setting to third. I haven’t had mine checked but even on the second I think it could use a little more. Only had it on for a couple weeks.
There is more steering input effort, but it corrects to center pretty good. I forgot what numbers ppl were getting on the second setting, but if you get it changed/checked lmk.

Mcmath

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Self employed
So I apologize if this has been directly stated or if it’s obvious. I am new to this and I am building my Mojave out. I ordered Teraflex adjustable lower controls arms, front and rear track bar, fox ATS steering stabilizer,And a Hellwig sway bar to go with the AEV spacer kit. My question/statement is… since I have the adjustable lower control arms I don’t need the geometry brackets correct??

Sponsored

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
So I apologize if this has been directly stated or if it’s obvious. I am new to this and I am building my Mojave out. I ordered Teraflex adjustable lower controls arms, front and rear track bar, fox ATS steering stabilizer,And a Hellwig sway bar to go with the AEV spacer kit. My question/statement is… since I have the adjustable lower control arms I don’t need the geometry brackets correct??
No, you don’t need them and you’ll be better off clearance wise by not having them. Sounds like you have a nice build in the works.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I confuse.

Haha - if you are just doing the AEV spacer lift, do you or do you not need the geo brackets? Seems to be no consensus.

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I confuse.

Haha - if you are just doing the AEV spacer lift, do you or do you not need the geo brackets? Seems to be no consensus.
No consensus but there are options. Geo brackets make a noticeable improvement in steering stability and overall feel. I have the Rancho brackets on the middle hole, which netted me 7* of caster and it drives better on 37s than it did stock.

Cheers

silverandscout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
I confuse.

I first went with adjustable control arms - ride was down right bad. I installed AEV geo brackets - I got my Mojave back! And that is a very short version of that story.

If you install it yourself, ensure you properly torque every bolt. If you pay someone to do it, either watch them put a torque wrench on every bolt, or be prepared to check them yourself.

Love my lifted Mojave.
Sponsored