Sponsored

Updated - Gladiator EcoDiesel Bottoming Out Poll 2 - Spring Part Numbers

If your Gladiator Diesel is bottoming out, what are the part numbers on your front springs?

• Total voters

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Sounds like the fix is firmer shocks and shorter bump stops. Folks in this forum were right all along lol. Clearly Jeep's engineers didn't fully tested the diesel before mass produce.
Sponsored

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
In all seriousness, am I the first on this forum to get the "fix?"
Maybe, unless you consider those of us who bought the Mopar lift or another make to solve it without waiting six months.

F1REICE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon diesel
Occupation
Paramedic health care
In all seriousness, am I the first on this forum to get the "fix?"
I also had the "fix" done on Thursday. I agree the shocks are slightly stiffer. There is an improvement over the prior shocks and bump stops. Personally I felt the original shocks were very soft so this helps firm up the ride.
I also had placed the Clayton springs for the diesel about a month prior to this then put the factory springs back in before taking to the dealership. I have only had the factory springs and new updated shocks for a few days and have been working most of that time.
My next step is put the Clayton heaver springs with the updated shocks. In my humble opinion the heaver shocks will be better when I add the winch and front bumper.
I am planning a full write up with pictures and measurements from stock to Clayton springs, stock springs with fix then Clayton springs with the shock update.

Please let me know if this helps anyone or if you have any questions or ideas.

Sponsored

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
I am planning a full write up with pictures and measurements from stock to Clayton springs, stock springs with fix then Clayton springs with the shock update.

Please let me know if this helps anyone or if you have any questions or ideas.
I'm ready! Just wish Clayton would start selling the springs... I want this setup (unless you have a bad experience ;))

F1REICE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon diesel
Occupation
Paramedic health care
I'm ready! Just wish Clayton would start selling the springs... I want this setup (unless you have a bad experience ;))
I HIGHLY recomend the Clayton springs!!!! I only have experience with their Gladiator diesel factory replacement (slightly above)factory front height. Talk to James at Clayton he was exceptional and great to work with!!

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I HIGHLY recomend the Clayton springs!!!! I only have experience with their Gladiator diesel factory replacement (slightly above)factory front height. Talk to James at Clayton he was exceptional and great to work with!!
So the springs are slightly taller than factory? Also stiffer? Does anything else need to be changed out?

DeOhYouGe

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Fiber optic and metallic cable splicer
My TSB 'fix scheduled for Wednesday drop off, get it backThursday. Fingers crossed. Hope this plus Clayton springs will make me happy.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
So the springs are slightly taller than factory? Also stiffer? Does anything else need to be changed out?
I have the Clayton diesel springs. They raised the front up about 1 inch, and they are a bit stiffer. The wifey couldn't tell the difference in the ride. I'm happy with them.

Sponsored

alpineovernappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSS 3.0 & 2006 LJ 6mt
I put Sumosprings in the front to replace the factory bump stops and do not have any noticeable bottoming out. Sumosprings are essentially a progressive bump stop, not springs as they imply. They are longer than the factory bump stops so I also added a 1.5ā€ leveling puck. No need for bump stop extensions now and noticeably better ride. Took a 1-2mpg hit with the leveling out however.

edit: sport s with factory springs

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I have the Clayton diesel springs. They raised the front up about 1 inch, and they are a bit stiffer. The wifey couldn't tell the difference in the ride. I'm happy with them.
Factory height? Or lifted? Rubicon or Sport S Ecodiesel?

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Interesting. The size of the protruding bump stop (the end youā€™re pointing at) is less than what we have now, but itā€™s got more surface area. The steal sleeve goes up in the tube. I wonder how much of the sleeve will protrude out the bottom. Please keep us posted.

You did get 4
At the dealer today. The parts exist! Part numbers line up. Weā€™ll see how much difference.

38CCE8CD-BF90-4E04-9953-BE6FC311CE22.jpeg

5C791331-DBC2-42E9-8A7E-C0F8C8D0251B.jpeg

36340C70-97DF-453D-B2F6-69EA2EC5E44F.jpeg
This past weekend I did a tire rotation and snapped the photos below. Interestingly enough I didnā€™t see the metal collar. Iā€™m wondering if I bottomed out hard enough where itā€™s now stuck up in the tubeā€¦

1805B2A2-F7F1-4143-B5B4-E59877FC6D8B.jpeg

AC29EB51-7593-4AF0-9841-0540EC1CFCAC.jpeg

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
My parts are in, can't get in until the 31st tho... :|