Sponsored

Would you buy a base gladiator if you couldnt do any mods?

dukecola

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
Occupation
Campground Owner
The way you frame the parameters, that is probably a 1% or less market right there. Given that base sports are rare as hens teeth in most dealer lots, that is probably a self correcting thing.

I could not imagine a customer that would not want to mod unless they are just a hen pecked beta male or just only see their Gladiator as just point A to point B transportation and in that case, Gladiator is a piss poor buy to begin with.
Might be more than 1%. People in the northeast often buy base model 4WDs for winter driving. AWD cars and SUVs just can't cut it. People will buy a jeep for winter only and don't need all the bells and whistles.
Sponsored

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500
Occupation
Truck Driver
Nope, mine looked TERRIBLE with the 245s and stupid silver wheels

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
Has to have tow package. But otherwise, yes. A base sport max tow would be fine with me. I would swap to 285x70r17 tires when the stock 255s wore out. Need tow package (6k lbs) or max tow (7k+ lbs with 4.10 gears & wide track axles & LSD) because I have a trailer.

I was considering 2" lift on my Sport Willys, but after Rausch Creek this past weekend, it is getting the 285x70r17 Firestone Destination MT tires and that is it. Willys comes with a LSD & 255x75r17 MT so I'm fine with it as it is until the stock rubber wears out.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Assuming tires are a mod, no.

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I would buy a base even if i couldn't mod it… really the main thing i don't like about the base is the tires. Tires are wear items that will have to be replaced eventually. Put a more aggressive tread and maybe a little larger and all is good. With the base you still get a very capable CONVERTIBLE truck that in my opinion looks better or at-least as good as any other makes base model.

Sponsored

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
I've got the Sport S with a tow package and the premium soft top. Wife wanted dual zone A/C so we have that too. And that's it, that's all I need.

The only mods I installed were running boards, spray in bed liner and tonneau cover which I rarely use now. As I leased my Gladiator, I won't be doing any more mods to it, as I don't see the need.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I would definitely buy the base model if that’s all I could afford. I would mod at as soon as I could, but even if that was years, I’d still roll it. That said, I would rather not do that, but I would:)

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
It mainly comes to what price you can afford otherwise everyone would just get a rubi. I'll probably go with a base 6 speed simply because that's what I can afford, could I get the rubicon well yes but I'd be eating Ramon noodles every night and be in the red with finances. I'd rather have a base and enjoy it then be frustrated wondering where I'll get the money for a payment. I'll probably keep it stock with stock tires ect other then cosmetics like door sills to protect the paint ect. At the end of the day you bought it and you have the power to decide to add mods or keep it stock. You don't have to turn it into a modded beast the first day but you can add as you go.

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator, 22 Mitsubishi Outlander
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
My base JK was bone stock for a few years. It had absolutely no options. I hated it everyday. When I finally was able to afford wheels, tires, tint, and a tuner I was a much happier person.

I actually like the way my gladiator looks in stock form, and I have no problem driving it in stock form. With that said, when the tires need to be replaced I’ll be lifting it and putting on nicer wheels and bigger tires.

Sponsored

BigKillaTDogg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Blue
Occupation
Sales
Just curious how many people would still buy the base gladiator if you didnt have any additional funds to mod anything, you would have to drive it stock. I dont mean the rubicon or majave either lol. Base, i will let you have power door lock, windows and ac though. I personally would not buy it. I wonder how many would agree?
No, I would at least want a lift and bigger tires.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Moving past the obvious problem with creating a situation that doesn't exist (the 'This doesn't count' or 'I'll let you have' conditions)...

If you're buying a base model anything that leaves you so cash-strapped that you couldn't ever change anything on it, you're buying the wrong vehicle.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
B37951B0-272B-4159-B685-66BF421E96FB.jpeg

My first Jeep (the JKU) was a Sport and the only optional equipment it had was SXM for $245.

I’d bought it during the winter and eventually tossed some 285/70/17 on it, but would swap back to the steelies and small tires for the snow months.

My JT is a Sport S with Willy’s take-offs, but will be going back to the original wheels and tires again for winter.

So, yeah, I’m fine keeping it stock and modifying when time and budget permit…even if that means it’s stock for awhile.

5232B73D-C727-4AB3-96C1-5635C0DFE205.jpeg

EA44E206-8B52-4FF6-9E25-E6C2C459F6DB.jpeg

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m s
Lol, let me clarify the question. You have to buy a base and no mods allowed. That's the only option till the wheels fall off. So basically, I'm asking how many people would still buy it?
I’m sure there are lots of people leasing JTs. No real mods will be done to most of these.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
No. Need to have certain things...tow package, Nav which means the enhanced screen/audio package, and the winter package...heated seats (bad back) and remote start. Other things, not necessary.
Sponsored